<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Lone Star Models is moving!

April 16 2018 at 3:45 PM
mike west  (Login ResinPrince)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 98.196.41.190

This Summer LSM will be departing the big city for a place in the country. New shop and more new products including a resurrection of the 1/48 Martin B-10 and 1/48 export model as used by the Dutch.

Mike

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
John Krukowski
(Login stilltubeglue)
HyperScale Forums

Congrats! n't

April 16 2018, 3:48 PM 

Respond to this message   

DJ
(Login 38Chip)
HyperScale Forums

Dutch B-10: is that a new kit?

April 16 2018, 3:53 PM 

Thanks I will preorder.

Respond to this message   

Scott Copeland
(Login SCopeland)
HyperScale Forums

Where are you moving to, Mike?

April 16 2018, 4:03 PM 

Respond to this message   
mike west
(Login ResinPrince)
HyperScale Forums

Closer to Dallas

April 16 2018, 4:11 PM 

exact location yet to be determined, still looking. Found one that sounds perfect on 2 1/2 acres with detached 2 car garage and workshop. Taking a look at it on Friday I passed up one last year because I was not ready to make the move. It had a 400 square foot sized house and a 1200 square foot garage/workshop! Also on 5 acres.

Respond to this message   
Norm Filer
(Login NormFiler)
HyperScale Forums

Great news Mike!!

April 16 2018, 7:24 PM 

You told me about this some time back.
Really happy to hear you are able to move forward with this. If your shop and hobby stuff is anything like mine the moving process will not be much fun. But the good news is you will still be a Texan!!
I spent three years in the Dallas area and a little part of me is still Texan.
Norm

Respond to this message   

Michael McMurtrey, Proud IPMS Low-# Thumper
(Login ZergOvermind)
HyperScale Forums

Be sure to let those of us living in the DFW area …

April 16 2018, 8:07 PM 

… know about the housewarming party! happy.gif
Michael McMurtrey
IPMS-USA #1746
IPMS-Canada #1426
Carrollton, TX

If ignorance is bliss, there's a lot of blissful people out there!

Respond to this message   
mike west
(Login ResinPrince)
HyperScale Forums

As it turns out almost a new kit!

April 16 2018, 4:07 PM 

The wings ,cowlings ,nose, canopy ,and belly forward of the bomb bay are all different from the B-10 The long green house version has many markings choices. The Dutch used them and some were captured by the Japanese who in turn gave some to Thailand so markings will include:
Dutch AF, Japan, Thailand, Turkey, and (USAAF, one overall silver used in Australia) Argentina may have also had one or two so that might be a possibility as well.

I am not going to take presale orders, sorry. Just causes too much trouble

Mike

This message has been edited by ResinPrince from IP address 98.196.41.190 on Apr 16, 2018 4:11 PM

Respond to this message   

Jim Maas WKBS
(Login jimmaas)
HyperScale Forums

138WH-3 not for Argentina or Turkey

April 16 2018, 4:17 PM 

Those two orders had different engine cowlings like the Dutch orders but not the single long canopy or bigger forward fuselage or redesigned wing.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Posting or replying to messages on Plane Talking requires visitors to register:

1. First you will need to register with Network 54, the Forum provider. Click here to register with Network 54. (If you already have a Network 54 Login you can go straight to the next step)
  2. Then, while signed in to Network 54, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

Please note the following conditions of posting:

All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments, racially or religiously offensive remarks, swearing (including the thin disguising of swear words with asterisks and other characters), insulting language and crude metaphors. Please do not use Plane Talking as a public platform to complain about retailers or manufacturers (about issues such as broken or missing parts) before you have followed all normal channels to resolve any greivance. Plane Talking is not the place to conduct personal feuds or for posting personal attacks. Please do not post in capital letters only, as this is considered to be shouting and therefore impolite. Also, please do not post in 'texting message' word format. Any posts breaching these guidelines will promptly be removed from the server and the offender may be excluded from further posting to the HyperScale Forums. Off-topic posts may also be removed from the server.

In addition, Plane Talking is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

Finally, please note that this Discussion Group is privately operated and that I reserve the right to delete any post or cancel any registration for any reason whatsoever.

free counters