<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

I think we all have done but which was the worst?

August 13 2017 at 8:19 AM
Ron  (Login Fixair)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 143.159.106.212

I think we have all started a kit and later wished we had not but carried on to the bitter end so as not to be beaten.I started a Pavla Westland Whirlwind that quite easily was the worst fitting kit I ever encountered. Virtually every major part need major work. It flew back and fort twice from the UK and my Thailand homes before being completed. I think it did more air miles than all the originals put together. It is in my display cabinet and I still get a minor shiver when I look at it.

Ron

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Rick L.
(Login RickLinNebr)
HyperScale Forums

1/32 Matchbox SBD

August 13 2017, 9:27 AM 

I do not like this kit
I do not like this kit one bit
I do not care to even share
How much this kit just does not fit
Or what I think I will do with it

I nearly flung it down the hall
Or crashed it into the wall so tall
The parts of it would be like darts
Exploding, breaking, big and small
I do not like this kit at all

But here it sits upon my bench
Exuding all its toxic stench
Corrupting all the atmosphere
And killing all the mojo near
It has to go before I throw
The hateful thing into the abyss

Of course you know, I'll probably miss!

Rick L.

Respond to this message   
John Thompson
(Login JohnLThompson)
HyperScale Forums

Brilliant!!! (n/t)

August 13 2017, 9:57 AM 

Respond to this message   

Craig in Daytona
(Login craigindaytona)
HyperScale Forums

Now ya tell me...no wonder I got a "two-fer" deal on that one! n/m

August 13 2017, 12:25 PM 

/
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Larry G
(Login peebeewhy)
HyperScale Forums

You gonna love Kitty Hawk after tackling those...too funny..!!..nm

August 13 2017, 12:29 PM 

tyil

Respond to this message   

Max Bryant
(Login takenname1)
HyperScale Forums

Not at all Craig

August 13 2017, 4:57 PM 

Just a good deal on two kits. Up until now I never knew anything bad of that kit.
I, matter of fact, still have two in my stash for myself. Wasn't trying to unload two dogs on some sucker truly I wasn't
Max Bryant.

This message has been edited by takenname1 from IP address 107.77.89.60 on Aug 13, 2017 5:05 PM

Respond to this message   

Craig in Daytona
(Login craigindaytona)
HyperScale Forums

No worries, Max (I think I built it many moons ago)...nm

August 13 2017, 6:58 PM 

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Larry G
(Login peebeewhy)
HyperScale Forums

Not to mention the world's worst decals in that box......would not stick and no decal

August 13 2017, 12:35 PM 

solution made would make them work. The decals just laid there on the model. Didn't dare turn on the ceiling fan for fear the breeze would blow them off the model. Swear they were printed on cellophane. Canopy parts weighed at least a pound and somewhere there is a kit of something entirely different that the Dauntless parts will fit.................

Respond to this message   
Ron
(Login Fixair)
HyperScale Forums

That 'fits' exactly to how I felt about the Whirlwind.

August 15 2017, 2:49 AM 

Superb

Respond to this message   

Don McIntyre
(Login DDonSS3)
HyperScale Forums

Czech Models FR-1 Fireball

August 13 2017, 9:52 AM 

I won in the end, but I still feel the blood pressure rise just thinking about it:

FR-12_zpsa8e7a0cd

Don McIntyre
Clarksville, TN

"The more I deal with people, the more I like my dog."

Respond to this message   
Keith G.
(Login VT3VT6VT8)
HyperScale Forums

You know Don, It's people like you that make me feel good about selling this one!

August 13 2017, 10:56 AM 

Looked so good in the box but I just had a feeling that trouble lurked down the road.

Respond to this message   
David Sundstrom
(Login dvsun)
HyperScale Forums

How funny that the tail code is "BS"

August 13 2017, 12:58 PM 

Thanks for the warning!

Respond to this message   

DJ
(Login 38Chip)
HyperScale Forums

Red Hurricane Tu-14

August 13 2017, 10:35 AM 

Basically a stick of plastic with wings. Could have been nice...

Respond to this message   
David Nickels
(Login djnick66)
HyperScale Forums

Roden Heinkel 111

August 13 2017, 10:56 AM 

It's so bad its hard to even know where to start except that it seems like every individual piece was designed in a vacuum with no anticipation that it might have to fit somewhere with other pieces.

Respond to this message   
Larry Goodell
(Login peebeewhy)
HyperScale Forums

Oh crap...you too...?! I ended up just using it for testing paint combos....It is now

August 13 2017, 12:51 PM 

clogging the city dump................

Respond to this message   
Andrew Abshier
(Login DocAbshier)
HyperScale Forums

Lynn Ritger actually organized a Roden He-111 group build!

August 13 2017, 9:29 PM 

I tried, I really did, and I've fought difficult kits and won, but this one did me in!

Respond to this message   
Keith
(Login 1952bear)
HyperScale Forums

AModel's 1/72 DO X Dornier Flying Boat

August 13 2017, 2:47 PM 

AModel's 1/72 DO X I would say was the worst and cost the most. Made from hand layyed up fiberglass for the main wing and fuselage with injected plastic parts for the detail's-engines,stab and rudder. Cost $320.00 sold it for $100 to just get rid of it.

I have all of the AModel's 1/72 Monster kit's-but this one was the subject that I like the most,and what do they do-make a pile of crap!

Shape of fuselage was wrong along with the wing and tail surfaces. Tried to correct all the flaws,but then quite and put it away until a friend who loves flying boats asked me about the Revell kit of it. I then took out the kit again.

Then remembered how bad it was. Then I had to get this "pig" out of the house. So I listed it here and was able to sell it for just $100. Glade to see it fly away to Texas. Who said the pig's do not fly.

Other kit's that need to go on this list are:

ALL Pocher car kits-I have built all of the classic one's. All are terrible.
Linberg's 1/72 Japanese Sub with Katen's
Pyro Maine

Keith

Respond to this message   

Snake
(Login Snake45)
HyperScale Forums

I have two.

August 13 2017, 2:49 PM 

Revell 1/48 F-4E, and Fujimi 1/48-ish Hellcat.

Remember, to a real modeler, kit instructions are just somebody else's opinion.

Retro & Nostalgia Scale Modeling Forum: http://retroscalemodeling.lefora.com/

Steel cuts flesh. Steel cuts bone. Steel does not cut steel. --Stephen Hunter, The 47th Samurai.

We will march on a road of bones. --Hunter S. Thompson.

Sat Cong!

Respond to this message   
Bob O'Connor
(Login FAAFAN)
HyperScale Forums

Three Words: HobbyCraft Twin Mustang..

August 13 2017, 6:03 PM 

I actually finished it after 3 or more years. But it is a stone cold B!TCH.
Bob O'Connor

"Eternal Vigilance is the price of liberty"
Wendell Phillips

Respond to this message   

Lewin
(Select Login plasticutter)
HyperScale Forums

Re: Three words....

August 13 2017, 11:03 PM 

I second THAT!

Have one I started about two years ago on "the shelf that shall remain unmentioned", it just sucked the mojo out of me!

In the last four or five months I've gotten all the major parts assembled, and a primer coat of paint on it now.

Just need to get the mojo going on it again to correct discrepancies, final painting, assembly, and decals/markings.

"Interesting. You're afraid of women and insects. Lady bugs must make you catatonic!" Sheldon Cooper, "The Big Bang Theory"

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Posting or replying to messages on Plane Talking requires visitors to register:

1. First you will need to register with Network 54, the Forum provider. Click here to register with Network 54. (If you already have a Network 54 Login you can go straight to the next step)
  2. Then, while signed in to Network 54, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

Please note the following conditions of posting:

All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments, racially or religiously offensive remarks, swearing (including the thin disguising of swear words with asterisks and other characters), insulting language and crude metaphors. Please do not use Plane Talking as a public platform to complain about retailers or manufacturers (about issues such as broken or missing parts) before you have followed all normal channels to resolve any greivance. Plane Talking is not the place to conduct personal feuds or for posting personal attacks. Please do not post in capital letters only, as this is considered to be shouting and therefore impolite. Also, please do not post in 'texting message' word format. Any posts breaching these guidelines will promptly be removed from the server and the offender may be excluded from further posting to the HyperScale Forums. Off-topic posts may also be removed from the server.

In addition, Plane Talking is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

Finally, please note that this Discussion Group is privately operated and that I reserve the right to delete any post or cancel any registration for any reason whatsoever.

free counters