You Closed the Deal鈥擶hat鈥檚 Next? Here Are the Steps To Take Now That the Ink Is Dry

by RobertPopsy (no login)

The Finishing Touch For Digital Printing (Part 1) office accessories custom gift boxes Resilience and Perseverance with this Time of Change ,FREE: The Rx for Xplor
by Jim Olsen October 7 , 2003 -- I happen to be likely to GraphExpo events ever since the 60's, and I have not experienced anything like GraphExpo '03. Last Saturday night I was reluctantly packing my bag not wanting to visit on the show. Normally, I would like to head over to those events and also have people notice me. I'm a consultant within the industry and I always wear a bow tie together with my “branding” effort. But I didn't would like to walk through those aisles and possess those a huge number of people stare for the paralyzed right side of my face - the drooping eye, the half-frown of my mouth, my lop-sided smile. I experienced Bell's Palsy for just a month now. As I realize it, it is usually a virus that affects the tri-facial nerve. But I did fly to Chicago on Sunday and, as I entered, I could tell that each one of such attendees and exhibitors were taking a look at me, and wondering the fact that was wrong with this particular defective person. Well, I'm back, and I employ a beautiful smile within me. I have just experienced one from the most wonderful and fulfilling times during the playing. I have attended many conferences, meetings and industry events in doing my career, but I never been to just one similar to this. Actually I now be aware that I happen to be to a lot of events similar to this before; I just couldn't know it. It wasn't the wedding that's different; that it was I. I was amazed in the understanding and empathy the previous friends and new acquaintances offered me. In the Press Room, Joel Friedman, Executive Director of HDIA sat with me at night at lunch and chatted away while I struggled with my food. He remarked that it absolutely was hard for me to consume and talk on the same time so he kept a non-stop dialogue going which I thankfully didn't should reply to. (Of course talking incessantly is fairly natural for Joel). Once I finished my lunch, Joel and I landed with a technique to defuse and explain away my affliction. We decided that I would tell folks I was about the Atkins Diet, which I am, and this along with losing twenty-nine pounds, which I have, I had encountered a life threatening “side” effect – the entire “side” of my face was falling down! We both belief that would have been a brilliant tactic and happily patted ourselves around the back for springing up achievable one. Immediately after entering the express, Rich Cutri, Vice President, Marketing for your Xerox iGEN3 team, came as much as me and said, “Hey, I see you could have Bell's Palsy. Don't worry. It has decided to disappear completely. Mine did.” During time on the show, I was surprised about the number of people either had had Bell's Palsy or knew someone that did, and, to your person, they assured me never to worry – like Rich, they said hello would soon disappear completely. Frankly, I wouldn't have gone if this weren't for most important meetings I needed to wait, as well as in those meetings the empathy and understanding continued for being felt. At some time, inside a selecting Frank Steenburgh, Xerox Senior Vice President, I lost my train of thought. Frank reached on the placed his hand on my small arm and said, “Don't worry Jim that may vanish entirely. It familiar with get lucky and Rich Cutri all time.” What a reassuring feeling. I then promptly proceeded to shed my train of thought twice more throughout the meeting, and from the time we ended up towards the third one, everybody was laughing and helping me get back on course. Later, in a Scitex Digital Printing reception, I met a classic friend Ben Cooper (an exceptionally senior v . p . of PIA), and Ben informed me that he'd had bi-lateral palsy of his face some in years past and he lost an entire couple of weight while he couldn't eat in any respect. I told him going for the Atkins Diet was a much more appealing idea. He was naturally very attractive reassuring me that things were going to get O.K. There was another major meeting to search. It was dinner with a posh restaurant with Bob Lindgren, President, Printing and Imaging Association of Southern California, his wife Lena and many of his personnel. This became a milieu that I ended up very interested in since I we hadn't eaten inside a public restaurant for more than on a monthly basis except with my partner Debbie. Needless to mention, as Bob is usually attracted to saying, “Not to worry.” Everyone during that table was extremely gracious and I was soon completely comfy – especially after I had informed them that my malady was the results on the now-famous diet. Before I left the show, I was walking around the aisles with great confidence and feeling good about having made the choice to go. It isn't often that the person gets an chance to extend personal thanks in the public forum like whattheythink.com, so I'm taking benefit from it. Thank you one and many types of, both mentioned and unmentioned, to your support and understanding, and just for this humbling experience. You have shown me over ever that what counts is what exactly is about the inside – not the outdoors. It's great being section of a business that also includes every one of you. ,quality office supplies office items
printing-in-china.com

Posted on Oct 9, 2016, 12:03 AM
from IP address 199.168.97.28

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Back to the Song Page