<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Free Photobucket fix that works for old posts in Firefox and Google Chrome...

August 29 2017 at 12:45 AM

Mark J Davies  (Login kiwikitbasher)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 121.99.176.180

Got this in an email from 72ndAircraft, it worked for all my old posts here and on Britmodeller:

Some direct links to get extensions for Firefox and Chrome browsers to delete the PB ransom demand and restore the original image:

Firefox extension https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-embedded-fix/?src=search

Chrome extensionhttps://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-embed-fix/naolkcpnnlofnnghnmfegnfnflicjjgj?hl=en

This is a painless exercise, it simply adds an extension to the browser and doesn't alter anything in your account or computer registry. Thanks to rubenandres77 on the RevellAtions forum for the heads up to this fix.

Now it may be a copy/paste to your addy bar if the links don't work direct.
Hope this helps.

[linked image]

This message has been edited by kiwikitbasher from IP address 121.99.176.180 on Aug 29, 2017 12:50 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Jim Pearsall
(Login N9JOY)
HyperScale Forums

This post proves the old adage...

August 29 2017, 1:38 AM 

None of us is as smart as all of us.

Marvelous add-ons. Now I can see my old posts on the 1/144 forum. I thought they were gone forever. And this brought them back.

Whoever uses this owes you a thanks.

Here's mine.
Thank you.
Thank you.
And oh, yes, in case I forgot
Thank you.

Jim
Not everything has changed - only the important stuff. - Charles Stross

Respond to this message   

Mark J Davies
(Login kiwikitbasher)
HyperScale Forums

Thanks, but don't thanks me, thank this guy...

August 29 2017, 1:52 AM 

Respond to this message   

Jimbo
(Login jimmbbo)
HyperScale Forums

Great gouge!! Thanks for posting! nt

August 29 2017, 2:34 AM 

After decades of study, it has become obvious that Murphy was an optimist...

Respond to this message   

bob in Maine
(Login gingerbob)
HyperScale Forums

Wunnerful!

August 29 2017, 5:47 AM 

I can't update my Firefox on the middle-aged laptop (until I update the OS!), but it worked like a charm on my desktop.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention,

bob
"Ignorance is bliss, but I find learning more interesting." - Me, as far as I know

Respond to this message   
Dan C.
(Login DPC54)
HyperScale Forums

Thanks a bunch - worked for me!

August 29 2017, 10:16 AM 

Respond to this message   

Brad
(Login MrNostalgia)
HyperScale Forums

Till PB's staff learn of it and shut down the hack n/t

August 29 2017, 4:07 PM 

The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen.

Respond to this message   
Tracy White
(Login TracyWhite)
HyperScale Forums

Second this - it's only temporary - grab pics while you can

August 30 2017, 2:30 PM 

As soon as they figure this out plan on it being dead.
Then an update to the extensions
Then those will be dead.
Wash, rinse, repeat. PB is still dead, harvest the photos while you can.

Respond to this message   

Brad
(Login MrNostalgia)
HyperScale Forums

PB's change doesn't mean we can't access our photos...

August 30 2017, 5:18 PM 

...it only means that they will no longer provide the images in response to the links embedded in posts around the Web. We can still access our accounts and retrieve the actual files.

I'm leaving my files there, but I'm downloading copies of them (as necessary, if I don't have local copies) and moving to Postimage.org. Postimage is free, as of now, at least, but it's a pretty bare-bones site, with a limited set of features.
The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen.

Respond to this message   

Fab
(Login Naples57)
HyperScale Forums

Thanks a lot for the advice!

August 30 2017, 8:49 AM 

Ciao
Fabrizio

Respond to this message   

Bryan Ribbans
(Login bryanribbans)
HyperScale Forums

Works a treat for me too..!

August 31 2017, 2:53 AM 

Grateful thanks, Mark.
Best Regards,

Bryan Ribbans

Webmaster & Owner of:

SEAWINGS.co.uk - the largest Flying Boat Reference website in the World and home of the exclusive Flying Boat Shop and the Flying Boat Forum.

"I put the sweat of my life into this project, and if it's a failure, I'll leave the country and never come back" - Howard Hughes : 1946.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Posting or replying to messages on Plane Talking requires visitors to register:

1. First you will need to register with Network 54, the Forum provider. Click here to register with Network 54. (If you already have a Network 54 Login you can go straight to the next step)
  2. Then, while signed in to Network 54, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

Please note the following conditions of posting:

All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments, racially or religiously offensive remarks, swearing (including the thin disguising of swear words with asterisks and other characters), insulting language and crude metaphors. Please do not use Plane Talking as a public platform to complain about retailers or manufacturers (about issues such as broken or missing parts) before you have followed all normal channels to resolve any greivance. Plane Talking is not the place to conduct personal feuds or for posting personal attacks. Please do not post in capital letters only, as this is considered to be shouting and therefore impolite. Also, please do not post in 'texting message' word format. Any posts breaching these guidelines will promptly be removed from the server and the offender may be excluded from further posting to the HyperScale Forums. Off-topic posts may also be removed from the server.

In addition, Plane Talking is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

Finally, please note that this Discussion Group is privately operated and that I reserve the right to delete any post or cancel any registration for any reason whatsoever.

free counters