from IP address 23.116.165.29

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Junkman3353
(Login junkman3353)
HyperScale Forums

Striking while the iron is hot?

February 13 2018, 1:01 AM 

Not a bad price if you're in a hurry. I can wait for the kit.
Tank: So what do you need? Besides a miracle.
Neo: Guns. Lots of guns.

Respond to this message   

Lynn
(Login lmritger)
HyperScale Forums

Shrewd business move... someone has a good idea how Revell works. :)

February 13 2018, 6:02 AM 

It will be a while before the next variant shows up, so this person stands to pull in a fair amount of money, and if the price I saw is accurate (around 20.00 for the whole set), that seems like a pretty good deal.

Lynn
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Respond to this message   

Kevin Martin
(Login hofnerbassman)
HyperScale Forums

$11 to be exact

February 13 2018, 12:52 PM 

$20 was a first thought before I cast my first copy. Ebay even told me $15 to $23. Knowing how buyers spend, I felt pricing it at $11.00 was a good, happy medium.I'm happy, the buyers are happy. It's better to sell ten units at $11, then no unis at $20. Plus I wanted to keep the price as far away from the MSRP of the kit.

27657906_1573823126034150_7912572016916478397_n_2

This message has been edited by hofnerbassman from IP address 73.44.157.140 on Feb 13, 2018 2:05 PM

Respond to this message   

Lynn, applauding your effort
(Login lmritger)
HyperScale Forums

Well, I think it's a VERY smart idea... but will you be able to turn a profit at $11?

February 13 2018, 2:15 PM 

I know, none of my beeswax, etc, but I honestly don't know how expensive resin is, and considering you're first out the gate with this, you deserve to be fairly compensated for your efforts and investment. I like what I see, and am tempted to get a second kit just to use this.

Side note: can you use the kit rudder and horizontal stabs, if so inclined? And is the tail section hollow cast in halves, or is it one big chunk?

Well done, way to strike while the iron is hot! happy.gif

Lynn
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Respond to this message   

Kevin Martin
(Login hofnerbassman)
HyperScale Forums

Thanks Lynn!

February 13 2018, 2:37 PM 

Let me answer your questions one at a time.
It is a solid tail.
I am making good money. I am blessed to have a resin casters dream of a supplier that caters to us within an easy 40 minute drive of me. I for the first time had to by a bulk quantity of resin yesterday and break away from the "samplers" bottles. I save even more money on expenses. Marketing? Zilch.....
If demand continues to grow, I will have to adjust the price up to control it better. But really don't want to do that.
This tail was not mastered using the Revell unit. So the horizontal stabs are keyed different and unique to this set. Same with the rudder. I'm sure the kit rudder can be used. There is enough of a recess to fit it in. The elevators are the kit ones that have had the ribbed details shaved off.
Buying this set is easy. You can buy them off Ebay. Search seller "109ace" ( check out my other very popular set for the Monogram P-61 Black Widow. It improves the kit vastly.
Or you can buy direct from me. The set is $11 each, shipping in USA is a flat $3.00 and good for at least three sets. After that, don't worry about. I'll get it for the customer.
International buyers are welcome but need to ask for a price quote before ordering. I do ship to places Ebay wont allow. I'm shipping sets to Canada for $10. UK for $13.
Paypal "goods and services" to Kmartin512@sbcglobal.net

Respond to this message   

Kevin Martin
(Login hofnerbassman)
HyperScale Forums

N?M

February 13 2018, 2:41 PM 

look up.

This message has been edited by hofnerbassman from IP address 73.44.157.140 on Feb 13, 2018 2:52 PM

Respond to this message   

Max Bryant
(Login takenname1)
HyperScale Forums

That guy is Kevin Martin

February 13 2018, 10:29 AM 

I saw he posted a pic of his completed Mustang yesterday in plastic pix.
I stumbled upon them a day or two ago while I was searching eBay for a decently priced kit.

Max Bryant

Respond to this message   

Kevin Martin
(Login hofnerbassman)
HyperScale Forums

Thanks for ratting me out Max!

February 13 2018, 1:12 PM 

hugs.....and a big wink!

This message has been edited by hofnerbassman from IP address 73.44.157.140 on Feb 13, 2018 1:14 PM

Respond to this message   

Max Bryant
(Login takenname1)
HyperScale Forums

Smooches to you

February 13 2018, 2:02 PM 

I hope they sell well for you.

Take Care
Max

Respond to this message   
Bill
(Login Nav1Bill)
HyperScale Forums

Nice job, but a waste of time, etc.

February 13 2018, 11:45 AM 

Revell will probably release the fillet-tail version next year.
Why endure the effort to work the resin-plastic interface, clean-up, and prep?
Do you not have enough kits in the stash to keep you busy until next year?

Why is it many modelers are not satisfied with the version of an aircraft covered in the original kit?
- Especially when the company has a history of releasing new versions in short order.
- Especially when the actual kit is molded showing what parts will probably be updated/changed.

