Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Slight differences

• Posted Aug 7, 2000 1:22 PM

There are some minor minor differences I have noticed. A couple of minor bugs fixed but as they were to do with the pit lane and graphics options I can't really say they aren't in this version as they may not have reared their ugly heads yet. IMO they are essentially the same. No sound updates as far as I can tell. I have just downloaded some new sounds, 2000 season cars & cockpits, advertising updates, helmets, names, tyres, and CC performance updates which has boosted this sim also in my opinion. There are 2 new fantasy tracks out already!

I'll report on GP3 later this week, but I have changed my mind about it quite a lot and am really getting into it. It really starts to show some flaws in MGPRS2's driving physics. The tracks look better and it is a real challenge to be competitive.

To Jan - I know you aren't into it but I strongly suggest you give it another go as half an hour really isn't enough time to get to know GP3. As you yourself have admitted, you hated MGPRS2 at first, as did I, and look how much we are enjoying it now. Don't get me wrong, it is nowhere near perfect, has lots of F1 stuff missing like, timing on screen, 107% rule, no false starts, damage is not realistic or variable enough, however overall I feel it has overtaken MGPRS2 as the best modern F1 sim. I can't understand why you think GP3 is too easy. Seriously, have you upped the level to pro or ace and messed with the car setups. If you can get a pole position on Hungary on Ace after a week then you are one mean driver as I'm still 2 tenths off on average. Also download some of G.Huttu's hotlaps and be amazed at how realistic the handling looks and feels. IMO, it ranks behind GPL for difficulty and no other sims can touch these two in the driving model. When you start to really learn the tracks and get fast it is a much more satisfying experience than most other sims out there. The FF is much better than I initialy reported - it doesn't do curbs or gear changes but loading, loss of grip are definitely in there although not up to GPL's standards. Even the combined pedal problem I reported before, while still a gapping error on Geoff's part, is still well drivable and I feel it'll only get better when a patch is released or somebody hacks it or windows to allow split axis.

I, for one, can't wait to get into a GP3 league. Any news on that Dan?

So, I take back some of the negative comments I made on GP3. You need to give it a good week before it starts to shine. BTW my retail version arrived last week and I'm very happy with this purchase.

More later, needless to say MGPRS2 has not been fired up since GP3 arrived.

Darren

PS my 22" monitor (yep twenty two inches) arrived today for my deluxe viewing pleasure - you have to see it to believe it. I've moved back a foot at least to take everything in. LOL!
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

Find more forums on Auto RacingCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement