AXTELL EXPRESSIONS WEB SITE! .....WWW.AXTELL.COM

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Headset mic vs Clip on mic

November 3 2015 at 12:19 AM
Nigel Vent 
from IP address 122.149.143.197

Headset mic vs Clip on mic - two questions

which is best a Clip on mic or a headset style. I have seen the big names using both. Second question Wirless or not wirless. Please let me know your experiences.

Thanks

Nigel Vent

Brisbane Australia

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Nigel Vent

PSI sing a lot in my show

November 3 2015, 12:25 AM 

PS I sing a lot in my show

Nigel Vent

Brisbane Australia

Suzie

Mic

November 3 2015, 1:27 AM 

I prefer using a clip mic.
But, I know a lot of the guys prefer the headset.

Ax

Microphones

January 12 2016, 6:29 AM 

Many performers that use headset mics prefer one that is nearly invisible called the "countryman"

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/E6iOW6T1ET?adpos=1o3&creative=55673940721&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CNuFq8-8pMoCFYhffgodkA8BCg

Avoid the old black ball "madonna type" mics. They look old and distracting.

Some still prefer a basic mic stand and mic, which gives them the ability to remove the mic and walk around, or keep it on the stand when they are using both hands.

Also there are the "gim-crack" portable mic holders which I really dislike but some still use them. They look big and are clunky and you drag the wire around with you, but it does leave your hands free. It puts a standard mic into a neck holder and keeps it in front of you. http://themagicwarehouse.com/TA6290/Gim-Crack-Microphone-Holder.html

Obviously the advantage of a headset mic is that it is "always" in front of your mouth, so you never go off mic when you turn your head. The mic on a stand, the lavaliere or clip on mic, and the gim-crack allow you to turn your head to cough, or to whisper if needed to your audience volunteer, etc.

Pros and cons. I'm sure others will chime in too.

Ax

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on RoboticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
VISIT THE AXTELL CUSTOMER SERVICE PAGE includes customer photographs and the AXTELL Learning Center