Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • More of the same
    • Dan Robichaud
      Posted Jun 7, 2000 7:48 AM

Oddly enough, my home track is one of the circuits where I am least comfortable. I find the front half of the circuit (everything before the hairpin) next to impossible to master. I always seem to be either not carrying enough speed through the corners or attempting to carry too much... One thing is for sure though, a 2 stopper on softs is out of the question. After a little testing, I discovered my fronts would blow on the 9th lap.

What kind of speed are you achieving down the back straight? I've tried a couple of different setups from "the-unofficial", some from "World Record Holders" and they all seem to peak at 310 km/h while the AI are doing appr 317... This is definitely one track where the downforce/top speed trade off is very important.

I haven't practised for a few days (so this is only from memory), but I seem to remember struggling to get below 1:25's. The AI is definitely VERY strong here. I predict a finish at mid-pack at best (especially since I'm forced to either do 3 stops or use hards - yuck!). I'll give you more accurate lap times once I get a little more practise in. (Which reminds me, I'd better hurry. I'm going to the Canadian GP and only have about a week left to get this race submitted!)

Dan
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)