Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Madison Good Old Days

October 13 2013, 5:22 PM 

A-Won,

I may not have the time to review Pribble's book. I'm pretty confident, though, that based on the book's title, "Theology Simplified -- God, His Son, and His Spirit," the Holy Scripture supports the contents of his book.

1. There's virtually no question from Christians, in general, regarding "God the Father." Even the exact expression "God the Father" is mentioned some 13 times throughout the New Testament.

2. Regarding "His Son," what an appropriate way to express the relationship and communication between the Father and His Son Jesus, whom God made both Lord and Christ. Even the salutations in the epistles beginning with Romans through Jude, involve: (a) the Father and (b) the Lord Jesus Christ. Notably the writers of these epistles mentioned NOTHING of the Trinity's 3rd Person "Holy Spirit." Of all things!!!!!! PERSONAL GREETINGS to various churches of Christ and individual Christians in the first century era WITHOUT the 3rd Person (Trinity's invention) being MENTIONED a single time.

3. Regarding "His Spirit," I have scripture after scripture of evidences pointing to "the Spirit OF Jesus Christ" [Philippians 1:19] or "the holy Spirit OF God" [Ephesians 4:30]being "the Holy Spirit" [Matthew 28:19,20] -- certainly not a separate divine being conceptualized by Trinity followers.

OK. That's a brief summary of what I expect the book being comprised of. I knew nothing about the book nor of the author until your mention of Lonzo. I strongly believe that when one has an open mind and is really very serious about searching the truth, he will soon notice the fallacy of the man-invented Trinity doctrine. Yes, in this case, you can teach an old dog new tricks. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 13 2013, 7:51 PM 

The Three separated persons or people came out of LU in book form in 1942. However, I was in Seattle in the 60s and watched the Charismatic Movement blow up. Dennis Bennett was an Episcopalian claimed to be baptized with the Holy Spirit in 1960 for which he was excised from the pulpit and wound up in Seattle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Bennett_%28priest%29

This was the time when Pat Boone got fleeced in real estate and turned to the charismatics for help.

Roy Osborne was slipped into a city-wide meeting by churches of Christ and boasted that he had burned up all of his old sermons because he had seen the light.

Prior to that many preachers said they believed that the "gift of the holy spirit" was a literally indwelling. However, this spirit was so powerless that he did nothing directly. This slithered into believing that a spirit PERSON literally guided them into all truth.

Too bad for these teachers they don't have the minimal qualification of a DISCIPLE to read the text in context. This has ALWAYS pretty well destroyed the Bible as the source for songs and sermons even in so-called conservative circles. You see, preachers do not want to cut off any branch of their Career Path. That's why they will never come out of their closet on CM.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 13 2013, 8:05 PM 

This is what Roy Osborne has to say:

I think it is significant that Paul gives his credentials at the beginning of most of his letters. Always he points out that his authority comes from God Himself, and Jesus Christ His Son.

I note that he does not list the Holy Spirit among those that give him his authority. This is because the Holy Spirit, which he often refers to as his guide, is the Spirit of God and of Jesus Christ dwelling in him. It is God's Spirit, as he said in II Cor 3:17, "God is the Spirit".

Respond to this message   
Coach
(no login)

October 13 2013, 11:39 PM 

Donnie, a video sermon by Lester Kamp on Pribble's book. Ken, in all fairness I ask that you not delete the link. Thanks.

http://www.churchesofchrist.com/lectures2011.php

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 14 2013, 1:58 AM 

Thanks for the link.

I had to decide under which folder to bookmark the page: either "Trinity_Pribble (Kamp's sermon)" or "Contending for the Faith."

I was wondering why Pribble's "Theology Simplified" would be a "lecture" just like those of the "change agents" (Joe Beam, Shelly, Tim Woodruff, Lynn Anderson, etal). It makes me think that "Contending for the Faith" [considered "conservative" just like Wayne Jackson] rejects Pribble's non-Trinitarian approach. It just shows that not even two "conservative" minds agree on certain issues.

Remind me once in a while about this.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 14 2013, 3:18 PM 

I tried three players: lots of mouth but no sound. If people want to communicate they should put the "lecture" out in print form.

