Return to Index  

Some Site feedback.....

December 6 2017 at 3:52 PM
rcboater Bill  (Login rcboater)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 76.119.158.93

Response to NewLONE STAR MODELS Web Site roll out sale (edit)

Mike,

The site looks very nice. However, as I browsed around, I noticed some items that I think need correction/improvement. I was going to send this as a private message, but decided to post it here instead- to save other volunteer proofreaders from the task of reporting items you already have had reports about.....

All of this is offered in the spirit of constructive feedback-- we all benefit if your site is a huge success, and leads to the production and sale of even more goodies.....

1. No scales are listed in the product titles, and some don't have the scale mentioned in the descriptions, either.
When I arrived at the site. I clicked on the "store" button. That loads the "all" view by default-- so I was presented with a screen full of image tiles for the various products. That view allows me to go straight to any product item I click on, and the info often isn't there, either. I discovered that there are filters, so I can limit my browsing to "1/48 scale kits" for example, but this is the only way I was able to figure out what scale the Sparrowhawk kit is. (After I had wrongly guessed 1/72 and then 1/32!)

2. Typo: "LSM CC44006 C/KC97 Tab=nker"

3. Shipping charges for orders of "$0 to $50" and $50 to $100" orders are listed, but nothing for over $100. (And which charge appies to a $50 order?)

4. On your main page welcome, the last sentence needs a period.

5. Contact Us page: Need a space after the period before the letter I:
....send me a message.I generally....

6. The Model Repair and Construction page needs a title and an introduction at the top of the page. Something like this:
Model Repair and Construction Services

I offer repair services for all types of models, and also offer completed models for sale. Scroll down to see some examples of my offerings and cababilities.

Interested in these services?

6. I didn't check the prices for everything-- but I saw someone else already reported a possible pricing error....

All of the above are based on my first 10 minutes or so of browsing the site-- and this feedback is meant to help you improve the site and the customer experience....

I'd be happy to elaborate on any of the above- feel free to contact. me directly.

-Bill

Webmaster, IPMS Patriot Chapter, Billerica, MA
www.ipmspatriot.org

This message has been edited by rcboater from IP address 76.119.158.93 on Dec 6, 2017 3:55 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Posting or replying to messages on Plane Talking requires visitors to register:

1. First you will need to register with Network 54, the Forum provider. Click here to register with Network 54. (If you already have a Network 54 Login you can go straight to the next step)
  2. Then, while signed in to Network 54, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

Please note the following conditions of posting:

All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments, racially or religiously offensive remarks, swearing (including the thin disguising of swear words with asterisks and other characters), insulting language and crude metaphors. Please do not use Plane Talking as a public platform to complain about retailers or manufacturers (about issues such as broken or missing parts) before you have followed all normal channels to resolve any greivance. Plane Talking is not the place to conduct personal feuds or for posting personal attacks. Please do not post in capital letters only, as this is considered to be shouting and therefore impolite. Also, please do not post in 'texting message' word format. Any posts breaching these guidelines will promptly be removed from the server and the offender may be excluded from further posting to the HyperScale Forums. Off-topic posts may also be removed from the server.

In addition, Plane Talking is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

Finally, please note that this Discussion Group is privately operated and that I reserve the right to delete any post or cancel any registration for any reason whatsoever.

free counters