<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

C-27J Spartan goodies?

February 1 2012 at 12:43 PM
Robert  (Login Aptivaboy)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 216.100.90.25

Hi all,

Are there any aftermarket decal sheets for the Italeri 1/72nd scale C-27 kit? I'd like to build one in Air National Guard colors or army colors, although it looks like the army birds may get cancelled.

It looks like Eduard made some PE frets for it, so that part is taken care of.

Thanks!

Robert

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Corbin H.
(Login chaldane)
HyperScale Forums

Ohio ANG Decals

February 1 2012, 12:54 PM 

Wolfpak makes a sheet that has markings for the Ohio ANG - Sheet 72-050:

http://millcreekconsultants.com/WP72-9.html

I'm working on one now, but the sensors the U.S. birds use are different than what's in the kit so I'm looking for some good close-up photos.

Cheers, Corbin

Respond to this message   
Robert
(Login Aptivaboy)
HyperScale Forums

Thanks!

February 1 2012, 2:37 PM 

I'll check them out!

Respond to this message   

Mark Shanks
(Login Serizawa)
HyperScale Forums

The program is toast

February 1 2012, 1:29 PM 

On Jan. 26, the Pentagon said it would divest the C-27J aircraft it has acquired, which are built in Italy by Alenia North America parent Alenia Aermacchi.

The Defense Department said in a budget document that the aircraft had been bought to handle difficult landing strips in Afghanistan, but experience had shown that the larger C-130 aircraft already in service were up to the task.

Since we have ample inventory of C-130s and the current cost to own and operate them is lower, we no longer need nor can we afford a niche capability like the C-27J aircraft, the document stated.

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20120131/DEFREG02/301310015/Alenia-North-America-Appoints-New-CEO-Pentagon-Cuts-C-27J?odyssey=nav%7Chead

"What the United States has announced in recent days has essentially been a decision to produce and purchase no more C-27s and to divest itself of its current capability," said Minister of Defence Stephen Smith.

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/usaf-woes-clip-c-27js-wings-in-australia-367521/

I am deeply concerned with the Department of Defenses decision to terminate the Air Forces C-27J program, Portman said"

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/article/20120127/NEWS01/201270303/Plan-could-end-C-27J-program-Mansfield-base?odyssey=nav%7Chead

Respond to this message   

Mike Moore
(Login maxfinn)
HyperScale Forums

Don't take this to the bank....

February 1 2012, 1:43 PM 

But I think Italeri is planning on releasing the US version. Have fun with the build. I did one as a review for MAI (in the December issue) and found it to be a very nice kit.

Mike

Respond to this message   
Linden Hill
(Login lindenhill)
HyperScale Forums

Soon...

February 1 2012, 2:17 PM 

.We're also working on decals for international C-27As/G.222s

http://www.lindenhillimports.com/lindenhilldecals.htm

Respond to this message   
Robert
(Login Aptivaboy)
HyperScale Forums

Nice!

February 1 2012, 2:39 PM 

Thanks for the update. I'll keep an eye out for these, too. Any chances of an Army bird? Even though it looks like that part of the program is/was eliminated, it would be a nice change of pace to at least see the test and evaluation birds.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Posting or replying to messages on Plane Talking requires visitors to register:

1. First you will need to register with Network 54, the Forum provider. Click here to register with Network 54. (If you already have a Network 54 Login you can go straight to the next step)
  2. Then, while signed in to Network 54, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

Please note the following conditions of posting:

All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments, racially or religiously offensive remarks, swearing (including the thin disguising of swear words with asterisks and other characters), insulting language and crude metaphors. Please do not use Plane Talking as a public platform to complain about retailers or manufacturers (about issues such as broken or missing parts) before you have followed all normal channels to resolve any greivance. Plane Talking is not the place to conduct personal feuds or for posting personal attacks. Please do not post in capital letters only, as this is considered to be shouting and therefore impolite. Also, please do not post in 'texting message' word format. Any posts breaching these guidelines will promptly be removed from the server and the offender may be excluded from further posting to the HyperScale Forums. Off-topic posts may also be removed from the server.

In addition, Plane Talking is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

Finally, please note that this Discussion Group is privately operated and that I reserve the right to delete any post or cancel any registration for any reason whatsoever.

free counters