Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • More of the same
    • Dan Robichaud
      Posted Jun 7, 2000 7:48 AM

Oddly enough, my home track is one of the circuits where I am least comfortable. I find the front half of the circuit (everything before the hairpin) next to impossible to master. I always seem to be either not carrying enough speed through the corners or attempting to carry too much... One thing is for sure though, a 2 stopper on softs is out of the question. After a little testing, I discovered my fronts would blow on the 9th lap.

What kind of speed are you achieving down the back straight? I've tried a couple of different setups from "the-unofficial", some from "World Record Holders" and they all seem to peak at 310 km/h while the AI are doing appr 317... This is definitely one track where the downforce/top speed trade off is very important.

I haven't practised for a few days (so this is only from memory), but I seem to remember struggling to get below 1:25's. The AI is definitely VERY strong here. I predict a finish at mid-pack at best (especially since I'm forced to either do 3 stops or use hards - yuck!). I'll give you more accurate lap times once I get a little more practise in. (Which reminds me, I'd better hurry. I'm going to the Canadian GP and only have about a week left to get this race submitted!)

Dan
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

Find more forums on Auto RacingCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement