<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

@Brett: Photo setup

March 29 2012 at 2:54 AM
  (Login LST01LST)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 212.61.144.98

Hello Brett,

Love the photos ofhttp://www.missing-lynx.com/gallery/german/fi103re435bg_1.html . Do you still use the same photo setup as you used to do? I'm currently working on a photo setup but I'm still unable to get the same results as you do in your article. A testorscaleworkshop of taking good (magazine) quality pictures of models would be a nice addition to the videos section wink.gif

Cheers!
Laurens

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Brett Green - Editor
(Premier Login hyperscale)
Forum Owner

It's all about light (and money)

March 29 2012, 3:47 AM 

Hi Laurens,

With the high quality and relatively inexpensive cameras available today, in my opinion the last barrier to publication quality model photos is adequate lighting.

I have two Bowens lights - one 250 and one 500 w/s flash head - which I bought used some years ago and they were still pretty expensive then. I use big soft boxes to diffuse the light.

My portable setup died late last year so I bought an Elinchrom set of two 400 w/s flash heads, soft boxes, remote trigger, stands and carry cases for around AUD$800. This setup is as good or better than my fixed studio lights, at much less than half what I paid for the Bowens some years ago.

There are cheaper flash packages available online too that might be worth checking out.

Bye for now,

Brett

Brett Green - Editor
HyperScale
http://www.hyperscale.com

Respond to this message   

(Login LST01LST)
HyperScale Forums

And how about....

March 29 2012, 4:18 AM 

Hi Brett,

thank you for the answer. Do you do any photoshopping afterwards?

I have found some articles with regard to so called softboxes which are used to put the models in. I think I'll have a go at that first but I'll also be looking for some new lights.

Kind regards
Laurens

Respond to this message   

(Login MidwayJunkie)
HyperScale Forums

Check here'''''''link

March 29 2012, 5:57 PM 

http://s3.zetaboards.com/readersforum/topic/7552577/1/#new

I think I copied the link correectly-----???

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - @Brett: Photo setup
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Posting or replying to messages on Plane Talking requires visitors to register:

1. First you will need to register with Network 54, the Forum provider. Click here to register with Network 54. (If you already have a Network 54 Login you can go straight to the next step)
  2. Then, while signed in to Network 54, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

Please note the following conditions of posting:

All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments, racially or religiously offensive remarks, swearing (including the thin disguising of swear words with asterisks and other characters), insulting language and crude metaphors. Please do not use Plane Talking as a public platform to complain about retailers or manufacturers (about issues such as broken or missing parts) before you have followed all normal channels to resolve any greivance. Plane Talking is not the place to conduct personal feuds or for posting personal attacks. Please do not post in capital letters only, as this is considered to be shouting and therefore impolite. Also, please do not post in 'texting message' word format. Any posts breaching these guidelines will promptly be removed from the server and the offender may be excluded from further posting to the HyperScale Forums. Off-topic posts may also be removed from the server.

In addition, Plane Talking is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

Finally, please note that this Discussion Group is privately operated and that I reserve the right to delete any post or cancel any registration for any reason whatsoever.

free counters