<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Sandle Hobbies question

July 15 2017 at 11:00 AM
Aleksander  (Login AleksanderG)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 85.89.171.195

Is Sandle Hobbies still in business? I've ordered a resin part from them two weeks ago and got no feedback, just a note on their site: "received".
Shall I wait longer or resign?
TIA
Aleksander

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
David Nickels
(Login djnick66)
HyperScale Forums

Their poor to non existent service is a common question here

July 15 2017, 12:18 PM 

One of those buyer beware outfits. A search on this forum brings up several pages of complaints

Respond to this message   
Ed Russell
(Login erussell)
HyperScale Forums

How to buy from Sandle Hobbies

July 16 2017, 4:03 AM 

David is correct - there are many complaints here on HS.
The only method that can work in a reasonable time-frame is direct purchase. You need to go to the ACT Model Show in Canberra, where they always have a table. or find a proxy to do it for you. Even then, there's certainly no guarantee the item will be in stock. They also attend some NSW club meetings but I don't know which ones.
They are pleasant and funny people. And their business practice is truly awful.

This message has been edited by erussell from IP address 210.84.33.107 on Jul 16, 2017 4:06 AM

Respond to this message   

Bertie
(Login bertielissie)
HyperScale Forums

They sound like Queenslanders to me (ha,ha)! N/T

July 16 2017, 7:14 AM 

N/T

Respond to this message   
Mike Fuller
(Login mickoftwba)
HyperScale Forums

Unfortunately they are Cockroaches...

July 16 2017, 7:56 AM 

from New South Wales.

I tried to order from them about four years ago. Tried to order online, got a reply saying the order was received and several weeks later nothing was processed and repeatedly trying to send them emails proved fruitless and no service was ever delivered. So I sent them a registered letter to their postal address with a signed delivery confirmation service and a couple of weeks later I got the delivery confirmation back that was confirmed that they received the letter cancelling my order that I placed a couple of months prior.

Yes they once offered a mail order service that delivered stuff to me in the past, but the last time I tried to order, they would not reply to emails or process the order within any timeframe.

My best advice is to avoid do business with them !

This message has been edited by mickoftwba from IP address 210.4.227.229 on Jul 16, 2017 8:30 AM

Respond to this message   
Aleksander
(Login AleksanderG)
HyperScale Forums

Thank you!

July 16 2017, 8:04 AM 

Well, thank you very much for your quick answers - they are not these answers I was expecting happy.gif, though.

Since I live in Poland (Europe)and even go to Queensland this year (in September), I don't think I'll have any chance to meet these guys...

I understand I have lost my last chance to acquire Aiwaves Spitfire XVIII rudder (1/48)...

May be someone know a source of Airwaves resin correction sets and could help?
I was posting my request on Plane Trading but without any echoes.

Aleksander

Respond to this message   

Alfred
(Login Oz_Aerobat)
HyperScale Forums

Re: Thank you!

July 16 2017, 9:21 AM 

Aleksander,

You will have a much better chance of finding what you need somewhere other than Sandle Hobbies. I've had similar unsatisfactory experience as others report here and elsewhere some years ago and never bothered. Their website does not appear to accurately reflect the stocks they hold. I remember finding some 'rare' items I wanted on their website, but quickly discovered the items were rarer than 'hen's teeth'. Good luck in finding the item you are after.
Alfred

Respond to this message   
Aleksander
(Login AleksanderG)
HyperScale Forums

Thanks!

July 16 2017, 1:37 PM 

Thank you Alfred!
Actually, it was the only place I've found this item as "in stock" status. Other places report "out of stock" or even "out of production".

I see, I have to find other way - maybe scratchbuilding, but getting the good and useful plans in scale is nearly the same effort like making business with Sandle Hobbies, I'm afraid.

I'm going to look for it at ebay - maybe I'll have more luck!

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Posting or replying to messages on Plane Talking requires visitors to register:

1. First you will need to register with Network 54, the Forum provider. Click here to register with Network 54. (If you already have a Network 54 Login you can go straight to the next step)
  2. Then, while signed in to Network 54, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

Please note the following conditions of posting:

All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments, racially or religiously offensive remarks, swearing (including the thin disguising of swear words with asterisks and other characters), insulting language and crude metaphors. Please do not use Plane Talking as a public platform to complain about retailers or manufacturers (about issues such as broken or missing parts) before you have followed all normal channels to resolve any greivance. Plane Talking is not the place to conduct personal feuds or for posting personal attacks. Please do not post in capital letters only, as this is considered to be shouting and therefore impolite. Also, please do not post in 'texting message' word format. Any posts breaching these guidelines will promptly be removed from the server and the offender may be excluded from further posting to the HyperScale Forums. Off-topic posts may also be removed from the server.

In addition, Plane Talking is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

Finally, please note that this Discussion Group is privately operated and that I reserve the right to delete any post or cancel any registration for any reason whatsoever.

free counters