Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • So close!!

• Posted Oct 21, 2000 11:27 PM

A 1:28.159 in free 2 this morning!! I'm so close to a 1.27! I tried your setup Dan, but while it has better acceleration I could only do high 1:28s with it. Th front end is a bit too loose for my liking. Try softening the springs a bit? Also the car bottoms out on the front straight with 20L of fuel in so you'll need to raise the height or add some packers, both of which may change the balance over the bumps or curbs. I find I'm banging the curbs quite hard here, especially that cork screw (hint hint). It flicks the car into a drift and therefore setup nicely for the following straight and right hander.

Predictions: I need a 127.8 or better to make the top ten in qualifying and a 1:29.000 or better to not be last on the grid. The 1:28.1 got me 16th on the grid with the next 6 cars all within 3/10ths of my time. Good stuff!

As for 130R (fast left hander) at Suzuka. I took it flat in qualifying but very rarely during the race. I was on a two stopper with softs (or was that one - I can't remember now) and I didn't want to risk wearing the tyres too badly or going off. I do recall I had 0.1L of fuel when I crossed the finishing line! Imagine the last few laps when it dawned on me that I might not make it. Calculating furiously and driving hard do not go together!

Darren
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Find more forums on Auto RacingCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement