Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

October 6 2002 at 11:39 PM
Liz Porter  (no login)
from IP address

hello, I have read the book about this business at Madison, and I am still rereading it. I have many many questions, but right now I want to know the actual impact of 501c3 on a church. I read that the church may not lobby or endorse candidates.What else may a church not do or have to do to qualify for this? Also is this just about tax breaks or is there funding involved here too?If a church launches cerain progrms are they to be subsidized? I read that there is a possiblity that psychological profiles gained in the entrance courses could be shared with the government. Is there any documentation or evidence that this has happened in any of the taken over churches? I have great concern about this practice even if this danger weren't there.I am greatly disturbed by all I have read here.This is indeed a social management program it seems. Does PDC or any of these other companies have actual ties to government or any of their contractors? I used to think this was all just controversy over instrumental music and the gifts of the Holy Spirit. How wrong I was. This is about packaging worship,packaging our perception of our Lord, and and packaging and the 'promotion'and 'management' of the Holy Spirit, too. Commercial packaging and promotion. Outsourcing and contracting a package and you just 'add water'. I saw that phrase at the PDC site. So church has become big business, and we just fit ourselves in to go with the program, and our worship of the Lord, and our reactions and communication with each other are observed,calibrated, manipulated, notes taken on it, measured.We are to be observed to see what techniques are most effective with us. I am filled with disgust and horror.Its tawdry and cheap. A slick commercial enterprise, that is profit driven. At first I could see how a package could reduce time and effort and offer the expertise meeded to handle a growing church.But I sense something cold here as well. It bothers me greatly and I can only imagine how the Lord sees this.I actually feel unnerved and nauseous. Thankyou for this site.

Respond to this message   
H. Keller
(no login)

501c3 and PDC

October 7 2002, 10:20 AM 

I didn't know there was a PDC website. Were you refering to "Pacific Disaster Center?" I'm having trouble "seeing" what you are talking about.

Respond to this message   
(Login ConcernedMembers)

PDC - Purpose Driven Church

October 7 2002, 10:46 AM 

I think Liz is refering to "Purpose Driven Church" (Saddleback) when she uses "PDC". This is a discription used by Saddleback and their programs.

The specific issue of Church incorporation is discussed at
Click here;

Liz has read and is realizing what we have been trying to tell folks for sometime. We obviously have not done an adequate job, because there are so many that either have not read this sites' links, or have and don't believe.

Liz, you are not alone! This is scary. And what's even more scary is the apathy by most people.

This message has been edited by ConcernedMembers from IP address on Oct 7, 2002 12:06 PM

Respond to this message   
H. Keller
(no login)

Oh I See

October 7 2002, 11:14 AM 

Thanks for the referral. Are there churches without a purpose? From my understanding we are “called out” from the world to be different and HOLY(set apart for God). Isn’t that our purpose? I was running my fingers over the book of John and stopped at this enlightening verse.

Jn 5:39-40 You search the Scriptures, because you think you will find eternal life in them. The Scriptures tell about me, but you refuse to come to me for eternal life.

I think we need a “COME TO JESUS MEETING”

Respond to this message   
Kevin Hamm
(no login)

RE: Oh I See

October 7 2002, 4:14 PM 

Cute names, Helen and Henry. Even cuter email addresses. You must know; however, that you will never be taken seriously. Although I think you already knew that.

Prayerfully Onward,

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(no login)

The Madison Church of Christ, Incorporated

May 25 2004, 2:21 AM 

Madison Marcher (May 19, 2004):

We will have our annual corporation meeting on Wednesday,
June 2, 2004 at 6 p.m. in the Main Auditorium. Buck Dozier will be conducting
the meeting.

Respond to this message   
Tom Brite
(no login)

Re: The Madison Church of Christ, Incorporated

May 25 2004, 6:57 PM 

Donnie, I do not understand your point in posting the notice from the Elders at Madison. All 501c3 corporations are required to hold annual meetings of all members, otherwise they will lose their tax-exempt status. Most churces IGNORE this LEGAL REQUIREMENT. The alternatives to what the Madison appear to be doing is to ignore the law or choose to not be a 501c3 corporation (with the necessary result that contributions would no longer be tax deductible).

