<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Green camo KA-3B info needed

July 6 2013 at 9:49 AM
Darren Roberts  (Login Darren_Roberts)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 69.254.230.8

I'm just about at the painting stage for my Trumpeter KA-3B. I want to do the trial green over white scheme from Vietnam. I can only find one picture in the "In-Action" book. I've googled a couple different times, but to no avail. Can anyone point me to another picture?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

gavin
(Login gavingav1)
HyperScale Forums

this picture is not in the in action book

July 6 2013, 10:28 AM 

Looks like you can see the pre repaint markings on the tail and note the front of the engine intake ,you can see the bottom part of the intake warning but not the top ,so i think they just painted over the gull grey in forest green but left the original white untouched and finally looks completely devoid of panel lines or any kind of weathering so must be fresh re-paint

[linked image]

This message has been edited by gavingav1 from IP address 213.107.68.184 on Jul 6, 2013 10:39 AM
This message has been edited by gavingav1 from IP address 213.107.68.184 on Jul 6, 2013 10:33 AM
This message has been edited by gavingav1 from IP address 213.107.68.184 on Jul 6, 2013 10:30 AM

Respond to this message   

(Login I.Martin)
HyperScale Forums

Another one

July 6 2013, 11:17 AM 

In this one you can see another green one

[linked image]

I.Martin

Respond to this message   
Darren Roberts
(Login Darren_Roberts)
HyperScale Forums

Thanks!

July 6 2013, 12:12 PM 

When I saw the first picture I was a bit disappointed that there weren't even national insignias. But you're right. It must have been freshly painted. The second picture is much more interesting. After seeing the first picture, I was going to switch back to a gull gray/white scheme, but that second picture gives me pause. I might yet still do the green camo.

Respond to this message   

(Login I.Martin)
HyperScale Forums

And what about...

July 6 2013, 12:44 PM 

... the recce birds??. They need some changes to be converted into RA-3B but Im sure you can easily deal with the conversion

[linked image]

The best scheme for the whale in my opinion.
I.Martin

Respond to this message   
Ron M
(Login ronsm)
HyperScale Forums

You are right, but where are the other views?

July 6 2013, 1:47 PM 

I can't remember seeing the other views so that I could paint a whole airplane.

Respond to this message   

(Login RexTN)
HyperScale Forums

some other views are in two books

July 6 2013, 2:18 PM 

Fleet Whales, the VAP-61 section, has 4 right and one left side view of the gray camo birds, NAVY Air Colors vol 2 has a color painting of the right side

if you Google RA-3B Skywarrior and click the images tab,,,,,,,part way down the results page are a couple of down angle views that let us see the pattern on the wing tops

Rex

one from each squadron??,,"geeez Rex, how many display cases will that take up?"

http://hangardeckview.blogspot.com/

Respond to this message   
Darren Roberts
(Login Darren_Roberts)
HyperScale Forums

RA-3B

July 6 2013, 2:12 PM 

I'm working on that conversion now. I have about 80% of the gray camo scheme. That's the one I'm planning on doing.

Respond to this message   

gavin
(Login gavingav1)
HyperScale Forums

two more pictures then

July 6 2013, 2:24 PM 

[linked image]

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Darren Roberts
(Login Darren_Roberts)
HyperScale Forums

How many airframes had this scheme?

July 6 2013, 3:22 PM 

I'm going to have to start paying attention to BuNos. The top picture is VQ-1 and I assume the lower one is VAP-61. How many did each squadron have?

Respond to this message   

(Login RexTN)
HyperScale Forums

it gets better, lol

July 6 2013, 3:40 PM 

some are VQ-1, some are VAP-61,,,,,,,,,then also, some are RA-3B and some are ERA-3B

144831 RA-3B
144840 ERA-3B
144834 RA-3B
144840 ERA-3B

some of those show up in Ginter's VAP-61 section, and 144840 shows up in his VQ-1 section,,,,,,,,I don't know if that was the assignments or if he didn't get the photos sorted correctly

he also lists VAP-61 144844, 842, 835, and 847 as being lost in night recce missions, and 144828 and 144826 being lost in ops

Rex

one from each squadron??,,"geeez Rex, how many display cases will that take up?"

http://hangardeckview.blogspot.com/

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Green camo KA-3B info needed
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Posting or replying to messages on Plane Talking requires visitors to register:

1. First you will need to register with Network 54, the Forum provider. Click here to register with Network 54. (If you already have a Network 54 Login you can go straight to the next step)
  2. Then, while signed in to Network 54, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

Please note the following conditions of posting:

All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments, racially or religiously offensive remarks, swearing (including the thin disguising of swear words with asterisks and other characters), insulting language and crude metaphors. Please do not use Plane Talking as a public platform to complain about retailers or manufacturers (about issues such as broken or missing parts) before you have followed all normal channels to resolve any greivance. Plane Talking is not the place to conduct personal feuds or for posting personal attacks. Please do not post in capital letters only, as this is considered to be shouting and therefore impolite. Also, please do not post in 'texting message' word format. Any posts breaching these guidelines will promptly be removed from the server and the offender may be excluded from further posting to the HyperScale Forums. Off-topic posts may also be removed from the server.

In addition, Plane Talking is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

Finally, please note that this Discussion Group is privately operated and that I reserve the right to delete any post or cancel any registration for any reason whatsoever.

free counters