Dissappointment at Interlagos

by Grant Wernick - Weng F1

A very frustrating night for me, this Brazilian fiasco.
I have had a problem for some time with a processor that bogs down toward the end of a race. This time I was going pretty well on lap 20 when it happened again, slowing my graphics to a stop go dance and sending me into the tyres to break a wheel. The headphones are unceremoniously ripped off and thrown to the floor - totally wrecked - temper temper! No time left to restart, so get another token and try again. After toning down my graphics somewhat, things now seem OK, but after 2 qualifying sessions and nearly 2 races, fatigue is setting in.Things are going pretty good, holding 2nd place up to lap 17, when I somehow managed to spin on the kink just before the start finish line. Damage is however limited, costing me only about 5 seconds and 3 places. I pit on lap 22 from 5th, and come out at 15th. I regain 4th place starting lap 35, but now I am getting real tired, and spin twice in that lap and another couple of farming expeditions sees me finish 2 laps down in 12 place.
Oh well, Imola can only be better.

Posted on Apr 2, 2001, 10:42 AM
from IP address 155.239.84.151

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

Find more forums on Auto RacingCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement