<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

True Details PV-1 cockpit fantasy or?

April 4 2012 at 7:32 AM
  (Login stratboy)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 72.197.89.216

Ok after getting a good look at it in what's new a couple of things, first, not a huge improvement over the kit, but some for sure. The second thing is that darned rear bulkhead we have discussed a few times here. True Details (Squadron) has it so it goes all the way across and has added a fire bottle above the opening. So do they know something we don't? I am very curious here, sorry if the horse is dead, made into a baseball and ready for opening day, but geeze!!
Rob

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Premier Login Aussie_Modeller)
HyperScale Forums

I am not overly impressed with it

April 4 2012, 8:10 AM 

I had a look at the images of the set and I can't really see any great changes or improvements over the kit parts that makes it worth buying.

Some of the other sets, eg new props or even Dmolds new front lower fueslage, are worth buying but not the cockpit set. This is with out even getting in to the accuracy, or not, of the set.

Warmest regards,

David Harvey
Editor
Aussie Modeller International.
http://www.aussiemodeller.com.au

Respond to this message   

(Login ffirefighter13)
HyperScale Forums

Bulkhead blueprint

April 4 2012, 9:43 AM 

The scan of the blue print below shows the large vertical rails that are on the front of the bulkhead in question (this view is aft, looking forward). The inside one clearly shows the angle inboard part way up, as do photographs of this area.

I am staring to wonder where the information for this full bulkhead comes from. Yet to find any photos/drawings or written word on a 'full bulkhead' in the flying crew station.

[linked image]

Cheers, Vic

Respond to this message   

(Login stratboy)
HyperScale Forums

Agreed, I wonder who designed the set and....

April 4 2012, 12:35 PM 

What drawins/pictures they used? The closest I have come to the full bulkhead is in one or two pictures of later PV-1s flying over the Pacific, what looks like "maybe" something behind the copilot, but I finally decided it was shadows and not anything. And I would love to find evidence because I built and closed everything up before I noticed it was not correct in the kit, so mines wrong! I wish we knew who designed the set and what refence they used, I mean they added a fire bottle for gosh sakes that is a very specific detail, did they just make that up? Did they use a PV 2 cockpit? Now I am very curious!
Rob

Respond to this message   

Gary Fairfull
(Login G.Fairfull)
HyperScale Forums

Not their best work.........

April 4 2012, 10:13 AM 

......I have certainly seen better from Squadron. Actually I was quite shocked by it, it can't be Scott's work.

Respond to this message   
Cameron Lynch
(Login ctlynch)
HyperScale Forums

Don't believe Scott has worked for Squadron

April 4 2012, 10:20 AM 

In about 15 years. He did the beautiful early TD stuff and then went to CE.

Respond to this message   

Scott Battistoni
(Login mrcockpit)
HyperScale Forums

Gary, I definitely did not do the Ventura set

April 4 2012, 12:15 PM 

I haven't worked at Squadron since 1994.

Frankly I would be ashamed to release/have this set in my resin line up.
But that is me and I am very critical of myself.

Others will be perfectly happy with this set, and as long as they are happy that's all that matters.

Scotty B

Respond to this message   

Gary Fairfull
(Login G.Fairfull)
HyperScale Forums

Good to see you on here Scott

April 4 2012, 5:07 PM 

My eyes always perk up when I see your posts.

Sorry to even associate you with Squadron. I thought you were doing work for Trus Details now. I should have worded that better. I should have stated I know that for sure is not Scott's. Not that can't be Scott's.

I still think your stuff is the best. I still have the two Cutting Edge Hornet cockpits you sent me.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - True Details PV-1 cockpit fantasy or?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Posting or replying to messages on Plane Talking requires visitors to register:

1. First you will need to register with Network 54, the Forum provider. Click here to register with Network 54. (If you already have a Network 54 Login you can go straight to the next step)
  2. Then, while signed in to Network 54, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

Please note the following conditions of posting:

All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments, racially or religiously offensive remarks, swearing (including the thin disguising of swear words with asterisks and other characters), insulting language and crude metaphors. Please do not use Plane Talking as a public platform to complain about retailers or manufacturers (about issues such as broken or missing parts) before you have followed all normal channels to resolve any greivance. Plane Talking is not the place to conduct personal feuds or for posting personal attacks. Please do not post in capital letters only, as this is considered to be shouting and therefore impolite. Also, please do not post in 'texting message' word format. Any posts breaching these guidelines will promptly be removed from the server and the offender may be excluded from further posting to the HyperScale Forums. Off-topic posts may also be removed from the server.

In addition, Plane Talking is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

Finally, please note that this Discussion Group is privately operated and that I reserve the right to delete any post or cancel any registration for any reason whatsoever.

free counters