Return to Index  

1/72 USS Enteprise CVN-65 is looking for a new owner, Gabriel Suranyi's awesome build

July 1 2009 at 10:48 PM
Pete Brown  (Login petebuilt)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 64.13.94.30

I'm really looking for your help! I'm sure you remember Gabriel Suranyi's awesome scratchbuilt 1/72 USS Enterprise CVN-65 he's been working on for 20 years. Now, she's in danger. She has to find her new home in the next weeks, otherwise she gets scrapped which would be really-really sad! If you have any ideas, relatives, friends at museums who yout hink might be interested, please don't hesitate to contact him! You can help with simply spreading the word and link about it, posting to your blogs, websites and forums! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't let it go! This unique masterpiece has to survive!

[linked image]

Good day

I am an elderly model builder who has scratch-built I believe one of the finest and largest (16 feet 5 meters long 1/72 sale) models of the US aircraft carrier USS Enterprise CVN-65. It took me over 20 years to build the model and its associated air wing. The model has been written up in FineScale modeler magazine in 1997, it has been acclaimed internationally by modelers and others all over the world.

I am getting older and I am about to move with my wife into a retirement community. Unfortunately, we will not have the room for this model in our retirement home and I am looking to find a good home for it. I am still working and I do not have the time to look around for potential buyers or museums who may be interested in it, and I do not have the resources to move it from my present home in Dallas Texas to another location. I lost a large amount of my retirement savings during the last recession last year and that leaves me in a desperate situation where I either find some organization that is interested or I simply have to throw it away. Weve had our home on the market since February and frankly I never thought that it would sale in this market. At least I was hoping that my home would not sale. Well, I was wrong. It looks like by the end of July I will have to move everything out of my present home and I will have to move the model from its present room. This is a very short notice, but these are the circumstances and I cannot change them. The buyer for my house wants to move in rapidly.

If you are willing to fund the transport of the model, I will do all the necessary dismantling, packing, unpacking and setting up the model at your chosen location. It will take me about one to two weeks to take everything apart. But I do not have the packing materials that may be necessary to transport the model in pieces safely to its new location. The model has been moved twice in its lifetime. Once from New Jersey to Plano (Dallas) Texas, complements of AT&T my employer at the time in 1989. This move was done very professionally and at modest expense. The second time the model was moved from the Willow Bend area of Plano Texas to my present house about 5 miles North 6 years ago when we downsized to what at that time was perceived to be my retirement home.

Please let me know if you are interested, you may either contact me via email or if you would like to talk further or get some more information, you may call me at home after 8PM central time during the week or at work during working hours at 972/284-8030.

If I did not reach the proper party could I ask that this email be routed to the appropriate organization of the museum.

Sincerely
Gabriel Suranyi

This message has been edited by petebuilt from IP address 64.13.94.30 on Jul 1, 2009 10:51 PM
This message has been edited by petebuilt from IP address 64.13.94.30 on Jul 1, 2009 10:50 PM
This message has been edited by petebuilt from IP address 64.13.94.30 on Jul 1, 2009 10:49 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Posting or replying to messages on Plane Talking requires visitors to register:

1. First you will need to register with Network 54, the Forum provider. Click here to register with Network 54. (If you already have a Network 54 Login you can go straight to the next step)
  2. Then, while signed in to Network 54, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

Please note the following conditions of posting:

All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments, racially or religiously offensive remarks, swearing (including the thin disguising of swear words with asterisks and other characters), insulting language and crude metaphors. Please do not use Plane Talking as a public platform to complain about retailers or manufacturers (about issues such as broken or missing parts) before you have followed all normal channels to resolve any greivance. Plane Talking is not the place to conduct personal feuds or for posting personal attacks. Please do not post in capital letters only, as this is considered to be shouting and therefore impolite. Also, please do not post in 'texting message' word format. Any posts breaching these guidelines will promptly be removed from the server and the offender may be excluded from further posting to the HyperScale Forums. Off-topic posts may also be removed from the server.

In addition, Plane Talking is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

Finally, please note that this Discussion Group is privately operated and that I reserve the right to delete any post or cancel any registration for any reason whatsoever.

free counters