<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Sorry thats copyrighted - The RAF

March 29 2012 at 7:47 AM
Anonymous  (Login Flightgearbloke)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 220.233.10.234

Seems the British MOD and RAF are clamping down - no joke - literally on people misusing their precious RAF icons such as roundel and crests. Model owners have been forced to comply with MOD legal directives or face prosecution at the worst...

What is the world coming to?

The Alquadea and communists must be laughing at the western world strange clamp down on such trivial issues.

See some of the debate going on here ---http://forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php?t=115793

Whats next?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Andy
(Login electron-x)
HyperScale Forums

outragous... but i know what will be next....

March 29 2012, 8:20 AM 

... The Freistaat Bayern is the Copywrite holder of Adolf Hitler (and is vivid in this function).

so next step will be to collect either fees from anybody publishing anything about WWII (due to it being old Adolfs "creative work") or just sue you ... something like that.

or, will the British Government (obviously ahead of everyone else now) sue Soccer fans for using the natioanl insignias during the next worls cup then?

This message has been edited by electron-x from IP address 192.109.190.88 on Mar 29, 2012 8:29 AM

Respond to this message   
Dave Fleming
(Login Davef68)
HyperScale Forums

This has been going on for at least 10 years

March 29 2012, 8:28 AM 

nt

Respond to this message   

Scott Brown
(Login magnetass)
HyperScale Forums

RAF/RAAF stuff....

March 29 2012, 8:51 AM 

The RAAF stuff is easy to obtain permission for, and is free...with the caveat that it be reproduced perfectly, with no alterations.

"Yea ma'am...that's kind of the point" LOL!

Respond to this message   

Chris"the norwegian"Silvestri
(Login GiampieroSilvestri)
HyperScale Forums

So do you have to obscure....

March 29 2012, 9:03 AM 

....the RAF markings on aircraft kits like one has to here in Germany with the insignia on the tail of Luftwaffe aircrafts or Finnish and Latvian markings when showing them in public?

Greetings

Giampiero+Christian

This message has been edited by GiampieroSilvestri from IP address 91.6.239.229 on Mar 29, 2012 9:10 AM

Respond to this message   

Lynn, figures Winston would vomit if he knew
(Login lmritger)
HyperScale Forums

Incredible that this would even be asked, but it's a fair question. nt

March 29 2012, 9:55 AM 

"History is not 'was', it 'is'." - William Faulkner

Respond to this message   

the evil capitalist
(Login stan02)
HyperScale Forums

I now own the rights to air....all you guys better cough up!!

March 29 2012, 11:46 AM 

if only ; - )

stan in yul

Respond to this message   
Edgar Brooks
(Login Edgar.Brooks)
HyperScale Forums

If it makes me cough, I'll sue. n/t

March 29 2012, 12:38 PM 

Respond to this message   

bob in Maine
(Login gingerbob)
HyperScale Forums

I bet the recruiters aren't happy about it!

March 29 2012, 4:35 PM 

You'd think the RAF would be happy to have impressionable young lads building Airfix kits with roundels on them- they ought to give the model companies a shilling for every one sold.

bob

Respond to this message   
JonnersKT
(Login JonnersKT)
HyperScale Forums

strangely the opposite now seems to be the case :)

March 29 2012, 5:30 PM 

A Shilling (thats a whole 5 New Pence - about 3 cents) to our lovely Ministry of Defence for use of the Roundel.

I guess after 400 years of young impressionable lads "taking the Kings shilling" for a life of mystery and adventure in the armed forces, our wonderful civil servants at the MOD have decided they need them all back.

Perhaps we can start digging up corpses in Commonwealth war graves next - to shake the pockets for any loose change.

Vile beaurocratic rubbish from a Ministry that should know far better. You can't copyright a badge of courage, you can only tell its story and lets its efforts speak for itself.

I hope the word "tosser" has a univeral meaning- because that's what the numpties who came up with this are. (a translation is freely available on request)

Jonners

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Posting or replying to messages on Plane Talking requires visitors to register:

1. First you will need to register with Network 54, the Forum provider. Click here to register with Network 54. (If you already have a Network 54 Login you can go straight to the next step)
  2. Then, while signed in to Network 54, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

Please note the following conditions of posting:

All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments, racially or religiously offensive remarks, swearing (including the thin disguising of swear words with asterisks and other characters), insulting language and crude metaphors. Please do not use Plane Talking as a public platform to complain about retailers or manufacturers (about issues such as broken or missing parts) before you have followed all normal channels to resolve any greivance. Plane Talking is not the place to conduct personal feuds or for posting personal attacks. Please do not post in capital letters only, as this is considered to be shouting and therefore impolite. Also, please do not post in 'texting message' word format. Any posts breaching these guidelines will promptly be removed from the server and the offender may be excluded from further posting to the HyperScale Forums. Off-topic posts may also be removed from the server.

In addition, Plane Talking is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

Finally, please note that this Discussion Group is privately operated and that I reserve the right to delete any post or cancel any registration for any reason whatsoever.

free counters