AXTELL EXPRESSIONS WEB SITE! .....WWW.AXTELL.COM

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Challenges

July 6 2016 at 6:48 AM

Ax 
from IP address 71.85.61.214

What are the biggest challenges facing you as a performer?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Suzie

Challenges

July 6 2016, 7:07 PM 

I will have to give this some additional thought.
But one of my primary challenges remains to be my lip control.
Just when I think I am doing a pretty good job of it...I see a play back on tape.
I suck. LOL

Lucky me. The people that I primarily perform in front of watch my puppet and not me so much.
Either that, or they just do not have the heart to crush me...

Chris Wintter

Lip Control

July 9 2016, 7:58 PM 

Even though lip control is important, and I focus on that a lot, I think the most important thing is your routine. Sure, I'll have a 4 year old giving me the hairy eyeball the whole time, and not even looking at Taco even though I might be 10 feet from him. She is wanting to see me move my lips so bad to prove to her that I'm the one talking and not Taco.
I sometimes see even the best vents move their lips sometimes.
I find it funny that Axtell Puppets are made to look funny, so we are not really trying to say they are real and are real talking animals. I will have kids ask me if Taco is real after a show. I'll say real to me, which for me might sound crazy but it is partly true.
Anyway, back to Axtell's question. Challenges
For me it is to deliver as perfect of a show as possible. I try to look over everything after set up. I try to have everything in working order.
Just the other day, I uncover Taco shortly after my show begins. I had checked to see if he worked before hand. He moved making me think all was well. Auto Alive mode. It was not. I had no FOB control. Not having that happen in such a long time, I did not even think that it needed to be paired. I replaced him with my hands on Taco that I bring to every show just in case.
Guess What? That will never happen again. I will always check now.

This message has been edited by wizardpa from IP address 68.114.100.19 on Jul 10, 2016 8:42 AM

Chris Wintter

Challenges

July 16 2016, 7:15 PM 

After posting my post about Funkees and how I want to start using my Hang on Monster Puppet, Igor in more shows even non Halloween shows. Of course, anyone that knows me, know that I am a magician. Magic, is what people hire me for. But I love to do a vent puppet routine at the beginning of my show. Usually, after some sort of funny patter between the puppet and I, I then like to have my puppet do a magic trick or two.

Anyway, back to CHALLENGES. One challenge we all face is writing a routine not only that is funny, and for the puppet that we want to use, but also for the audience that we are trying to entertain.

Since I tend to be hired for children shows about 85% of the time, I am going to work on a routine for Igor to entertain children. I guess that is my newest challenge. You might think this is funny, but I get a lot of great ideas while I'm in bed, late at night. Something will just pop into my head. I love original ideas. One thing that just popped into my head is I have a rod arm on one of Igor's arms. I will constantly have Igor grab my head, and turn it to either me looking at him or him turning my head away from looking at him. This should be good for a few laughs.

This message has been edited by wizardpa from IP address 68.114.100.19 on Jul 16, 2016 7:16 PM

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on RoboticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
VISIT THE AXTELL CUSTOMER SERVICE PAGE includes customer photographs and the AXTELL Learning Center