<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

New RS Models 1/72 P-51H

September 22 2013 at 7:45 PM
Wes Weisser  (Login wingnutp51)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 50.81.123.158

Has anyone purchased/built this model yet? I've never built a model from RS Models before and don't want to dish out the money if its not a good kit. Thanks

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Christian A.
(Login tourist51)
HyperScale Forums

I have it.

September 22 2013, 8:25 PM 

I got this kit two days ago and I think it is the best P-51H kit to date.
It is a short run kit so a bit of extra sanding and filling will be needed but the surface details look crisp, consistent and accurate.
After taping together the wings, the fuselage and the canopy/windshield (one part) I do not foresee any major fit issue.
I did not measure the kit but I have been looking at P-51H's for a long time and it easily passes the eyeball test.
This kit beats the 1/48 Classic Airframes and Historic Plastic Models kits hands down in my opinion.
Out of the box you can get a really nice and fairly accurate P/F-51H, not so with the 1/48 kits.
The cockpit is basic but nicely done and the decals look nice.
Maybe someday we'll get a 1/32 P-51H or a nice new tool 1/48 kit but until then if you want a nice P-51H RS Models is the way to go.

Christian A.

Respond to this message   

Bryant
(Login 86Sabreboy1)
HyperScale Forums

How does it compare to the 1/72 CMR kit?

September 22 2013, 9:23 PM 

I have this kit and the detail is incredible. Aside from mold release points the finish is exquisite. Here's a review-

http://kits.kitreview.com/cmr160reviewgp_1.htm

I believe in god and the only thing that scares me,,,,,,is Keyser Soze.

Respond to this message   

Christian A.
(Login tourist51)
HyperScale Forums

I don't know.

September 23 2013, 12:31 AM 

Hi Bryant, I do not have the CMR kit, all I ever saw of it is the review you posted.
On the pictures of the CMR review I can spot two things that are less accurate than on the RSM kit; the wheel bays with the usual wrong wing spar and the main gear doors.
I cannot say more without seeing the CMR kit in person.
Perhaps I should rephrase my previous statement and say that the new kit is the best plastic P-51H.

Christian A.

Respond to this message   
Wes Weisser
(Login wingnutp51)
HyperScale Forums

Re: I have it.

September 22 2013, 9:57 PM 

Okay. Thanks for the info. Looks like I will defiantly be adding this kit to the collection.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Posting or replying to messages on Plane Talking requires visitors to register:

1. First you will need to register with Network 54, the Forum provider. Click here to register with Network 54. (If you already have a Network 54 Login you can go straight to the next step)
  2. Then, while signed in to Network 54, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

Please note the following conditions of posting:

All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments, racially or religiously offensive remarks, swearing (including the thin disguising of swear words with asterisks and other characters), insulting language and crude metaphors. Please do not use Plane Talking as a public platform to complain about retailers or manufacturers (about issues such as broken or missing parts) before you have followed all normal channels to resolve any greivance. Plane Talking is not the place to conduct personal feuds or for posting personal attacks. Please do not post in capital letters only, as this is considered to be shouting and therefore impolite. Also, please do not post in 'texting message' word format. Any posts breaching these guidelines will promptly be removed from the server and the offender may be excluded from further posting to the HyperScale Forums. Off-topic posts may also be removed from the server.

In addition, Plane Talking is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

Finally, please note that this Discussion Group is privately operated and that I reserve the right to delete any post or cancel any registration for any reason whatsoever.

free counters