<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

244 Court Lane

September 5 2002 at 10:34 PM
No score for this post
Junore  (Login Junore)

Can anybody help? There used to be a sacking factory at 244 Court Lane, but that was 50 years ago. What was it called? What is there now?
Thanx for any help.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
gobrien
(Login gobrien)
Owner

244 Court Lane

No score for this post
September 9 2002, 3:46 PM 

I decided to test the theory as to how many drunks we have staggering about on Saturday nights around midnight (lots) so ventured up there.

Two very grand houses there now, 244 is adjoined to 246 (between Jerrys Lane and Witton Lodge Rd, on the same side of Court Lane as those two roads). Not matching the style of housing on either side.

In fact the block may have just been converted into two houses. The 1948 pic on the site seems to show those two houses as they still are though (have chimneys etc).

Kev
(no login)

244 Court Lane

No score for this post
January 29 2008, 6:33 PM 

I am sure this was a house my schoolmate lived in during the 70's

kev
(no login)

name

No score for this post
February 19 2009, 1:32 AM 

Hampson

Kelly Lookup
(no login)

244 Court Lane

No score for this post
March 9 2008, 1:26 AM 

In Kellys Directory of 1956 and 1960 the Name ASHRAM is listed at 244 Court Lane

Junore
(no login)

244 Court Lane

No score for this post
March 16 2008, 3:46 PM 

Thank you for the help. I think perhaps the name was Askam.
Best wishes,
Junore

Wilfred
(no login)

244 Court Lane

No score for this post
June 3 2008, 11:39 AM 

Although I can't rememember the house number, there was certainly an Askam (Askham??) family in that row of houses in the 1930s and 1940s. I knew John and his younger brother Stanley Askam. John was in the RAF and Stan in the Navy during WWII. Nearby were the Muddiman family, Denis and Peter were at Central Grammar School with us. Dennis was sadly killed during the war.
Wilfred

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement