<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Problem with airbrush - not siphoning paint up the tube AND...

December 9 2012 at 3:35 PM
Rick Reinbott  (Login RRman)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 99.119.212.227

....when I press the trigger there is air going back down into the jar as the paint/thinner mixture is bubbling every time the trigger is pressed.

I thoroughly cleaned the airbrush and the paint mixture is very thinned plus I'm getting the same reaction when I just attempt to spray the thinner.

Airbrush is Badger 200; have never had a problem like this.

Please assist if you can.

TIA!

Rick

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
MichiganPete
(Login MichiganPete)
HyperScale Forums

Disassemble, clean, clean, clean, clean

December 9 2012, 3:37 PM 

Classic symptoms of a dirty brush.

Respond to this message   

Glen
(Login Air-5)
HyperScale Forums

Airbrush

December 9 2012, 3:59 PM 

I have to agree with Pete, DRITY airbrush. I also have a Badger 200, Clean, clean clean.. using a magnafing glass and a light look into the paint nozzel make sure no lint or, pipe clean fibers are in the barrel (I've had it happen). On the 200 this is IMHO is where you are most likely to have the clog. I also made a tool out of gitare wire, bent a loop onto it to hold, and I use it to clean that on little part.
Good luck.
Alway keep your brush clean
Air-5

Respond to this message   

Dan from Bermuda
(Login dandesilva)
HyperScale Forums

you should check for buildup on the needle

December 9 2012, 4:02 PM 

My advice would be to run some staright thinner through the airbrush- if you use enamels- whatever other thinner suitable for the paint you usually use.
Then, pull the needle out entirely, and look for a buildup of paint around the needle.
you will then need to carefully sand the buildup of paint off the needle- I use wet and dry- starting with 800 using the thinner as the fluid to sand with.
I polish it with 1600 to finish. roll the needle as you sand.

be careful not to damage the very tip.
This may sort out the problem you described.
Dan,

Respond to this message   
Mike Horina
(Login mhorina7)
HyperScale Forums

Rick, could be as simple as the air bleed hole in the jar lid

December 9 2012, 5:38 PM 

nt

Respond to this message   
Don Wheeler
(Login slimw)
HyperScale Forums

200 or 200NH?

December 9 2012, 7:25 PM 

If it's the old 200, the Teflon gasket may need to be replaced. They wear out after a while. Try a little Chapstick on the threads that go into the body.

If it's the 200NH, there might be some crud or a scratch where the tip enters the body. Try rubbing a little bees wax here.

Have a look at this page: https://sites.google.com/site/donsairbrushtips/troubleshooting

Don

Respond to this message   
Rick Reinbott
(Login RRman)
HyperScale Forums

Thanks all; I got it working and....

December 9 2012, 10:52 PM 

....it was indeed the tip; all I did was unscrew the tip (just the part around the needle tip)and hooked up a jar of water to it. I then started spraying and, after awhile, out came the water. I then screwed the tip part back on and the water came out right away. Hooked up the paint jar and I was back in business!

Thanks again!

Rick

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Posting or replying to messages on Plane Talking requires visitors to register:

1. First you will need to register with Network 54, the Forum provider. Click here to register with Network 54. (If you already have a Network 54 Login you can go straight to the next step)
  2. Then, while signed in to Network 54, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

Please note the following conditions of posting:

All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments, racially or religiously offensive remarks, swearing (including the thin disguising of swear words with asterisks and other characters), insulting language and crude metaphors. Please do not use Plane Talking as a public platform to complain about retailers or manufacturers (about issues such as broken or missing parts) before you have followed all normal channels to resolve any greivance. Plane Talking is not the place to conduct personal feuds or for posting personal attacks. Please do not post in capital letters only, as this is considered to be shouting and therefore impolite. Also, please do not post in 'texting message' word format. Any posts breaching these guidelines will promptly be removed from the server and the offender may be excluded from further posting to the HyperScale Forums. Off-topic posts may also be removed from the server.

In addition, Plane Talking is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

Finally, please note that this Discussion Group is privately operated and that I reserve the right to delete any post or cancel any registration for any reason whatsoever.

free counters