Formal Response from Great Wall re P-61 Nose SituationOctober 10 2011 at 1:34 AM
Brett Green (Premier Login hyperscale)
from IP address 184.108.40.206
I have just received this email from Great Wall Hobby regarding the problem with the nose of their new 1/48 scale P-61 kit:
This is the formal reply for the Nose problem happened recently, please announce the following immediatedly:
1.The Clease Short Nose show in the reviews is not the part of L4802. The reason we use this part is to show the inner structure of the nose in the review.
2. The Short noses use the mould together with the clear part square. The review samples is produced by the mould factory and they use the clear plastic all for all the mould, so the nose is clear. When we produced the formal L4802 kit in our own factory, because our factory ahve the ability to use different plastic in one square when injection moulding, according to the history set of L4802, we injected the grey plastic in the nose part and clear plastic for the clear part in the same mould in the same mould at same time.
3. According to the box art and instruction / paint guide of L4802, we indicate clearly that it is the version of Early P61A used in WWII European zone. In the history, It is ture that the plane had not a Clear Nose. And we did not give the paint guide for a P61A with Clear Nose.You can see the kit in your hand
4. It is our mistake that we but the Long Plastic Grey Nose in L4802, which should be used in P61B (The kit will be coming in future several months). We guarantee to provide the correct Short Plastic Grey Nose freely to every customer bought the kit and sorry for for the mistake. The agents and sellers will send it soon.
5. The Clear Short Nose will be used in our future new kit:
L4806 P-61A Black Widow "Glass Nose"
As our schedule, the kit will be coming in Dec, 2011. It is a version of early P61A used in WWII Pacific Zone and have some other special factors except the nose. Please see the attached pictures.
Now, in order to show our trustment and sincerity to solve the accident, we decide to provide the clear nose freely for all the kits sold already, including the stock in sellers hand and all the customers bought the kit ONLY. It is as a Bonus for the first batch.
Please note all the L4802 remainder in our stock now and future producing will NOT have the clear nose.
We are sorry for the accident again and hope the problem is solved smoothly.
Thank you very much for your support.
|This message has been edited by hyperscale from IP address 220.127.116.11 on Oct 10, 2011 1:43 AM|
- Re: Formal Response from Great Wall re P-61 Nose Situation - Mike Dougherty on Oct 10, 2011, 1:43 AM
- Well done GWH - Dannielle on Oct 10, 2011, 2:26 AM
- Only after a show of consumer outrage. Pressure works, public pressure works better. - Steven Modeldad Eisenman on Oct 10, 2011, 7:55 AM
- Outrage? - Jason on Oct 10, 2011, 8:00 AM
- Hope you post those Bredas, especially the Iraqi version! nt - Hub Plott on Oct 10, 2011, 9:15 AM
- Re: Only after a show of consumer outrage. Pressure works, public pressure works better. - Mike Dougherty on Oct 10, 2011, 9:57 AM
- $100 now??? - DarrehH on Oct 10, 2011, 12:12 PM
- That worked - Dannielle on Oct 10, 2011, 2:51 PM
- Re: That worked - Steven Modeldad Eisenman on Oct 10, 2011, 9:33 PM
- Nah - Dannielle on Oct 10, 2011, 9:48 PM
- Oh brother! Accurate Miniatures made a similar mistake. - Gary Fairfull on Oct 10, 2011, 9:45 PM
- great kit, great service - thank you GWH! n/t - ilj on Oct 11, 2011, 10:02 AM
- Seems a fair and decent response, n/t - Malcolm McKay on Oct 10, 2011, 3:09 AM
- Any new information about how to get the replacement nose? - Dave Williams on Oct 10, 2011, 5:18 AM
- But the shape of the nose is still wrong. - Steven Modeldad Eisenman on Oct 10, 2011, 7:56 AM
- It's nice to see a manufacturer being responsive and honorable - Van on Oct 10, 2011, 8:08 AM
- The good that comes out of this board - G. Boyd on Oct 10, 2011, 11:53 AM
- Great Wall: "We Nose Our Airplane Models!" (n/t) - Andrew Abshier, channeling Bill and Ted on Oct 10, 2011, 3:45 PM