Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

A msg to those who dislike this site!!!

September 12 2005 at 12:26 AM
PPB  (no login)
from IP address 70.116.84.97

Following is a letter to those who dislike this site and the men who have given their time and effort to preserving God's Truth. I am curious as to how some of you will react to what was written. I hope you will respond.

Kent, try to keep the devil in check and curtail the curse words as much as you can. As I told you on another site many months ago, I will continue to pray for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"As a Christian, I am concerned with the amount of false teachers that are bringing division and inaccurate information to the Church. I hope that all of us understand that false teachers are not new to this world and have been creating problems since man began. Do we forget the sly speech of the serpent? The problem is that these false teachers are not always easy to recognize. They seem to be one of us – friendly, kind, caring.

What worries me is how many people have fallen for their flowery, but empty speeches, and will continue to do so. They have turned member against member and families against families. They discredit and openly disparage those that stand firm to the original teachings. They make the true followers appear closed-minded, legalistic and old fashioned. They laugh and shake their heads at those who abide by all of the Word, stating that times have changed and certain authorities no longer apply.

In their greed for power, they use their followers without remorse, yet sit amongst us as if our friend. They do not follow God’s will but their own desires. They applaud themselves for their large following, knowing that they lead people from the Truth. They make many promises to their followers and teach them that they have the freedom to do as they wish.

You will know them by their emotional speeches which are empty of Truth. Their “truth” is intended to mislead and fulfill the emotional and physical needs of the people. They do NOT teach God’s Will but instead, seek to meet the worldly needs of the people, thereby leading large numbers of people down the path of sin. They have turned their backs on the Word of God and fail to teach it as it was written. God has said that it would be better for their followers to have never known the Truth than to have known it and been led astray. For only punishment awaits those that fall from righteousness.

What about the false teachers’ souls? God has stated that he has prepared retribution for them. Did you think that the God who flooded earth and destroyed Sodom and Gomorrha would forget those who failed to obey his Word? Did you think that because we are under a new law that he will be kinder to those that disobey his commands? Surely you have read the New Testament and the words of Jesus and the Apostles? No such kindness will be given to those who fail to follow ALL his commandments.

As Christians, we have been given a job to do. God has clearly stated that being steadfast in our beliefs is paramount. This means we are to be steadfast in teachings and behaviors. We are not to change our beliefs to fit our World because we are not to be of our world. We are to follow the will of the Lord and not our own. The path will not be easy. We were warned that false teachers would come and lead many astray. Why are we so shocked that God’s Truth has come to pass?

Remember, these false teachers are unable to fully understand Paul’s and the Apostles’ writings. Instead, we should remember that judgment day is coming and that this earth will pass away. Even though God does not want to lose even one soul, He understands that most will turn away from Him. He waits patiently but painfully for the time when Jesus will return like a thief in the night. We must wait patiently and knowingly for that day. We must NOT lose faith in the Truth. We must follow ALL of the writings of the Apostles as the Lord commanded. Not part, but all. We must not let the sinful world lead us away from the One path. We must continue to believe and grow in grace and knowledge.

Sincerely,

Name withheld at this time"

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

RE: Message

September 12 2005, 9:19 AM 

Certainly this is a most heart-felt letter from someone who has seen the light of what's behind the Community/Purpose-Driven Church/Change Movement. S/he wishes for absolute Truth to prevail. Unfortunately, detractors who have hardened their hearts will come and go, curse and scream about this site. Their hatred of the Scriptures is clear by their ravings and rants. Fortunately, they cannot ever splinter our Shield with sophomoric insults, taunts, sarcasm, satire, character assassinations, unspeakable profanity/vulgarity, and diversionary tactics, as they would desire. Such are vain and impotent "weapons." Scriptural Truth ultimately prevails, as it has throughout history. Eons may pass, but Scriptural Truth remains forever.

Respond to this message   
PPB
(no login)

Re: RE: Message

September 12 2005, 11:12 PM 

Thanks Bill!

Wish I could take credit for it. It was written many, many eons ago by one MUCH more knowledgeable and humbled than me.

