<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

I thought the T-33 to be one very boring plane.

July 20 2010 at 10:51 PM

Stigg  (Login hofnerbassman)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 99.90.15.103

Then I saw the one in What's New. That is the best looking natural metal finish I have ever seen. In some shots it looks like a real plane. Excellent work!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

kalashnikov-47
(Login Kalishnikov-47)
HyperScale Forums

Yeah, he nailed it, didn't he?

July 20 2010, 10:56 PM 

Perfect model!

Respond to this message   
Brad Main
(Login BradinBC)
HyperScale Forums

Simply Stunning, I thought it was a walk-around, I dream of being able to get to that! nt

July 20 2010, 10:58 PM 

/

"Max Flex" The key to Naval Success

Respond to this message   
Granger Davis
(Login fliesplanes)
HyperScale Forums

I thought that first pic was the real plane!! I am very impressed!nt

July 20 2010, 11:30 PM 

Respond to this message   
34Drive
(Login 34Drive)
HyperScale Forums

what I don't understand is, what is rub and buff, and where can you get it?

July 21 2010, 12:36 AM 

also, how did he get the panel lines to stand out?

Did he add blue paint to the rub and buff?

Respond to this message   

Stigg
(Login hofnerbassman)
HyperScale Forums

I've found Rub N Buff in Micheal's Crafts stores

July 21 2010, 8:56 AM 

It comes in a tube in silver, pewter, and gold. Look by the wood crafts sections. I've also found it in my local hardware store in the paint section. It's pretty darn close to an artists oil paint. It was the rage in the 60's and 70's for everything including modeling. One is instructed to apply a small amount to the finger tip and rub into a surface. Popular with folks wanting to "antique" things.

This message has been edited by hofnerbassman from IP address 99.90.15.103 on Jul 21, 2010 9:03 AM

Respond to this message   

Gabriel Morales
(Login GMorales83)
HyperScale Forums

Howwww....

July 21 2010, 12:51 AM 

....does one get such a great finish with a paintbrush ?!

Truly a beautiful model, congrats !

GM

Respond to this message   

D. Chouinard
(Login kelric51)
HyperScale Forums

Amazing stuff.........

July 21 2010, 2:08 AM 

I too thought I was looking at a real plane for a second.

I would like to learn how he does the finish.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Posting or replying to messages on Plane Talking requires visitors to register:

1. First you will need to register with Network 54, the Forum provider. Click here to register with Network 54. (If you already have a Network 54 Login you can go straight to the next step)
  2. Then, while signed in to Network 54, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

Please note the following conditions of posting:

All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments, racially or religiously offensive remarks, swearing (including the thin disguising of swear words with asterisks and other characters), insulting language and crude metaphors. Please do not use Plane Talking as a public platform to complain about retailers or manufacturers (about issues such as broken or missing parts) before you have followed all normal channels to resolve any greivance. Plane Talking is not the place to conduct personal feuds or for posting personal attacks. Please do not post in capital letters only, as this is considered to be shouting and therefore impolite. Also, please do not post in 'texting message' word format. Any posts breaching these guidelines will promptly be removed from the server and the offender may be excluded from further posting to the HyperScale Forums. Off-topic posts may also be removed from the server.

In addition, Plane Talking is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

Finally, please note that this Discussion Group is privately operated and that I reserve the right to delete any post or cancel any registration for any reason whatsoever.

free counters