Since I have other traumas pending maybe you could just list the verses he quotes. I am quite certain that I have the collection. However "iffy" a passage sounds or is RETRANSLATED there are TRUMP passages which cannot be destroyed by saying that:

In the beginning was the WORD and the Word WAS God.

to

In the beginning was Jesus and Jesus was God.

A disciple takes it like it comes.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 184.63.107.21 on Oct 14, 2013 3:29 PM

Respond to this message   
Coach
(no login)

October 14 2013, 3:50 PM 

Acts 28:27

27 For this peoples heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.

Respond to this message   
Coach
(no login)

October 14 2013, 4:06 PM 

happy.gif Ken, windows media player works for me. On the media player ensure the volume is not muted.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 15 2013, 12:14 AM 

I prefer printable materials. I can highlight in yellow which indicates CAUTION. I can underscore, circle, make notes, question, say "Amen," etc. And review as often as necessary. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Coach
(no login)

October 15 2013, 10:59 AM 

Good Grief! Buy the book!

[linked image]

THEOLOGY SIMPLIFIED by Lonzo Pribble (Aug 18, 2009)
$29.99 $27.26 Hardcover
Order in the next 8 hours and get it by Wednesday, Oct 16.
Only 1 left in stock - order soon.
More Buying Choices - Hardcover
$27.26 new (16 offers)
$45.98 used (3 offers)
FREE Shipping on orders over $25 happy.gif
Other Formats: Paperback
Books: See all items

BIC Brite Liner, Assorted Colors (5-Pack) by BIC
$5.21
Order in the next 8 hours and get it by Wednesday, Oct 16.
FREE Shipping on orders over $25 happy.gif

Donnie please share with Ken!

Respond to this message   
Ken
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 15 2013, 11:07 AM 

Yes, I know about his book but I prefer my old fashioned Bible.

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

October 15 2013, 11:37 AM 

If the public library doesn't carry Pribble's book, request it from Interlibrary Loan and save the money.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 15 2013, 10:57 PM 

Can you loan me your Library Card, Bill? If not, would you review the book and let us know if you've learned anything new?

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

October 16 2013, 1:21 AM 

Don't you have a library card, Donnie? It's very simple to get one at your local public library. Then you can request Pribble's book through the Interlibrary Loan, because neither the Nashville nor the Hendersonville Public Libraries carry the book. Now since Coach really wants everyone to read Pribble's book, then he should read it first and provide the review for us here. It would be interesting if Coach told us what he thought Pribble's "fly in the ointment" was. The book has not been reviewed at Amazon or at Barnes and Noble.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 16 2013, 1:37 AM 

No, I do not. Maybe, then, you can request Pribble's book for me. Or ... for you. You just might learn more about the Pope's Trinity. You may be getting there since you already know that the book has not been reviewed at....

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

October 16 2013, 2:18 AM 

Donnie, I think you should be responsible enough to get your own library card and make your own requests for interlibrary loans. It would be a good learning experience for you. On the other hand, did your local library refuse to grant you a card for some reason, or did it revoke a card you may have had previously? That would be bad. Just for your benefit, I took a quick moment to check the Nashville and Hendersonville libraries' web sites and reported that neither library carried Pribble's book. So in your case, it looks like you'll either have to buy Pribble's book or get a library card if you want to exult with Pribble in bashing the Trinity. And if you can't or won't do one or the other, then you're just plain out of luck. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

October 16 2013, 3:39 AM 

Last publication of this topic--the library card. Boring. Too wordy.

Respond to this message   
Bill
(no login)

October 16 2013, 10:36 AM 

Ah...that means I hit a nerve. Maybe it was that "boring" yet cutting bit about the library's possibly having refused to grant Donnie a card or the library's possibly having revoked Donnie's card in the past. Might that be it, Donnie boy? Too many overdue books and fines? Now you run along and post this as [...]. happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Faulty Assumptions

October 16 2013, 11:02 PM 

How did a discussion of a book concerning "Theology [the study of the nature of God and religious belief] Simplified" become a discussion of obtaining a library card?

Dr. Crump is one of the those who know exactly how to deviate or be a deviant. Overdue books and fines? Wow! How creative is your imagination! Know what? You may be full of horse droppings.

Respond to this message   
Scripture
(no login)

Madison Good Old Days

October 14 2013, 4:47 PM 

This verse does tie together nicely the act of free will with the sovereignty of God. Nice passage.

Does the poster also imply that someone's heart is hardened?

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter