BRISBANE WANTOKZ KONA

Brisbane Wantoks Kona This is a notice board and on-line meeting place for Papua New Guineans and friends of Papua New Guinea living in the city of Brisbane and surrounding areas in the South-Eastern region of the State of Queensland in Australia.

Post a message, tell a joke, make an announcement or just tell people you are around, this board is for you and is whatever you make it.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Board  

Miss Melanesia Ball 2012?

June 20 2012 at 6:25 PM
Interested 

What happened to the Miss Melanesia Ball?
Is there going to be one this year?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous

Re: Miss Melanesia Ball 2012?

June 22 2012, 5:34 PM 

No. I heard it was set aside for 2012. Maybe 2013.
Good event.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

July 8 2012, 11:04 AM 

yeah good money making event for the organisers, em tasol

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

July 13 2012, 8:51 PM 

"Em tasol" - you put that bottom line for this activity short and sweet.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

August 6 2012, 9:28 PM 

Money making event? Nothing will pay for itself guys and girls.
This is the land of opportunity, so what if money is made, go make your own money stop hating.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

August 16 2012, 3:18 PM 

"so what if money is made"?

Yeah I'm all for making money but when it is promoted as a community event, specifically supporting Melanesian culture, the profit should be given to a charity or fund to help develop our culture or development back home. Last year the money was divided between a couple of organisers, the tickets were a hundred something a ticket, it doesn't take much to do the maths for over 300 people attending.. We as Papua New Guinean's should stop accepting everything and start to ask questions, it is the only way we as a people will move forward. Different people have different motives, and most people only see the one side to everything..

Respond to this message   
Melanesian

SAD

August 21 2012, 11:05 AM 

If you want to help your country, go right ahead. No one is stopping you.
Running an event is an expansive process so before you make "ASSUMPTIONS",get some solid facts and don't jump to CONCLUSIONS. Its funny how you want to complain about a small event in Brisbane when your country is being RAPED by conglomerates back home.

Go do your bit for your community instead of complaining about something that has done nothing wrong, the purpose was to promote culture and it did just that. I don't see any other event of this kind in Australia and I probably wont coz nobody cares enough to do something constructive instead they sit behind computer screens and make assumptions and throw judgement at people who would.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: SAD

August 24 2012, 8:42 PM 

haha mate got the budget right here.. yu tingim yu smart ah? yu save lo mi? did u attend last year's event? funny cause I kno ur not from PNG..

you got your head so far up your ***, you can't even see what is glaringly obvious right infront of you. maybe you should get the facts before you start defending something you obviously have no idea about..

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Miss Melanesia Ball 2012?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Board  

PNGSCAPE.COM Linkz