I notice that ChristianScholar and Kent haven't posted anything. I wonder why? I still get a kick out of Kent telling me to jump off a building once (on the ex-c of C site). I really, really made that man mad. The words he used....tsk..tsk.. I'm surprised he's left me alone on this site. I'll continue to pray for him.

Respond to this message   
kent
(no login)

September 13 2005, 6:13 PM 

you haver said i told you to jump off a building twice now. I never wrote anything remotely of the sort.

Prove that i wrote that. I assume you cant since its not true

Respond to this message   
PPB
(no login)

Kent, here's your proof

September 14 2005, 1:17 AM 

Kent, Kent, Kent.....You were the one to start the "Rules of the C of C" thread and now you can't remember how rude you were to so many people? How your cussing was out of control? How it seemed like you had froth foaming around your mouth? Just so you remember your little tirade....

"Kent
:
Items
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:13 pm Post subject:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know NOTHING about me! PERIOD. Take a flying leap off a tall building!
I will not answer one more of your posts"

Oh, but you did!
Does that ring a bell? Don't forget YOU asked me to prove it.
By the way, thanks for the thread about this site. Free PR is always good.

Respond to this message   
PPB
(no login)

September 14 2005, 1:36 AM 

By the way, the letter posted above is a modernized (but still accurate) version of a letter written by Peter. I'll let you try and find which book/chapter(s) it was taken from.

Seems Peter would be accused of being just as legalistic and unChristian by today's standards as those who run this site. Why, if I remember correctly, many posters have hated and depised the board members for saying many of the same things!

Keep it up guys! It can't hurt to be in the same mindset as Peter and Paul.

Respond to this message   
kent
(no login)

September 14 2005, 6:48 AM 

ok, i stand somewhat corected. However, telling someone to take a flying leap is not really the same thing as telling someone to jump off a building and die.

The former is hyperboly, the latter is down right mean, really. Come , you are too legalistic for this nonsense!

Respond to this message   
kent
(no login)

September 14 2005, 6:51 AM 

by the way ppb, why do you hide. No name? Email ?
Cussingout of control huh? You havent heard half of what i would tell you if i had email for you!

Take a chance, set up a yahoo account.
Afraid?

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

RE: Message (by PPB)

September 14 2005, 9:23 AM 

PPB,

The Ex-C of C site has several principal topic headings under which people may start threads, like "The Bible", "The Church," etc. (although that web site is supposedly not considered "Christian" as such). In which thread did you find Kent's post that essentially invited you to end your life?

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

RE: Kent's Responses to PPB

September 14 2005, 12:11 PM 

PPB,

If Kent had only said, "Take a flying leap" and nothing more, then there would be no real issue. But since he said, "Take a flying leap off a tall building!" then that's an invitation for you to commit suicide. Now he's trying to diminish its implication. But his original words condemn him.

Kent certainly has no grounds to confront you about "hiding." He goes by "Kent," but since he's used the alias of "Brad" as well, who knows what his true identity is. Definitely hiding.

And about email, of course Kent would love to slam and abuse you with all manner of profanity and vulgarity if he got his hands on your personal email address, or that of anyone else connected with the CM web site. Only a person who's lost his/her senses would give out an email address to someone as pathologically addicted to profanity/vulgarity as Kent is. Of course, if Kent sent you abusive messages to your private email address, you would know his Internet service provider; you then could file a complaint against him with that provider for email harassment (there are laws against that, of course), and he could end up losing his account with that provider.

Just something to consider.

Respond to this message   
PPB
(no login)

Re: RE: Message (by PPB)

September 14 2005, 1:33 PM 

Bill,

Under the "Bible" category. Look down towards the end of the page for "Rules of the C of Christ". Kent's little list of humor...

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

RE: The "Flying Leap..." Response from Kent to PPB

September 14 2005, 5:34 PM 

PPB,

Thanks, I found Kent's post at Ex-C of C. He definitely invited you take a flying leap off a tall building, just as you said he did.

Immediately prior to his, I noted your "guest" post concluded with this statement:

"Oh, and Kent, take a lesson from a 9 year-old, 'The only reason people use cuss words is because they aren't smart enough to have a good answer.' Out of the mouths of babes." I think that bit of profound truth caused his explosion.