"Waaaaah! I don't want a D-5, I want a D-15. No, I want a B. No, I want a -C..." and on and on.

Respond to this message   

Kevin Martin
(Login hofnerbassman)
HyperScale Forums

Many modeler do not share your opinion.

February 13 2018, 1:02 PM 

My Paypal account is laughing......In this sets first two days of sale, I have sold over 30 units. I didn't set out to do this to beat Revell to the punch in releasing a filleted tailed D model. It is because Revell will be releasing a late D that I make this set. I figure there will be thousands of these Early Ds released, and that is the target market I seek. It was an idea last week when being disappointed by the decal schemes provided in the kit, and finding not much interesting for the early versions, that I decided to master a new filleted tail. Fact of the matter is, this resin tail fits better then the kit tail.I'm building the kit and know many of it's shortcomings. Tonight I will be casting flaps to replace the defective ones in the kit. I'm humping making additional molds to keep up with orders.

This message has been edited by hofnerbassman from IP address 73.44.157.140 on Feb 13, 2018 1:09 PM

Respond to this message   

Brad
(Login MrNostalgia)
HyperScale Forums

+1 n/t

February 13 2018, 1:33 PM 

The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen.

Respond to this message   
Tom Booth
(Login bookmark460)
HyperScale Forums

Yeah, he saw a 'hole' and decided to fill it. AND at a VERY reasonable price!! Good ....

February 13 2018, 4:26 PM 

for you KM.

BTW, re the good casting supplies source. In the SF Bay Area? Talking about D&S?? Bought resin casting stuff (resin, RTV, mold releases, epoxy, glassfiber, etc, etc) from them for MANY yrs.

Respond to this message   

Brad
(Login MrNostalgia)
HyperScale Forums

To each, his own

February 13 2018, 1:37 PM 

I wouldn't buy the piece, myself, because I really don't care as much as many guys about a detail like that. But I congratulate Kevin on his entrepreneurial spirit. If some guys want to do something about that detail, then he answers a need. And they're welcome to buy it.
The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen.

Respond to this message   
Tim Keily
(Login waxdart)
HyperScale Forums

Not a waste. Bird in the hand, cancer in the throat. Could be gone next year.

February 13 2018, 2:24 PM 

I got mine to keep my kit from being a nose sitter. That's a joke son. I must say I ordered mine and within an hour I got notified that it had been marked shipped. Someone is on the job in between all the smooching and winking. Good job Kevin, Tim

Respond to this message   

Kevin Martin
(Login hofnerbassman)
HyperScale Forums

Thanks Tim!

February 13 2018, 2:47 PM 

Hugs and kisses to you too! I have a few electronic devices going all the time and if I get a sale, an email, a personal message,or a payment, i get all kinds of bells and beeps going at once.Unless I'm in bed, I'm nearby.
The shipping notice is in fact a shipping label has been created by me that I then use as a shop order to keep track of what I have to make as I do have numerous resin sets for sale. I do try to have orders out the door the following day of the creation of the shipping tag.

Respond to this message   
CraigQ
(Login CraigQ)
HyperScale Forums

FWIW, the tooling for the dorsal fin tail....

February 13 2018, 4:14 PM 

is already done.

[img][linked image][/img]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passion makes no compensation for ignorance - Samuel Chadwick

I'm not saying you're stupid, just that you have bad luck with thinking.

Respond to this message   

Lynn, digging it
(Login lmritger)
HyperScale Forums

OoooOOOooh... even has predrilled holes for the RWR antenna! :) nt

February 13 2018, 4:17 PM 

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Respond to this message   
Bill
(Login Nav1Bill)
HyperScale Forums

Craig, Thanks for proving my point. Just wait for the release.

February 13 2018, 4:34 PM 

Kevin, you do great work and many "can't wait" modelers will buy your set, but the sprue shot makes my point.
Modelers are sometimes rather stupid when it comes to spending hobby dollars on things that are not necessary, except in the "I'm first" category.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Posting or replying to messages on Plane Talking requires visitors to register:

1. First you will need to register with Network 54, the Forum provider. Click here to register with Network 54. (If you already have a Network 54 Login you can go straight to the next step)
  2. Then, while signed in to Network 54, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

Please note the following conditions of posting:

All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments, racially or religiously offensive remarks, swearing (including the thin disguising of swear words with asterisks and other characters), insulting language and crude metaphors. Please do not use Plane Talking as a public platform to complain about retailers or manufacturers (about issues such as broken or missing parts) before you have followed all normal channels to resolve any greivance. Plane Talking is not the place to conduct personal feuds or for posting personal attacks. Please do not post in capital letters only, as this is considered to be shouting and therefore impolite. Also, please do not post in 'texting message' word format. Any posts breaching these guidelines will promptly be removed from the server and the offender may be excluded from further posting to the HyperScale Forums. Off-topic posts may also be removed from the server.

In addition, Plane Talking is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

Finally, please note that this Discussion Group is privately operated and that I reserve the right to delete any post or cancel any registration for any reason whatsoever.

free counters