<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Former RAF station for sale on ebay

February 2 2013 at 1:21 PM

(Login ZergOvermind)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 71.96.213.184

http://tinyurl.com/aut3qub

I'm not really a pompous ***; I just play one on HyperScale!

Michael McMurtrey
IPMS-USA #1746
IPMS-Canada #1426
Carrollton, Texas

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login Greg7AC)
HyperScale Forums

An anarcho-syndicalist modeling commune anyone?

February 2 2013, 1:38 PM 

We could take it in turns to be a sort of executive officer for the week but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs but by a two thirds majority in the case of...

Respond to this message   

(Login GrantGoodale)
HyperScale Forums

Strange women lyning in ponds ...

February 2 2013, 1:42 PM 

Respond to this message   

(Login dimon73)
HyperScale Forums

you can't really have real property ownership rights in the UK, or Canada, or Australia

February 2 2013, 1:45 PM 

Under the Canadian system, the right to dispose of land or benefit from its resources is always, at its heart, a right that can only be fully exercised by the Crown.
Remaining loyal to the Crown gave Canadians access to the military defences to maintain independence from the United States. The U.S. choice to declare independence meant that U.S. citizens would gain more property rights but would also lose the economic, political and military support of the British.

Everything else is just legal fluff.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

(Login PBR66)
HyperScale Forums

Economic,political and military support of the

February 2 2013, 3:11 PM 

British???? Oh please, we fought two wars in this country to keep from being under the "Support of the British".
Ken

Respond to this message   

(Login dimon73)
HyperScale Forums

and the outcome was?.... exactly my point.

February 2 2013, 3:15 PM 

Canada is owned by the Brits to this day.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Bob Perry
(Login BobPerry)
HyperScale Forums

Ha Ha Ha

February 2 2013, 3:45 PM 

Don't play with people like this. Some unsuspecting guy might think there's truth in what you're saying.

Respond to this message   

(Login dimon73)
HyperScale Forums

this is the truth. Hello.. let me tell you something about real life

February 2 2013, 3:50 PM 

what is Mark Carney's new job? ( you know who he is right?)
Reading the Charter of Rights and Freedoms with thinking hat on helps happy.gif

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

(Login Gluehuffer)
HyperScale Forums

Re: this is the truth. Hello.. let me tell you something about real life

February 2 2013, 5:02 PM 

Britian owns Canada as much as the Queen rules Britain.

Respond to this message   

(Login MalcolmMcKay)
HyperScale Forums

Frankly Dimitri I suspect you are talking through your

February 2 2013, 6:03 PM 

arse. In Australia, of which I am a citizen, and other Commonwealth countries there are several types of property ownership. Certainly the government may resume property for public purposes but the same applies in the US. Most countries have that provision in their laws regardless of what their political system is.

As for the British crown having any say in the matter - that was sorted out during the English Civil War since which time the crown is simply a constitutional head of state with considerably less real powers than the US President. Why do you think that Edward VIII was forced to abdicate.

Respond to this message   
Brent Gair
(Login KBGair)
HyperScale Forums

In Fact...

February 2 2013, 6:24 PM 

Rather than talking through his arse, he may be talking from the bottom of a bottle filled with 26 ounces of our fine, Canadian Rye Whiskey.

I can conceive of nothing that triggered his absolutely bizarre rant. What would cause an otherwise sane person to make such an inexplicably weird posting in a model airplane forum?

I think Dmitri is going to wake up with an awful hang-over tomorrow and be extremely embarrassed by what he's posted while under the influence.

It's not worth arguing with him. Let him sober up and we can all forget this ever happenned.

Respond to this message   

(Login dimon73)
HyperScale Forums

I don't drink, and yes you're right - this is a wrong forum

February 2 2013, 6:38 PM 

I'm just a private investor who knows that stuff just because I need to know to hedge accordingly and to protect my assets.

Are you educated at all Brent? Public school or something? Beer and hockey induced coma?, too busy chasing another iCrap? C'mon now! I stand by my words. Do you? Define "weird"...

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

(Login dimon73)
HyperScale Forums

Nope, not a all. I don't know about Australia, but here in Canada

February 2 2013, 6:27 PM 

some people are getting ready to challenge the law.
I'm not anywhere near the point of discussing Australia - I just don't know. I heard something about "1 cm under the surface", but know nothing about it.

