Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Dear Bro. Flatt
    • me (no login)
      Posted Apr 14, 2005 5:23 AM

April 19, 2002

Dr. Steve Flatt, President
      David Lipscomb University
      Nashville, TN.

Dear Bro. Flatt:

I am sure that you do not know me, but my wife and I worshiped at the Madison church for a short time while you were preaching there. We were blessed by the fine lessons you presented. We both attended Lipscomb High School in the 50s.

I know that you must be aware of the serious problems that are now sweeping across the face of our brotherhood. These are the same problems that have recently ravaged the Madison congregation. I can recall hearing Bro. Ira North say with pride that in all of his years there Madison had never had a problem they could not resolve, or a division.

Having spent your life as a member of the Lord's church and having preached for most of your adult life, you know that there are folks among us espousing ideas of worship, about salvation, about the role of women and a number of other important points that are contrary to Scripture and certainly contrary to what we and our fathers before us knew to be New Testament Christianity.

God has provided you with the wonderful opportunity to head David Lipscomb University in this day of testing. Bro. Lipscomb was one of the key leaders of the church in a day when our brethren faced problems within their ranks almost identical to those we are facing today. Through the Gospel Advocate and his Nashville Bible School he and a band of faithful men were able to salvage a faithful remnant and rebuild the churches of Christ. As young preachers we were able to see the wonderful fruit of his labors. Now just 40 years later we see a brotherhood that is being torn apart by those who are determined to change the church into something after their own imagination.

The impression of many is that some of those who are leading the people away from the Old Paths of God's Word are part of your staff there at David Lipscomb. The association of a significant number of your faculty with Bro. Rubel Shelly and the Woodmont Hills Church further indicates this. I would not presume to tell you how to run your business as president of the university. But I would plead with you to think of the welfare of the Lord's church, not only in Nashville, but across the nation. In the digression of last century, we lost most of the schools of higher learning associated with our brotherhood. We cannot afford to lose David Lipscomb to those who no longer wish to be simple New Testament Christians. You have been invested with great power and influence. Please use it to build up and promote the unity and welfare of the churches from which you draw your students and support. Do not allow teachers of error to use DLU as a platform to undermine and destroy that which is most sacred to the people of God.

Bro. Lipscomb was a faithful member of the church of Christ, he loved the church and dedicated his life, his wealth and his property to achieve her success. It would be a terrible travesty to see the school he bequeathed to our brethren used to undo all he labored for.

Please accept this letter in the spirit in which it is sent. My prayers go up to God that he will bless and guide you to steer a straight course for the school and that it will do for the churches of Christ in the 21st century what it did in the century before.

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
    Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
    10 Not so Godly Elders
    120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
    2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
    2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
    Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
    Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
    page counter