Not a McLaren fan either...

by Dan Robichaud

I'm not all that crazy about McLaren either, but if I chose to drive the car of our local hero, Jacques Villeneuve, I REALLY wouldn't stand a chance! So with driving a BAR out of the question (at this point, anyway I just tried to pick the fastest car. Besides, I really wouldn't call myself a fan of McLaren (not until they found themselves some REAL drivers, anyway...

On the killing processes topic, I've always understood the rational for killing the processes, but I would expect the impact would be more or less significant depending on the class of machine. On my PC (PII 400MHz, 128MB RAM, 8MB VoodooII), I don't see much of a difference, if any, when I have a few things running in the background (within reason, of course). However, within the game itself, I turn off all the useless features such as the replays, big screen, etc, which are nothing but wasted cycles IMHO. Turning those things off seem to make a bigger difference in gameplay than killing off my systray

Do you use the FF when you race RS2 (Does RS2 support FF?) I'm dying to try one out but reluctant to dish out the big clams till I'm sure I love it. I'd heard some people say the novelty had worn off quickly and although it added fun in the beginning, their times were actually worse with the FF than without... (Feel free to plug your wheel here, Darren )

Posted on Mar 20, 2000, 2:53 PM
from IP address 24.112.87.180

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

Find more forums on Auto RacingCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement