Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Rick
(no login)

I'm famous!

February 2 2006, 10:35 AM 

PPB,

I just noticed that you mentioned me a few posts back when you wrote, "The fact of that letter also makes Rick look...well...pathetic."

You obviously have great powers of logic, reasoning and rhetoric. In case you didn't catch it, I agreed with the letter to which you refer. What I found so ironically humurous was the fact that you couold not see how it applies to Mr. Sublett.

Now, I don't mind being called pathetic. I've been called far worse by smarter people than you. I would just like you to explain how that letter makes me look pathetic.

Your fsithful correspondent,
Rick

Respond to this message   
PPB
(no login)

OOPS!

February 4 2006, 4:14 AM 

Rick,

I'm so sorry i didn't catch that error!!!!!!!

I wrote a couple of sentences to Amazed and then one to you. I then decided to delete what I had written to you, and didn't realize I left your name in it.

To everyone on this site - the "pathetic" comment was for Amazed and not Rick. Though I really should't have said it to Amazed either, even if it is the truth, still not very kind. Amazed's blindness is so sad sometimes...

Poor Rick! I'm truly sorry. I was going to make a little joke about your Ken Sublett comment and decided it wasn't really that funny...That's what I get for not reading my writing that day before posting it.

I hope you will accept my apology for not checking my writing!!!!

Respond to this message   
kent
(no login)

Re: OOPS!

February 4 2006, 4:52 PM 

ha!! PPB got busted!!!!!

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(no login)

Indeed . . . a great Christian example

February 4 2006, 7:23 PM 

PPB's apology for an inadvertent mistake. What a great Christian attitude!

On the other hand, proponents of "change" to improvise God's will for the church should be aware that they are the ones causing division. Division ... because they cannot leave the church alone. And such a mistake is not inadvertent.

Respond to this message   
Rick
(no login)

Thank You

February 5 2006, 7:48 AM 

PPB,

Thank you for your gracious words and sincere apology. I'm glad you realize that my comment about Ken Sublett in the previous posting was not funny. It was not meant to be, I was making a serious statement. The situation I was commenting on is filled with humor and irony, my comment was not.

I accept your apology.

Rick

Respond to this message   
Madison is AMAZING
(Login MadisonRULZ)

SAY WHAT?

May 2 2006, 11:30 PM 

I just have two questions... Are you insinuating that there are false teachers in the Church of Christ today? If so... then who are you to say they are... Wouldn't that be God's desicion at Judgement?

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

RE: Say What?

May 3 2006, 9:08 AM 

Christ warned of false prophets coming among us (Matt. 7:15 KJV), and Peter warned of false teachers as well (2 Peter 2:1-3 KJV). They didn't specify that these people would focus on the denominations and spare the church of Christ. Therefore, the answer to the first question is "Yes." There are false prophets and teachers in the church of Christ, just as they are in all faiths.

In answer to the second question, the New Testament permits Christians to "mark and avoid" those who obviously teach a doctrine opposite and contrary to what Christ presents in the New Testament Gospels and through the apostolic epistles. That permission lies in Romans 16:17-18 (KJV). Gal. 1:8-9 (KJV) also states that those who preach a different Gospel from what is written in the New Testament are accursed. That is, we are not to go beyond what is written in the NT in matters pertaining to worship and doctrine.

To sit back and say nothing for fear of "judging" someone when they obviously preach heresies is to condone such heresies and be a passive accomplice in leading others away from the Truth of the NT. We are permitted to challenge the false teachings of others and warn them to follow the straight path of Christ in the NT, just as we do here at Concerned Members, but we do not have the authority to make judgments about their eternal status. Only God/Christ can judge whether anyone is worthy of heaven or hell.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter