<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Eduard scaled down their 1/48 Hellcat to 1/72. So why not..........

April 20 2017 at 9:44 AM
Darrell B  (Login begaultd)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 68.63.40.93

Scale it UP to 1/32? There are no accurate Hellcat kits with recessed panel lines in 1/32. Hopefully Tamiya will make one eventually, but maybe Eduard can beat them to the punch!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
David Hansen
(Login HanmanRA5)
HyperScale Forums

Post deleted after i finished ranting. n/t

April 20 2017, 11:21 AM 

n/t

This message has been edited by HanmanRA5 from IP address 198.0.45.107 on Apr 20, 2017 11:23 AM

Respond to this message   

Pip Moss
(Login pnmoss)
HyperScale Forums

Can you give us a synopsis? n/t

April 20 2017, 11:29 AM 

Respond to this message   
Darrell Thompson
(Login Thunderbolt47)
HyperScale Forums

Eduard don't really seem interested in 1/32nd scale

April 20 2017, 11:28 AM 

They did the 109E, but I don't recall anything else they have produced in this scale, they seem to prefer 1/72nd and 1/48th, so I'm saying unlikely they would scale up their F6F. I would like them to scale up their MiG-15 to 1/48th scale though.

Respond to this message   
BradinOakHarbor
(Login BradinBC)
HyperScale Forums

Didn't they just release a 1/32 P-47D kit using someone's molds? nt

April 20 2017, 12:10 PM 

/
"Max Flex" The key to Naval Success

Respond to this message   

Old Geezer.
(Login cezary)
HyperScale Forums

Hasegawa plastic plus Eduard bits and pieces.

April 20 2017, 12:27 PM 

n/t

Respond to this message   

Max Bryant
(Login takenname1)
HyperScale Forums

Yes and pretty expensive if you ask me

April 20 2017, 6:09 PM 

I have the Hasegawa kit and it is a fine model. What could Eduard possible add that would justify this price on their boxing. I know the limited edition and decals but seriously what is in this boxing that makes it 3 times more dear than the Hasegawa. Reason I ask is I bit on the Limited edition MiG-29 even though I had a base Academy kit with Aires wheel bays, cockpit, Cutting Edge Burners and more. But I love me some MiG so I bit. I was a bit disappointed when I get this kit assuming that much of their stand alone Brassin (beautiful stuff too) is in this boxing only it is not!

So would a 1/32 Hellcat from them be welcome? Sure as they have very nice 1/48 and 1/72 kits... It would be welcome in a weekend edition boxing akin to their 109 for me though.....

Max Bryant

Respond to this message   
Darrell Thompson
(Login Thunderbolt47)
HyperScale Forums

It's not 3 times

April 21 2017, 2:34 AM 

Hasegawa kit retails at £70, Eduard £127, so not even twice the price. Don't compare it with the price that the Hasegawa kit came out originally, prices have increased quite a bit since then.

This message has been edited by Thunderbolt47 from IP address 2.123.95.163 on Apr 21, 2017 5:52 AM

Respond to this message   

Max Bryant
(Login takenname1)
HyperScale Forums

No I am comparing it to when they first came out

April 21 2017, 8:18 PM 

Did I offend you with my three times the price comment? I own the Hasegawa kit at the original issue price and if I were to get an Eduard kit, it is three times the original price (to me) so my comment stands. So it is correctly three times (or more) the price. So anything to tell me about what's in this kit that makes it one to three times more expensive than the Hasegawa kit? Any idea why the MiG 29 didnt have most of their brassin upgrades included? Did Eduard add alot to the P-47? Cause a decal sheet and resin interior should not add more than the cost of a Cartograph decal sheet and what an Aries cockpit would cost if purchased separately. just my opinion and I'm welcome to it....

Max Bryant

This message has been edited by takenname1 from IP address 50.158.223.135 on Apr 21, 2017 10:21 PM

Respond to this message   
Darrell Thompson
(Login Thunderbolt47)
HyperScale Forums

They don't seem much interested in PRODUCING 1/32nd scale kit

April 21 2017, 2:29 AM 

Maybe I should have said producing as reboxing is a different matter.

This message has been edited by Thunderbolt47 from IP address 2.123.95.163 on Apr 21, 2017 5:52 AM

Respond to this message   

Junkman3353
(Login junkman3353)
HyperScale Forums

And with a somewhat related thought: R/M downsized their F-4/F-101/F-89 kits

April 20 2017, 11:35 AM 

Why didn't they continue to their F-102 and F-106 kits. They could have outdone Meng by 20 years (+). Probably some internal reason we'll never be privy to but....
Tank: So what do you need? Besides a miracle.
Neo: Guns. Lots of guns.

Respond to this message   
James Colley
(Login JamesColley)
HyperScale Forums

Eduard Hellcat is just

April 20 2017, 3:47 PM 

old, the Eduard Hellcat is an old kit in Eduard terms, it's from a previous generation to the current Spitfire/109/Mig21, and if they ever did anything to it (which 1/32 is unlikely but who knows) it would need a full re-tool/re-design.

That said, they do re-tool good sellers when the tools are worn out, the 1/48 190 is being re-done this year.

Tamiya should be announcing a new tool 1/32 kit soon, so will have to wait an see what that is.

Respond to this message   
Darrell B
(Login begaultd)
HyperScale Forums

I'm keeping my credit card balances low, just in case.....nm

April 20 2017, 5:50 PM 

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Posting or replying to messages on Plane Talking requires visitors to register:

1. First you will need to register with Network 54, the Forum provider. Click here to register with Network 54. (If you already have a Network 54 Login you can go straight to the next step)
  2. Then, while signed in to Network 54, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

Please note the following conditions of posting:

All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments, racially or religiously offensive remarks, swearing (including the thin disguising of swear words with asterisks and other characters), insulting language and crude metaphors. Please do not use Plane Talking as a public platform to complain about retailers or manufacturers (about issues such as broken or missing parts) before you have followed all normal channels to resolve any greivance. Plane Talking is not the place to conduct personal feuds or for posting personal attacks. Please do not post in capital letters only, as this is considered to be shouting and therefore impolite. Also, please do not post in 'texting message' word format. Any posts breaching these guidelines will promptly be removed from the server and the offender may be excluded from further posting to the HyperScale Forums. Off-topic posts may also be removed from the server.

In addition, Plane Talking is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

Finally, please note that this Discussion Group is privately operated and that I reserve the right to delete any post or cancel any registration for any reason whatsoever.

free counters