<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Flogger anyone (photo)?

April 12 2012 at 2:25 PM

(Login Rhinosd)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 12.175.80.138

At the Evergreen Air and Space Museum. A very nice job on the restoration of this MiG-23 (ex-East German Luftwaffe).

[linked image]

It is better to be the stomper rather than the stompee!
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Chris Durden
(Login mcdurd)
HyperScale Forums

Flogger? I hardly know her..... ;-)

April 12 2012, 2:29 PM 

Respond to this message   

(Login 34thprs)
HyperScale Forums

Well...I'm not a big fan of Floggers, but...

April 12 2012, 3:15 PM 

...I can see the Redhawks are well represented here! Now you've gone and done it. I'm gonna be in PDX in a couple of weeks over my birthday. Guess I know where I'll have to go while there!

Will take photos while there and post what I take if anyone is interested!

Cheers

Rich

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In memory of Thomas E. Myers
Chief Know-it-all & Part-time Churl
(1961-2008)

"Now go build something!" --Thom Myers

Respond to this message   

(Login erik_schmidt)
HyperScale Forums

It's a good one...

April 12 2012, 6:55 PM 

That MiG really is something, and you can walk right up to it, try and read the instructions in the main gear wells, etc.

If you're visiting, it might be relevant that the MiG-23 is actually in the space museum. They've got so many planes they've had to put them everywhere. You can see in the photo that they've got the F-4 and F-15 there, too. I think along with the F-104 and SR-71.

What a place. HTH.

Erik

Respond to this message   

(Login bondo455)
HyperScale Forums

And, Rian, if you drive up I-15 to Nellis, you can actually.......

April 12 2012, 6:50 PM 

sit in a Flogger indoors, as did this curmudgeon on a quiet Fall afternoon, all by hissef, about five years ago. And, right next to it is a nicely preserved Fulcrum in which you can also sit. They're both at the Red Flag Intel. Museum. Before you go, you might want to call and check if you need a military ID card--naturally, things really tighened up post-9/11--or if you can just sign in with a D.L. The Flogger is a tight fit--I was used to the relative commodious accommodations in our Romeo Fox Four and Vark cockpits, plus back in the 70s I was about sixty pounds lighter! I know you understand. happy.gif

Phil

Respond to this message   

kalashnikov-47, IPMS dropout
(Login Kalishnikov-47)
HyperScale Forums

Been there, done that....

April 12 2012, 8:38 PM 

Back in the 80's I always looked forward to a TDY to Red Flag so I could visit the petting zoo. Of course, back in those days there was no MiG-29, but way cool none-the-less.

michigan-144x66.jpg

Respond to this message   

(Login ViperEnforcer)
HyperScale Forums

Here-here

April 12 2012, 10:08 PM 

back in the 90s when I was stationed there and again more recently, when TDY for Red Flag this past Jan-Feb.

Up close, there's nothing precision about the two!

"I am a "Realist". I see and call things as they are, not how I want them to be."

Respond to this message   

(Login MattP38)
HyperScale Forums

Back at you, Rian

April 12 2012, 7:25 PM 

Posted before, but my favorite photo of the Flogger, hands down.

[linked image]

M.

It's good to have a friend here at my shoulder with a little time to spend, til I find love again -F. C. Collins W. C. Bickhardt

Respond to this message   

(Login ViperEnforcer)
HyperScale Forums

Seen the one at March Air Field Museum?

April 12 2012, 10:09 PM 

we crawled all over in and a few other MiGs.

"I am a "Realist". I see and call things as they are, not how I want them to be."

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Flogger anyone (photo)?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Posting or replying to messages on Plane Talking requires visitors to register:

1. First you will need to register with Network 54, the Forum provider. Click here to register with Network 54. (If you already have a Network 54 Login you can go straight to the next step)
  2. Then, while signed in to Network 54, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

Please note the following conditions of posting:

All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments, racially or religiously offensive remarks, swearing (including the thin disguising of swear words with asterisks and other characters), insulting language and crude metaphors. Please do not use Plane Talking as a public platform to complain about retailers or manufacturers (about issues such as broken or missing parts) before you have followed all normal channels to resolve any greivance. Plane Talking is not the place to conduct personal feuds or for posting personal attacks. Please do not post in capital letters only, as this is considered to be shouting and therefore impolite. Also, please do not post in 'texting message' word format. Any posts breaching these guidelines will promptly be removed from the server and the offender may be excluded from further posting to the HyperScale Forums. Off-topic posts may also be removed from the server.

In addition, Plane Talking is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

Finally, please note that this Discussion Group is privately operated and that I reserve the right to delete any post or cancel any registration for any reason whatsoever.

free counters