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(no login)

Re: Madison Church of Christ, Inc. (Q: Tom Brite, May 25 2004, 6:57 PM)

May 26 2004, 6:36 AM 

I post at times to inform—provide statistics, repeat announcements or present certain church activities or actions that may be subject to a discussion or debate as to their validity, accuracy, appropriateness or scriptural sanction. In this case, my assumption (and also my hope) was that the title of the post itself would have clearly indicated its purpose—that the Madison Church of Christ, as a religious body, is a corporation; but why [?] … and let the discussion begin.

It’s not likely that I will have much time to discuss this issue further, but certain implications and requirements become transparent when a particular church, as a corporation, is under governmental regulations and restrictions.

Incorporated Churches?

A corporation is the creation of government, and subject to any and all decrees which its creator ordains. … Corporation [is an] artificial person or legal entity created by or under the authority of the laws of a state … [an] association of persons created by statute as a legal entity. (Blacks Law Dictionary, 6th Ed.)

When a church incorporates it submits a charter to the state, which the state has the power to approve or deny. The corporate church becomes subject to the state and the state now assumes authority to review the actions of the church and all corporate officers. … Since the state is the creator of your corporate church, to whom are these corporate officers legally responsible? … Increasingly the properties of corporate churches are being seized by government agents, and the officers of corporate churches are being prosecuted, simply because they have taken politically incorrect (but biblically consistent) stands.

Government Restrictions on the Corporate Church

Sec. 501. Exemption from tax on corporations, certain trusts, etc.
    (c) List of exempt organizations
    (3) Corporations, and any community chest, fund, or foundation, organized and operated exclusively for religious, charitable, scientific, testing for public safety, literary, or educational purposes, or to foster national or international amateur sports competition (but only if no part of its activities involve the provision of athletic facilities or equipment), or for the prevention of cruelty to children or animals, no part of the net earnings of which inures to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual, no substantial part of the activities of which is carrying on propaganda, or otherwise attempting, to influence legislation (except as otherwise provided in subsection (h)), and which does not participate in, or intervene in (including the publishing or distributing of statements), any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for public office.

By law, the 501c3 church may not:

preach politically incorrect sermons (propaganda)
      influence legislation
      participate in political action
      endorse candidates
      oppose candidates
      publish or distribute political positions

. . . Martin Luther stated, "The church must be reminded that it is neither the master nor the servant of the state, but rather the conscience of the state." … John Adams put it this way, "The church is the moral compass of society."

. . . Most churches today are legally organized as "creatures of the State." In other words, they are State-churches. For all intents and purposes, they can only do what their government masters authorize. They have "rendered unto Caesar" what is exclusively Christ's. Somehow churches thought they needed the "privileges and benefits of the State." But there's no free lunch. The government demands something in return - the surrender of constitutionally protected rights, like freedom of speech, and even freedom of religion! The church, as D. James Kennedy asserts, has been gagged.

Why do churches and ministries incorporate and become 501(c)3s? "Because our attorney told us we needed to," is the most common reason. Pastors and ministers have been tricked into believing that they can't function without the legal blessing of the civil government. But there's at least two sides to every story, and you have the right to know that your attorney (even if he is a Christian) probably withheld vital information from you.

First-century Christians knew there were significant legal and theological ramifications to taking license from Caesar. This is why they never incorporated any church. The corporation originated in Roman Civil Law, 250 or more years prior to the birth of Christ. Corporations were the most ubiquitous legal entities in Roman society, used to maintain subservience and government conformance. The corporation is a "creature of the State," and "the State is the sovereign" of all corporations. For the early church to incorporate would have been a public declaration that Caesar was sovereign over Christ -- blasphemy! There is virtually no difference between modern corporations and those used by ancient Rome.

Respond to this message   
Tom Brite
(no login)

Re: Madison Church of Christ, Inc. (Q: Tom Brite, May 25 2004, 6:57 PM)

May 26 2004, 9:24 AM 

Donnie, thanks for your response. I am not familiar with the laws of Tennessee, but the vast majority of states REQUIRE by STATE LAW that churches be incorporated. Otherwise, they will lose their tax exempt status. This would apply to deductions for contributions as well as exemption from property taxes on church on property, both real and personal.

I think the intent of the legislation you mention is to prevent political activists from organizing "churches" and utilizing the accompanying exemptions for the promotion of their ideologies. In fact, I believe that I read in the most recent Christian Chronicle that a church in Houston is in trouble for holding a republican political rally at their facility.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(no login)

Re: Madison Church of Christ, Inc. (Q: Tom Brite, May 26 2004, 9:24 AM)

May 29 2004, 3:34 AM 

Isn’t there an Internal Revenue code providing churches not to be required to apply for recognition of a 501(c)3 status at the federal or state level for tax exemption purposes? Aren’t churches automatically income tax-exempt anyway … just as contributions to churches are deductible by donors? I’ll try to research this when time permits.

Question: Do you know if that church in Houston of “501c3” status—a corporation just like the Madison Church of Christ? I believe that this church [of Christ, I’m assuming this from the “Christian Chronicle”], with or without the 501c3 status, did not have any “business” holding a political rally on its own, or allowing its facility to be used for the same purpose.

Respond to this message   
Tom Brite
(no login)

June 5 2004, 1:04 PM 

Donnie, sorry for the delay in getting back with you. I have been camping out in West Texas with the kids (Big Bend National Park)and am just now able to catch up with things.

You are correct that the IRS regulations do NOT require a church to incorporate. However, several states DO require that churches incorporate. Ken is also right that with the increase of the standard deduction, the government has virtually taken away this deduction for most contributors anyway. However, where this issue would become very important is if states were to enforce their requirement for incorporation and begin levying property tax against churches that defy the state requirement. (Or if the Feds were to levy income tax against the church for contributions made if the church violates the limitations for 501c3 organizations.)

I will do some checking on the previous mention of the congregation which is having it's 501c3 status challenged. Of course, the IRS reg's do set forth requirements for 501c3 status and the list includes partisan political activities (among others).

I am curious if Joe has ever deducted any of his contributions to Madison or any other congregation. If he has, he had better be grateful that they were a 501c3 organization.

Respond to this message   
(Login kirkguardian)

June 29 2004, 12:12 AM 

"Isn’t there an Internal Revenue code providing churches not to be required to apply for recognition of a 501(c)3 status at the federal or state level for tax exemption purposes? Aren’t churches automatically income tax-exempt anyway … just as contributions to churches are deductible by donors? I’ll try to research this when time permits."

Yes, it's IRC 508, and it's referred to as a "mandatory exception." Under IRC 508 mandatory exception provisions, churches are "automatically tax exempt" and "automatically qualified" to receive tax deductible contributions.

More info is available at

Respond to this message   
Kenneth Sublett
(no login)

Incorruption Bylaws

May 26 2004, 10:09 AM 

My old church in Seattle tried to slip in new bylaws: said that to forbid instruments was SECTARIAN and could bring down liabilities on the heads of the members. Of course, this was using the LAW to destroy the old bylaws so they could organize their "third service" in the evening under female domination and which sounds like witchcraft.

The Purpose Driven Cult warns (somewhere in Donnie's material) that, in my words, "as soon as you have stolen the church property, move or build more space, change the name, and rewrite the bylaws to keep the ROBBED from becomming ATTACKERS to steal the property back from the burglers."

You need to discover if there are any bylaws--there probably a Creed in the Deed to provent musical bandits from moving in. Next, you need to make sure that the "audience" gets a chance to read the NEW bylaws and make comments. Otherwise, they will just be bulldozed into voting for the troublers and you might discover, as in Seattle, that instruments are now allowable. Calvin noted that a heresy does not become right by time but who reads.

Respond to this message   
Joe McKnight
(no login)

June 4 2004, 10:24 PM 

Thank you Donnie for posting the annoucement of the Madison church of chirst inc. meeting. Years ago when I was asking the Eldership if Mad Madison was a 501.3.c they never would own up to it. I thought Mad madison was a "church of the great state of Tennessee" meeting at madison, I was right.
Will they ever change the name?
Have they no shame?

Well as mad madison brings glory to the Great state of Tennessee, I say
To God be the Glory
Joe McKnight

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(no login)

Annual Corporation Meeting at “Madison Church of Christ, Inc.”

May 31 2004, 2:54 AM 

Madison Marcher (May 19, 2004):

We will have our annual corporation meeting
on Wednesday, June 2, 2004 at 6 p.m. in the Main Auditorium.
Buck Dozier will be conducting the meeting.

[In the next few days, the following document will be presented in segments due to its length. It is derived from Guy Malone’s site which acknowledges that he is not its author. I cannot ascertain Mr. Malone’s church affiliation; but this research work, in my opinion, presents both legal and scriptural arguments and explanations as to why “the church” (the body of Christ) should not be considered a “religious” organization and subject itself to the State government with its stipulations. Donnie Cruz

Guy Malone states: “Note that I am not the author of this article, but received it via e-mail about 4th generation. I cleaned it up and post it and these links here for your edification and study….”]

Woe To State Churches:
Obtaining Corporation Status (501c3) is Against God

The word "church" is not meant to refer to any physical building, but refers to the worldwide body of believers in Christ. The word "church" (ecclesia in Greek - called out ones) does not refer to any organization, no matter it's name or legal status. Keep that in mind when reading this article.

It is time for Christians to wake up and turn back to God. We need to turn to the Lord and repent of our sins that we have committed against Him. We need to ask for forgiveness of tolerating idolatry that removes His Sovereignty over His Church. To see that the Church is in grave danger we must have a clear understanding of what a corporation is. We also need to realize what the courts have ruled about corporations and that a corporation has no rights, only privileges, granted by the "estate." To become a corporation removes the authority of the Lord over a corporate church and puts it under the bondage of man's law.

According to man, The State is Sovereign over its Corporations
  1. "A corporation is a creature of the state. It is presumed to be incorporated for the benefit of the public. It receives certain special privileges and franchises and holds them subject to the laws of the state and the limitation of its charter. Its powers are limited by law. It can make no contract not authorized by its charter. Its rights to act as a corporation are only preserved to it so long as it obeys the laws of its creation. There is a reserved right in the legislature to investigate its contracts and ascertain if it has exceeded its powers" (Hale v. Henkel, 201 U.S. 43)

2. "[A corporation is] an artificial person or legal entity created by or under the authority of the laws of a state. An association of persons created by statute as a legal entity.... The corporation is distinct from the individuals who comprise it (shareholders).... Such an entity subsists as a body politic under a special denomination, which is regarded in law as having a personality and existence distinct from that of its several members." Black's Law Dictionary West Publishing Company, 1991; 6th Edition, page 340.

3. "A corporation derives its existence and all of its powers from the State and, therefore, has only such powers as the State has conferred upon it. Power is used here to mean the legal capacity to execute and fulfill the objects and purposes for which the corporation was created, and the source of this power is the charter and the statute under which the corporation was organized." Len Young Smith and G. Gale Roberson, Smith and Roberson's Business Law, West Publishing Company, 1966, page 796.

A corporation derives its existence and all of its power from the State. The church on the other hand was created by and is the body of Christ. We belong to Him and we are subject to Him and His Laws. The source of any church's power is supposed to be the Holy Spirit; it's authority to function solely from God.

4. "Corporate existence is a privilege granted by the sovereign upon compliance with specified conditions" Len Young Smith and G. Gale Roberson, Smith and Roberson's Business Law, West Publishing Company, 1966, page 931. .

5. "Corporations are not citizens.... The term citizen... applies only to natural persons... not to artificial persons created by the legislature" Paul v. Virginia, 8 Wall. 168, 177; see also the Opinion of Field, J., in the Slaughterhouse Cases, 16 Wall.36,99 The Word of God teaches us that Christians, His Holy Church, are citizens of the household of God (Eph.2:19).

6. Every corporation has obtained a charter from the State of Incorporation. This charter is simply permission to exist given to the corporation (by the State!) without which, its operations would be considered illegal. In addition to the charter are the articles of incorporation: "The objects or purposes for which a corporation is formed are expressly stated in its articles of incorporation, which delineate in general language the type of business activities in which the corporation proposes to engage" Smith and Roberson's Business Law, West Publishing Company, 1966, page 798.

7. "Instances of non-profit corporations are educational institutions, athletic clubs, library clubs, fraternities, sororities, hospitals, and organizations which have exclusively a charitable purpose" Smith and Roberson's Business Law, West Publishing Company, 1966, page 789.
(Note: The purpose of the church is not "charity," nor is its purpose exclusively charitable. Charity should be a function of every church, but is certainly not its purpose. Offering worship to God, evangelism to the lost, and the fellowship and equipping of the saints are among church's exclusive purposes. (gm)

The Lord is Sovereign over His Churches: Jesus is the Head of the Church, not man

Paul compares the special relationship of Christ and His church to the God giving relationship of man and wife. What can be closer or more special then this? Would you bring another person into your marriage to control it with worldly principles? I hope the answer is no. Then why would you bring in a "fictitious entity" no less created by the state and man i.e.: corporation, to run and regulate something that belongs to the Lord? The relationship with Jesus and His Church belongs to Him alone. He is the Head of the Church and as such He governs it with His Laws, Principles and Directions. After all He is our King and is Sovereign over His Church. To become a corporation in effect divorces the church from Christ. We also commit idolatry by putting something before Him.

Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Christ is the Saviour of the body (the church); not the state. 24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. The church is subject to Christ not the state. 25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; Christ has purchased the church with His own blood. The State can give nothing for the church and should give nothing to the church. 26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. The church should be holy and without blemish, to mingle the church with the state/worldly system is to bring spot and wrinkle to the church because of what the state/world does and says, homosexuality, abortion, adultery and many other things are acceptable, they pass laws making them that way. This goes against God; should the church be partakers of that?

28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church
: The Lord nourishes and cherishes the church. Throughout history the state has tried to destroy the church. It still does through legislation trying to control all aspects of the free and corporate church.
30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. The church is a living organism with a living head and body. Therefore the church is not a religious organization. It is possible to be a religious or charitable organization without being a church. 31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. The church is to be joined unto Christ. In Matthew Jesus used the word cleave. I do not see that the church is to be joined to Christ and the state. 32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. He speaks of the relationship that the church is supposed to have with Christ. One that is supposed to be holy and true. One, that's with each other without interference, blessed.

Eph 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, 21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: 22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church. Christ is to be all things to the church. He is in Charge and Head of the church not the state. The state is under His feet, it is the footstool of the Lord why put it ahead of Him? 23 Which is his body, the fullness of him that filleth all in all. KJV There are more Scriptures that would support that Jesus is the sole authority over the church. Most of us Christians know this and believe this. I challenge my brothers and sisters to find them. Study them, to see if the Truth is being brought forth.

Jesus Christ Should Be The Head Of The Church - Why Then Incorporate?

Many people for some reason think that a church has to. This is far from the truth on a few different levels. Here in the United States of America a church does not have to incorporate at all to be recognized as a local body of believers. (Not sure why they would want recognition from the state anyway.) I know some of you are thinking "Well, Romans 13 says..." Most of us have been taught that whatever the government says, goes. Wrong! If the government passes a law that interferes or contradicts one of Gods law we are not bound to follow it. There are examples of this in the Bible ; we have all heard the story of Daniel and the lions' den.

To think Christians are bound by the laws of men, when it comes to the work of the Kingdom, is just stupid. If this were the case the church in Russia, China, Middle East and other places - if they listened to Romans 13 the way it is applied now - would never have seen growth. How about the brothers/sisters that smuggled Bibles into the old Soviet Block, China, Cuba and others? Whose law did they break? Man's. The local government's. They may be held accountable for their actions by men, they might even lose their lives. Guess what? God will reward them for their actions. They were doing the work of the Kingdom.

I know most of us have heard that Federal law supercedes state law. State law supercedes county, city and town law, and so on and so forth. Guess what? The law of God supercedes all of man's law when it goes against His own (Acts 4:18-19). The point is even if there was a law requiring churches to incorporate we would not be bound to do so. In doing so we would be removing the Lordship of Jesus and giving it to the state. Thank God we have not reached this point yet in this country but don't be fooled, it’s coming.

Woe to State Churches . . . to be continued

Respond to this message   
(no login)

Woe to state churches

November 18 2006, 10:57 AM 

So what happened at the meeting about this subject?

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(no login)

Re: Woe to state churches

November 23 2006, 11:47 PM 

Good question. This announcement occurs every year at Madison, i.e., since its incorporation—know that “it wasn’t like this before.” 501c3 is part of Rick Warren’s Purpose Driven Church growth methodology. “Scheme” [deceptive at that] is actually the appropriate term for this.

No, I haven’t attended any of the meetings, but that doesn’t mean that the leadership responsible for “going with the flow” at the time was not being irresponsible by “going with the flow.” So, I cannot tell you what happened [or happens] at the meeting. I can only wonder how much closer the Madison’s leadership is leading the congregation away from the New Testament pattern and toward the culture-driven philosophies of Rick and Bill.

There are numerous reports out there related to this church expansion “scheme”—most of these do not even have to do with churches of Christ. Here’s one for your reading pleasure.

. . . RICK WARREN and the “Purpose-Driven Church” programs for church expansion!!! Also heavily interacting is BILL HYBELS and his church expansion programs. We will give our readers the following transcript, straight from the audios of RADIO LIBERTY, USA, with Dr Stanley Monteith interviewing Robert Klenck, tapes entitled, “Marketing Christianity” One and Two.

