<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Bf109G wing camouflage masks 1/32

November 14 2017 at 6:45 PM
bernard payne  (Login bernie.payne5)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 124.149.62.158

I'm looking for masks to replicate the Erla wavy wing pattern. I saw them advertised somewhere but failed to note the manufacturer and now of course I can't find them.Anyone have any info on them? TIA.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
G.R.Morrison
(Login G.R.Morrison)
HyperScale Forums

Here's one.

November 14 2017, 9:16 PM 

Respond to this message   
bernard payne
(Login bernie.payne5)
HyperScale Forums

Re: Here's one.

November 15 2017, 12:26 AM 

Thanks very much for that. Regards.

Respond to this message   
Burkhard
(Login Operationmerkur)
HyperScale Forums

Masks for Bf 109

November 15 2017, 2:39 AM 

Respond to this message   
G.R.Morrison
(Login G.R.Morrison)
HyperScale Forums

I wonder if "Topnotch" gives credit to Anders Hjortsberg ANYWHERE?

November 15 2017, 10:19 AM 

I looked, but didn't find Anders Hjortsberg mentioned as the source for the 'Topnotch' color plan. He produced these back in Oct. 2013. Shame on them if they did not!

By the way, at least some of these Erla machines (the 'lots of spots' fuselage camo with 'sawtooth' wing camo) used RLM 79 as one of the colors of those fuselage spots. This was confirmed recently (2014 -- for a historian that's recent-enough) in Barbas' Barkhorn bio, _Das vergessene As_, which included well-preserved original color photos.

GRM

Respond to this message   

Mike Maben
(Login mmaben1)
HyperScale Forums

Interesting ...

November 15 2017, 5:15 PM 

...George, do you know the time frame for that oddity ?

TIA

I just like airplanes.

Respond to this message   
G.R.Morrison
(Login G.R.Morrison)
HyperScale Forums

pp100-101 captions

November 15 2017, 8:15 PM 

There are photos of "weiße 10" of the 1./JG 52 being serviced at Kharkov-Rogan, summer 1943, "... a fuselage finish consisting of RLM 74/75/76 oversprayed with blotches of RLM 70/74/79. The RLM 79 spots did not become clearly apparent until the original slide was scanned for use in this book. The photos on this double page have appeared in many other publications with the colors completely distorted or reproduced as is, because the original slides could not be used. As a result, in the past the color scheme was often interpreted incorrectly."

(The crispness of these 'new' copies is remarkable.) The color slides, and stills from mopic film, pp96-109 were taken by Dr. Schürer, medical officer of the I/JG 52.

GRM

Respond to this message   

Mike Maben
(Login mmaben1)
HyperScale Forums

Thanks again ____________________(nt)

November 15 2017, 9:22 PM 

I just like airplanes.

Respond to this message   
G.R.Morrison
(Login G.R.Morrison)
HyperScale Forums

You're welcome, of course. Happy to help when I can. n/t

November 15 2017, 10:34 PM 

Respond to this message   
Burkhard
(Login Operationmerkur)
HyperScale Forums

More mysteries on Bf 109 camouflage on the eastern front

November 16 2017, 1:04 PM 

The German author Michael Ullmann published this some years ago on Hyperscale:http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/jg54colorsmu_1.htm

Respond to this message   

David E. Brown
(Login DavidEBrown)
HyperScale Forums

Other examples

November 15 2017, 9:44 PM 

Hi George,

Thanks for shining a light on Anders’ outstanding and unfortunately unacknowledged research. Hard not to miss his copyright statement…

Mike, Mtt. Regensburg Bf 109 G-6/trop machines from the 18xxx Werknummer Block built between April and July 1943 also used RLM 79 in place of RLM 75 for the fuselage mottle. I described this colour's use on a machine that crash-landed on Malta way back in 2010:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=30052&hl= (p. 4).

Cheers,

David

This message has been edited by DavidEBrown from IP address 47.55.112.242 on Nov 15, 2017 10:35 PM

Respond to this message   

Mike Maben
(Login mmaben1)
HyperScale Forums

Thanks men ________________________(nt)

November 16 2017, 5:16 PM 

I just like airplanes.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Posting or replying to messages on Plane Talking requires visitors to register:

1. First you will need to register with Network 54, the Forum provider. Click here to register with Network 54. (If you already have a Network 54 Login you can go straight to the next step)
  2. Then, while signed in to Network 54, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

Please note the following conditions of posting:

All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments, racially or religiously offensive remarks, swearing (including the thin disguising of swear words with asterisks and other characters), insulting language and crude metaphors. Please do not use Plane Talking as a public platform to complain about retailers or manufacturers (about issues such as broken or missing parts) before you have followed all normal channels to resolve any greivance. Plane Talking is not the place to conduct personal feuds or for posting personal attacks. Please do not post in capital letters only, as this is considered to be shouting and therefore impolite. Also, please do not post in 'texting message' word format. Any posts breaching these guidelines will promptly be removed from the server and the offender may be excluded from further posting to the HyperScale Forums. Off-topic posts may also be removed from the server.

In addition, Plane Talking is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

Finally, please note that this Discussion Group is privately operated and that I reserve the right to delete any post or cancel any registration for any reason whatsoever.

free counters