In the United States, when you buy a piece of land, it becomes yours. Within the confines of the laws governing your community (including zoning bylaws), you can do as you wish with it. You own the land, and you own what is above it, and, most importantly, you own what is below it.
This idea flows directly from the fact that U.S. landowners are not subject to the rights of the Crown.
Of course, in the United States, there is still the legal concept of eminent domain, which means the needs of the community occasionally compromise the rights of the individual. Land can be expropriated in the United States, but, for the most part, it is easier to defend against expropriation because rights flow from the people up through government to the president and not, as it is in Canada, from the government down to individual citizens. U.S. property ownership is part of their founding philosophy.

OK, now do you see the diff?

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

(Login MalcolmMcKay)
HyperScale Forums

My original comment still stands as to the source of your information. The

February 2 2013, 7:13 PM 

needs of the state regarding land usage can and do override freehold land ownership in countries like the US, Canada, Great Britain, Australia and most other places where land is owned. It is an essential part of national planning for infrastructure and has been that way for a long time. The English Civil War and the later succession of William III and Mary II to replace James II removed any idea that the crown had arbitrary powers, but left in place the idea that national interest can supersede private land ownership or any property. The US took that concept into its own laws after the revolution. There is no difference. Now if you want Canada to be a republic that's fine with me as I think Australia should also be one but I suspect you will find that when those events occur the right of the state to subsume private property rights for national purposes will remain. In the US the flow of rights is identical to the Commonwealth and I assure you that the idea of a flow upwards is just a polite fiction - in the US the Civil War sorted that out quite comprehensively and for the best.

Respond to this message   

(Login dimon73)
HyperScale Forums

yes I agree, but what about what's below the land? I mean minerals

February 2 2013, 7:23 PM 

quite a different play book, is it not? That is where real wealth is, and will be in the nearest future....

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

(Login MalcolmMcKay)
HyperScale Forums

Yes and quite rightly it is

February 2 2013, 8:18 PM 

crown property which is the legal term for state property. The exploitation of which is sold upon the payment of royalties to the state which are then used as part of the general funds available to the state like taxes, customs duties etc. Names like royalty or crown are directly interchangeable with tax and state in this sense and do not indicate that the monarch who is the head of state of a parliamentary democracy can seize the resource or alter the relevant laws at their whim.

Respond to this message   

(Login dimon73)
HyperScale Forums

absolutely! but do you realize the difference?

February 2 2013, 8:40 PM 

In the United States, landowners usually hold title to the mineral resources located beneath their land; in Canada, this is never the case.
Originally, the British monarchy held the rights to the land, and now the Canadian government holds the rights to most Canadian land.
so I guess we can agree to agree happy.gif
My initial post was triggered by that eBay listing in the UK. If the land was in the US - it would be another story.
Your notion of "polite fiction" was priceless BTW happy.gif I mean, really good. It's just a system, that still can be financially very advantageous, if played correctly. If you know what I mean.
I see blatant honesty can be very painful to those invested in IRA, 401K and RSP. Oh well, they don't know what's coming.
This tread will be sooooo pulled!

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Steve M
(Login Wumm)
HyperScale Forums

There is no difference...

February 2 2013, 9:06 PM 

The State can, and will trample your rights if they decide it's in the public interest. Whether in the UK, Canada, Australia... Or the good ol' US of A.

http://rampscampaign.org/navajo-appalachians-veterans-and-st-louis-residents-confront-peabody-coal/

It makes no difference where you live, when money is the primary motivator.

Steve.

Respond to this message   

(Login dimon73)
HyperScale Forums

oh that stuff happens all over the place - I'm not surprised

February 2 2013, 9:19 PM 

we're into some serious legal implications and possibly corruption.

My point was that it's important to distinguish property ownership, and property rights - two different concepts!
And so much different in the US and Canada. But I elaborated on this already.

And yes, things happen, I noted that. Is this unlawful? - my opinion doesn't matter.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Bob Perry
(Login BobPerry)
HyperScale Forums

You are trying way too hard

February 2 2013, 10:16 PM 

If you're going to troll, you ought to use some skill.

Enough of this nonsense. You are on the permanent ignore list.

Respond to this message   

(Login PBR66)
HyperScale Forums

Dmitriy, I was speaking of the USA not Canada...

February 2 2013, 5:31 PM 

1776 and 1812...
Ken

Respond to this message   

(Login dimon73)
HyperScale Forums

yeah, I got it Ken, you're correct

February 2 2013, 5:39 PM 

that was my point pointing out the fundamental differences between two countries, and their legal systems when it comes to real property. We all know what outcome of the wars was.
There several potential lawsuits are cooking here in Canada, and people were deprived of rights in the past... but that's a lounge subject.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Jim B.
(Login jamesBer)
HyperScale Forums

Hmmm,. Maybe interest/possiblilites for "Top Gear""? Their own test track at last! n/

February 2 2013, 1:53 PM 

Respond to this message   

(Login ADRIANOPANETTA)
HyperScale Forums

I recall the Chretien government doing an about face when it realized

February 2 2013, 2:29 PM 

they might make it possible for The Hell's Angels to move into some nice new diggs. It would have been interesting to see the RCMP raid a Diefenbunker.

Respond to this message   

(Login mailman7777777)
HyperScale Forums

Buy

February 2 2013, 2:44 PM 

I would buy it but the shipping costs would kill me.

Owen

Respond to this message   

bob in Maine
(Login gingerbob)
HyperScale Forums

You have to collect it in person-

February 2 2013, 3:12 PM 

"Post to:
Collection in person only"

And here I was thinking it would make a great diorama base.

bob

Respond to this message   

john c fields
(Login JCFields)
HyperScale Forums

Ultimate zombie apocalypse refuge? nt

February 2 2013, 3:52 PM 

Respond to this message   
MikeC
(Login tiger44143)
HyperScale Forums

Historically Significant

February 2 2013, 4:03 PM 

It was not a flying station, but arguably more vital as a Radar/Fighter Control base. Made history by being the first operational RAF station commanded by a woman, the late Air Cdre Joan Hopkins WRAF.

http://news.uk.msn.com/blog/trending-blogpost.aspx?post=b37bb604-e1b8-46b5-b987-aacef2b18a5e

Michael
IPMS(UK) Reconnaissance SIG Leader

Respond to this message   

(Login gkarker)
HyperScale Forums

I throw in my 16 eBay bucks.

February 2 2013, 5:07 PM 

Need to spend them before midnight. I was going to buy the eduard Mig-21 SMT, but I pitch in for this one.

Respond to this message   

(Login Rattlesden_447th)
HyperScale Forums

Buy it and then immediately...

February 3 2013, 3:59 AM 

... get out your metal detector and auction off any lumps of metal you find.

Not much chance of finding a crated Spitfire though.

Steve Heeb; Puyallup, WA
In fond memory of Loran B Heeb
"Ol' Scrapiron"
447th BG; Rattlesden England

Respond to this message   
Bill
(Login Nav1Bill)
HyperScale Forums

Sounds like a great place for storing a kit stash! n/t

February 3 2013, 10:34 AM 

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Former RAF station for sale on ebay
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Posting or replying to messages on Plane Talking requires visitors to register:

1. First you will need to register with Network 54, the Forum provider. Click here to register with Network 54. (If you already have a Network 54 Login you can go straight to the next step)
  2. Then, while signed in to Network 54, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

Please note the following conditions of posting:

All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments, racially or religiously offensive remarks, swearing (including the thin disguising of swear words with asterisks and other characters), insulting language and crude metaphors. Please do not use Plane Talking as a public platform to complain about retailers or manufacturers (about issues such as broken or missing parts) before you have followed all normal channels to resolve any greivance. Plane Talking is not the place to conduct personal feuds or for posting personal attacks. Please do not post in capital letters only, as this is considered to be shouting and therefore impolite. Also, please do not post in 'texting message' word format. Any posts breaching these guidelines will promptly be removed from the server and the offender may be excluded from further posting to the HyperScale Forums. Off-topic posts may also be removed from the server.

In addition, Plane Talking is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

Finally, please note that this Discussion Group is privately operated and that I reserve the right to delete any post or cancel any registration for any reason whatsoever.

free counters