A business consultant, who has been working with the international bankers, has designed the Purpose-Driven Church programs. Robert Klenck reveals a sinister involvement with the Rockefellers. The robbing of the Gospel of such matters as awareness of sin, need to repent and become righteous in God’s enabling, the sacrifice of Christ’s Blood for remission of sin, separation from the evil world etc is what makes the “success” of the Purpose-Driven Church program possible. Therefore we Bible Christians are encountering a highly effective way of defeating Christianity by means of enticing churches to seek numbers, power, money (from tithes and donations etc), and very large buildings. The enticement includes the dialectic approach which makes “Christians” value “meeting the needs” of an ungodly society, instead of standing firm on the truths of God’s Word and obeying His commands - and knowingly preaching unpopular messages which lead to spiritual repentance.

. . .

. . .

You are not to be deprived of numerous items discussed in the above link. So, please read it.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(no login)

Annual Corporation Meeting at “Madison Church of Christ, Inc.”—Continued

June 1 2004, 2:45 AM 

Woe To State Churches:
Obtaining Corporation Status (501c3) is Against God

Why then do churches incorporate?

1. They think they have to.
2. They feel it gives them some benefit.
3. They think it gives them prestige.
4. Asset protection.
5. Think it's the only way gifts are tax deductible.
6. Think its okay with God.
7. They have always done it that way.

The list could go on, I'm sure we could all find some earthly reasons why we think incorporating would be a good idea.

We Still Think It's The Law - Show me Otherwise

If you still think it's the law and that would make any difference to you in your relationship with the Lord, I will show you differently: "Congress shall make no law regarding an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" (U.S. Constitution, First Amendment).

According to the Internal Revenue Code, "a church, its integrated auxiliaries, and conventions and associations of the church are excluded from taxation." United States Code, Title 26, 508(c)(1)(A).

Section 508(c) of the Internal Revenue Code provides that churches are not required to apply for recognition of Section 501(c)(3) status in order to be exempt from federal taxation or to receive tax deductible contributions. Churches are automatically exempt from Federal income tax, and contributions to churches are deductible by donors under section 170.

Elsewhere, the IRS states: "Although a church, its integrated auxiliaries, or a convention of churches is not required to file Form 1023 to be exempt from federal income tax or to receive tax deductible contributions, such an organization may find it advantageous to obtain recognition of exemption (Tax Exempt Status for Your Organization, IRS Publication 557) . Just what "advantage" is there for a church in obtaining 501(c)(3) recognition and thereby exchanging its sovereignty for a subordinate status in relation to the federal government? Most people would answer that such grants the church exemption from taxation. However, we have already seen that the federal government has never been able to tax the Church of Christ; the Church is not exempt from taxation, it is immune. The "advantage" is something else entirely: "By establishing its exemption, potential contributors are assured by the [Internal Revenue] Service that contributions will be deductible" Tax Exempt Status for Your Organization, IRS Publication 557. The tragic irony of all this is that, according to the Internal Revenue Code, financial donations to an unregistered, unincorporated church are automatically tax-deductible (26 USC 170-B).

The government has no constitutional authority over the Church. It is not allowed to violate the First Amendment protection that the constitution provides. In fact the government may not infringe on any of our constitutional rights at all. They have found a way around this of course. To hold out an unbiblical advantage hoping an ignorant clergy person will take the bait and bring the church into voluntary compliance by forming a 501( C )(3) corporation, thus placing the church under the authority of the state.

Once the church has been transformed into a corporation it then becomes subject to control by federal and state governments. In truth an incorporated church is no longer a church!! but merely a non-profit organization. Once a church incorporates the new non-profit organization is subject to total control by the government. You will be controlled on who you hire, what you can and cannot preach. You cannot conflict with public policy nor assault the hearer's sense of mental well being, self-esteem, sexual orientation etc. You can be sued. The IRS prohibits such organizations from "carrying on propaganda, or otherwise attempting to influence legislation" (26 USC 501-C-3). This prohibition extends, not only to the endorsement of a political candidate, but also any other attempts to "influence legislation," including taking a public stand against such government-protected abominations, such as abortion or homosexuality. Now, the church is discovering that favors from Washington, DC have strings attached. In this case, the string is a rope that is being used to throttle her once-powerful voice, to squeeze out her very life and, eventually, to hang her by the neck until dead!

History Of Our New Nation: One of the reason people came to the new land was to get away from the entanglements of the old world. Quite a few of the reasons dealt with the issue of church and state. People where fleeing a repressive regime where there was a state-sponsored church or the church was running the governments. It was bad enough that people picked up and left. Now we seem to be returning to what our forefathers left on our own free will. We are taking a license to preach from the state, being told what we can and can't say. One of the things that inspired Patrick Henry's speech "Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death" was, he saw a man being beaten for preaching the gospel without a license. If we forget history we are doomed to repeat it. We as Christians need to wake up and take a stand. One thing that sticks in my mind is when I got married: "By the power vested in me by God and the State of California I now...."

What Do I Do Now?
(This section will not be favored by corporate Pastor/Ministers.)

1. You became incorporated, become unincorporated.
2. Talk to your Pastor/Minister about this important issue.
3. Rescind your membership in an incorporated church.
4. Don't incorporate.
5. Don't support incorporated churches.
6. Find an unincorporated church.
7. Start an unincorporated church.
8. Study Your Bible Daily.
9. Pray for the Body of Christ.
10. Witness and lead people to a personal relationship with Jesus.

I know finding an unincorporated church will be a real chore, as there are not many out there. There is also a real need to hear and study the word. If you must go to an incorporated church I suggest not becoming a member. I know this is not the norm but we have to remember who the head of the church is, and especially, that we are not join to ourselves to a harlot. Churches which have (knowingly or not) substituted the authority of Christ with sinful man's demonically-influenced word system fit this description. This issue has weighed on my spirit for a long time. I'm guilty of idolatry for finding things to put before Him in the writing of this paper. I was led to write this and now it's almost done. I only pray that God will get the glory, eyes and hearts will be opened and His Will be done. I realize this paper will not make me many friends. I know this, but that was not the point. I pray people will take the time to search out what The Word has to say on this issue. I'm certain many people will come to the same conclusion and we can restore the Lordship of Jesus Christ to his rightful place over HIS church.

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. KJV

A Servant of the King, Yashua Ha Mashiach, Jesus, the Messiah

What Now? Resources for churches and ministries to set up without (or convert from) 501c3 designation at

All information presented here is done so under the protection of the First, Fourth, Ninth, and Tenth Amendment of the United States Constitution. No warranty of accuracy is intended or implied, but merely reflects the best of my current non-professional research into these matters, to date. Nothing here should be interpreted or taken as legal advice, as I am not an attorney, and Guy Malone - who has posted it, but not written it - assumes no responsibility for any actions resulting from believing or acting upon this material; everything presented should be thoroughly researched against the Holy Bible, U.S. and State laws for your area, and with God and your conscience before taking any action from reading this material.

Respond to this message   
Kenneth Sublett
(no login)

"Charitable" contributions

June 1 2004, 12:07 PM 

Those who extort money from you for PROJECTS which will belong to THEM still tell you that it is TAX DEDUCTIBLE.

What they don't tell you is that you will probably NEVER give enough to become tax deductible. The IRS has upped the ammount at which it begins to COUNT. That SEEMS that they have taken away a SCRIPTURAL right from you. But the bible does not give you that right.

Furthermore, you can KEEP your money or give it Scripturally to the destitute by NOT ITEMIZING. The standard deduction is about 7,500.00 this year and "calculating" raised this to about 9,500.00.

While you were clapping and being extorted, our frined the IRS spread the benefit to ALL and not just those who are threatened by pagan religionists if they did not TITHE or "lay by in store" as a legalism. This new GOSPEL FREEDOM means nothing unless someone informs them of their new BILL OF RIGHTS to be free of money grubbers for the "louurrrdeee-eh."

So, somebody with "$ cents" please explain that when they tell you to GIVE MORE because it is tax exempt that the IRS has kicked the lie out of false churches. If, after Jesus Bill of Rights or Gospel to be free of TITHING, they still promote pre-cross tithing they will lay the guilt of THE LAW OF GIVING on you and compound the lie by promising you tax exempt. If you give 10% of your gross income you have given 10% and in NO SENSE DO YOU get any of it back. If we give it to false teachers who are ABLE BODIED and able to WORK as Paul demanded, and cannot take care of our children and our own widows we are WORSE THAN INFIDELS.

Ken Sublett

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site;

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter