Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • New Formula 1 simulation organisation.
    • Anonymous
      Posted Sep 8, 2001 6:29 PM

Greetings,

At first, I would like to reassure all of you, this wil be the only message I will send. I do not intend to smap anyone or to steal everyone from other web-based GP3 leagues.

That said, let me introduce myself. I am Pierre-Luc Denis, a Formula 1 enthousiast from Canada. I am build a new type or F1 simulation league, and, I want you all to be a part of it.

Here how it works.

As Manager of a F1 team, you have the full responsabilities of your team. By all responsabilities, we mean the financial, sponsors, crew, drivers, car paint... everything.

Everyone starts with the same initial budget (2M$ US) and the same car (same BHP, Frame shape, ...)
      Then, you need to hire a driver and try to find sponsors to finance your team. Then, you need to actually shape your own car, using GP3edit, at the image of your sponsors. (Note: The more place your give your sponsor, the more they are willing to invest).

The goal is, of course, to win the driver and constructor championship.

Financial:

The financial point is very important to let your team grow. At first, you need to pay your staff. Then, you can make a developpement budget to enhance the performance of the car, the advertisement, and so it goes...

Of course, the sponsors will invest in someone that come with something that can give them a good image, though some sponsors can invest dangerously.

Simulation:

The simulation is done using GP3, but you don't need to drive the car. The computer simulation will simulate your ranking, depending of the performance of the car, the fiability, the driver and the driving errors probability.
      The rest is controlled by the Game Master, which will tell you if a sponsors wants to sponsor your team, or any other information like that.
      Your job consist on managing your team to try to get the best result possible.

Teams:

The manager can't use an actual F1 team name / or driver. As you will see, the drivers available will be "fantasy" driver, with all different background.

Drivers and Crew:

Both the driver & the crew can negociate contract with other teams, or ask for renegociation of their current contract.

Conclusion:

This is raw information, I know. But I wanted you guys to be the first to hear about this. This league should officially starts it's activities in a month (Mid-september).

We have 12 spots for Racing teams.

If you are interested in any way by this league, you can contact me at the same email. Also, you can email at this same adress if you have questions...

Thank you all for your time, and please, ignore it if you are not interested.

Pierre-Luc
      Owner
      http://wfl-gp3.cjb.net
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Find more forums on Auto RacingCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement