<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Colpar Hobbies - Denver

March 14 2018 at 3:05 AM
Mark Copeland  (Login moke388)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address

I am traveling to Denver for a quick trip and I was curious to know which location is better for a selection of
plastic models and accessories?

Which location is a better? The Aurora Store - Colpar East or the Lakewood Store - Colpar West?

I wanted to save time and hit the best one? Can anyone give a recommendation? Thank you very much!!

Mark Copeland
Lakeville, Minnesota

Respond to this message   
Dennis S.
(Login Dennis7423)
HyperScale Forums

Definitely Aurora!

March 14 2018, 5:37 AM 

Their Aurora store is very plastic model focused, while the Lakewood store is more gaming. I think you'll find the selection at Aurora quite good!

- Dennis S.
Thornton, CO USA

Respond to this message   
Mark Copeland
(Login moke388)
HyperScale Forums

Re: Definitely Aurora!

March 14 2018, 7:01 AM 

Thank you Dennis!! That helps a bunch. Looking forward to it!!!

This message has been edited by moke388 from IP address on Mar 14, 2018 7:09 AM

Respond to this message   

Brent - Roll Models' Emissary
(Login CBRent)
HyperScale Forums

C'Mon Mark - No Small Gustos for You

March 14 2018, 12:53 PM 

Respond to this message   

Corey in Colorado
(Login cransom)
HyperScale Forums

Colpar East is the place to go for plastic models!

March 14 2018, 1:13 PM 

Also check out Aberdeen Books http://www.aberdeenbookstore.com for military history books and modeling reference material. Be sure to call before going, his hours are kinda weird.

Respond to this message   

Terry Burns
(Login gbooth95)
HyperScale Forums

Definitely agree re Colpar East. Thanks for mentioning Aberdeen Bookstore!

March 14 2018, 5:44 PM 

I'm glad you mentioned the Aberdeen Bookstore on S. Federal Boulevard. You're right, the hours are a bit unusual during the week(10 or 11 am to 3pm Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays. Closed Wednesday and Thursday), but it's reliably open from 11am to 4pm on Saturdays, whcih is always a good time to swing by for a visit.

Thanks for the mention, Corey!

Respond to this message   
neil wexler
(Login planemodeler)
HyperScale Forums

Two must see museums if you are able -

March 14 2018, 4:59 PM 

Wings over the Rockies is great, had a B-18 there when I went last year.
The Forney Museum of Transportation is a must if you like automotive.

Respond to this message   
Mark Copeland
(Login moke388)
HyperScale Forums

Thank you very much for the suggestion!!

March 15 2018, 1:14 AM 

Thanks for the tip Neil!! Awesome....I love B-18 Bolos!!

Mark Copeland

This message has been edited by moke388 from IP address on Mar 15, 2018 1:15 AM

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Posting or replying to messages on Plane Talking requires visitors to register:

1. First you will need to register with Network 54, the Forum provider. Click here to register with Network 54. (If you already have a Network 54 Login you can go straight to the next step)
  2. Then, while signed in to Network 54, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

Please note the following conditions of posting:

All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments, racially or religiously offensive remarks, swearing (including the thin disguising of swear words with asterisks and other characters), insulting language and crude metaphors. Please do not use Plane Talking as a public platform to complain about retailers or manufacturers (about issues such as broken or missing parts) before you have followed all normal channels to resolve any greivance. Plane Talking is not the place to conduct personal feuds or for posting personal attacks. Please do not post in capital letters only, as this is considered to be shouting and therefore impolite. Also, please do not post in 'texting message' word format. Any posts breaching these guidelines will promptly be removed from the server and the offender may be excluded from further posting to the HyperScale Forums. Off-topic posts may also be removed from the server.

In addition, Plane Talking is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

Finally, please note that this Discussion Group is privately operated and that I reserve the right to delete any post or cancel any registration for any reason whatsoever.

free counters