<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

What to do about painted that I spilled on my carpet.

March 12 2018 at 3:10 PM
(Login SpitfireNut22)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address

I dropped some paint (tamiya acrylic black color) on my carpet (beige color). I tried to clean it up with some tamiya thinners. It got some of the paint out...but there still is some in the carpet.

Anyone know what to do in this situation?

Respond to this message   
David Nickels
(Login djnick66)
HyperScale Forums

buy a throw rug

March 12 2018, 3:12 PM 

Sorry had to say that...

You might try Windex. I've never had great luck getting paint all the way out of fabric. Once it gets in the fibers it doesnt come out. Ask my mom from when I was a kid...

Respond to this message   
Ed Grune
(Login EdGrune)
HyperScale Forums

flowers for the missus

March 12 2018, 3:12 PM 

Not much else to do

Respond to this message   
Steven "Modeldad" Eisenman
(Login samodeldad)
HyperScale Forums

Large quantities of Goof Off! Link!

March 12 2018, 3:26 PM 

This message has been edited by samodeldad from IP address on Mar 12, 2018 3:27 PM

Respond to this message   
David Fifer
(Login edfifer)
HyperScale Forums

Actually, small quantities of Goof Off

March 12 2018, 4:29 PM 

I've had good success with Goof Off and agree with Steven it's worth a try. However, massive quantities can do bad things to the carpet pad underneath. Start with small quantities and blot with a clean rag. Be careful with the accumulation of Goof-Off soaked rags. The fumes are nasty and they will be fire hazard. You can find Good Off at Home Depot among other places. Good luck!

Respond to this message   

Max Bryant
(Login takenname1)
HyperScale Forums

In my experience nothing you can do to get it out and have the area you cleaned match

March 12 2018, 6:09 PM 

The area you clean no matter what, will never match the surrounding area ever again. however one time I did this. what I did was I went and took some acrylic paint mixed to best match the surrounding area the same color as the rest of the carpet to camouflage it. the only suggestion I can offer is as stated above, get a throw rug
Good Luck

Max Bryant

This message has been edited by takenname1 from IP address on Mar 12, 2018 6:10 PM

Respond to this message   
Dale Bohling
(Login DaleBohling)
HyperScale Forums

Mr. Color Thinner

March 12 2018, 7:06 PM 

Won't even hurt the carpet and will remove the paint.

Respond to this message   
Dave Cantrell
(Login dgcantrell)
HyperScale Forums

Never use thinner..

March 12 2018, 7:23 PM 

it just thins the paint and penetrates deeper into the material. Simple Green sprayed onto the spots generously (if you have hardwood floors underneath the carpet, don't use so much that it soaks through) and then cover with a HOT wet washcloth or rag. Cover everything with a plastic bag and let it soak an hour or so. Simple Green (or even Super Clean, it's a concentrated Formula 409) will help soften the paint to where it will let go of the material.

Respond to this message   
Mike Morrison
(Login MikeMorrison)
HyperScale Forums

I did that once with a bottle of Floquil Flat Black, on a new

March 12 2018, 7:46 PM 

light burnt orange carpet (it was the '70's, - don't ask). I used Floquil thinner on it real heavily, like most of a can. Then I immediatly rented a carpet cleaner, and went over it about 3 times. Amazingly, I got it all out. Good thing I was a newlywed, ohterwise I'd be pushing up daisys.
Give it a try; can't make it worse.
Mike M.

Respond to this message   
George Oh
(Login George_Oh)
HyperScale Forums

Easy -

March 13 2018, 3:26 AM 

buy more paint and change the colour of the carpet.
George, out............

Respond to this message   

Don Fogal
(Login shogun66)
HyperScale Forums

Three step process...

March 13 2018, 11:08 AM 

Step one: Cuss quietly, attempt futile clean up.

Step two: Realize the futility of your efforts. Cuss a little louder at conclusion of step two.

Step three: Remove futilely cleaned, ruined carpet before significant other finds offending stain. Tell her you were planning on doing a beautiful hardwood floor in that room just for her.

See, easy 3 step process! wink.gif

(Your results may vary)
[linked image]
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.”
- Ronald Reagan

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army.
On the seventh day while God rested, we overran his perimeter, stole the globe, and we’ve been running the whole show ever since.

Semper Fi, Don

Luke: 22:36

Respond to this message   
Scott Smith
(Login ScottsGT)
HyperScale Forums

Ammonia and water and a shop vac

March 13 2018, 11:23 AM 

Mix up some ammonia and hot water. Soak it good and suck up with a shop vac.

Respond to this message   
Jim Mc
(Login Obadiah)
HyperScale Forums

if you have a cat....blame the cat...if not.....

March 13 2018, 4:00 PM 

get one fast!
No Chief Wahoo? No more baseball!

Respond to this message   
Paul Dunham
(Login apauling)
HyperScale Forums

if you still have the stain try patching...

March 13 2018, 5:09 PM 

if you have remnants left from the installation you can use that or you can cut a piece from inside a closet. Lots of youtube videos about patching carpet--not that hard.

Respond to this message   
Chris Clee
(Login 109-boy)
HyperScale Forums

Check that your passport is valid

March 13 2018, 5:37 PM 

And book an Air-BnB in Peru until it all blows over.

Good luck happy.gif

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Posting or replying to messages on Plane Talking requires visitors to register:

1. First you will need to register with Network 54, the Forum provider. Click here to register with Network 54. (If you already have a Network 54 Login you can go straight to the next step)
  2. Then, while signed in to Network 54, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

Please note the following conditions of posting:

All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments, racially or religiously offensive remarks, swearing (including the thin disguising of swear words with asterisks and other characters), insulting language and crude metaphors. Please do not use Plane Talking as a public platform to complain about retailers or manufacturers (about issues such as broken or missing parts) before you have followed all normal channels to resolve any greivance. Plane Talking is not the place to conduct personal feuds or for posting personal attacks. Please do not post in capital letters only, as this is considered to be shouting and therefore impolite. Also, please do not post in 'texting message' word format. Any posts breaching these guidelines will promptly be removed from the server and the offender may be excluded from further posting to the HyperScale Forums. Off-topic posts may also be removed from the server.

In addition, Plane Talking is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

Finally, please note that this Discussion Group is privately operated and that I reserve the right to delete any post or cancel any registration for any reason whatsoever.

free counters