Respond to this message   
kent
(no login)

Re: RE: The "Flying Leap..." Response from Kent to PPB

September 14 2005, 9:13 PM 

both of you are gutless.

besides, i can bounce an email address around the world 10 times and back, i dont need an isp.
what you 2 know about the net would fill a thimble.

BTW, i would never send anyone a threatning email. even i think that is vile

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(no login)

Do you have the guts?

September 15 2005, 6:44 AM 

Kent,

We’ve already learned plenty from you. Not about anything … but about you. So, I think that it’s time to get back to the substance of this thread. What is the expression “original teachings” referring to in the initial post? Would you consider “traditions” after the apostolic era part of the original teachings and of the same importance as the Holy Scripture?

Your thoughtful and biblical or well-researched response to the simple questions above will be posted below this post.

Donnie

Respond to this message   
Amazed
(no login)

I came across this little gem

January 31 2006, 5:35 PM 

While perusing this train wreck also known as a website that I can't make myself look away from, I came across this encouraging thread. Seems like y'all took Kent and his postings WAY out of context. You do it to the Bible, what's to keep you from doing it to poor ole Kent?

Anyway, Donnie Boy (as Kent calls him in the Viper's Den) requested we get back to the original topic. I tried. I truly did. I began reading the "Letter to those who don't like this website" or whatever it's so eloquently called, and I got through an entire paragraph.

The first paragraph talks about false teachers. I don't have to read the rest to know what type of Christian he is talking about. If all you have to do is be ignorant to get a letter posted here, I'm surprised there aren't more. FALSE TEACHERS in the Bible, are people who deny the divinity of Christ. They ARE NOT people who worship God with instruments and clapping.

People you call change agents are not false teachers. They are people you disagree with. Big difference. I said before, call them what you want, but I feel as brothers, it is my duty to warn you that accusing someone of something that serious is a BIG-TIME sin, and I want to help keep you all fire-proof.

Respond to this message   
Rick
(no login)

Sad State

February 1 2006, 9:16 AM 

It's a sad commentary when the only people making sense on this thread are the ones who are considered critics. When I read the "letter" at the beginning of this thread all I could think of was, "How could they talk about Mr. Sublett this way? He's one of their own." Then I realized how blinded many of you are to your unintentional self-parody.

That is truly funny in a most ironic fashion.

Rick

Respond to this message   
PPB
(no login)

Re: I came across this little gem

February 1 2006, 9:25 PM 

Amazed,

How sad for you. That "letter" you so rudely and arrogantly dismissed is an actual letter written by the Apostled Peter and recreated in today's verbage - keeping to the original content and correct translation.

So, I guess you need to have a little talk with God on how he let his "ignorant" apostles run amok and how they didn't know the difference between a "false teacher" and a "change agent".

The fact of that letter also makes Rick look...well...pathetic.

But then, that's how I expected those who didn't truly know the Bible and were unwilling to give up their own personal wants for God's.

Thanks or making my point.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

The Little Gem

February 2 2006, 1:16 AM 

As best I can determine, the letter which heads this thread is a compact, modernized version of 2 Peter, chapters 2 and 3. It very well nails false prophets and false teachers, even pointing out how they will bring in their heretical teachings "privily" (by stealth, secretly, as is the motive of the Change Movement). This section of Peter's epistle not only describes those whom we would now label as "change agents" of his day but also those to come, who, with pleasant and enticing words, will CHANGE the Gospel, the New Testament, and the Church to suit their own agenda and preferences. These false teachers/change agents will initially enjoy a large following (just as they now do in the Change Movement), yet they ultimately will meet with destruction:

"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not" (2 Peter 2:1-3 KJV).

Discerning readers will be able to see the parallels between the modernized letter above and Peter's epistle. Change agents and other supporters of the Change Movement will only scoff at and deny the parallelism.

Respond to this message   
Mark Waggoner
(no login)

Re: I came across this little gem

February 2 2006, 12:15 PM 

False teachers who are identified in Scripture were not limited to those who "deny the divinity of Christ". Gnostics are obviously included but not the sole designates of the title, "false teacher". Review Galatians 1 where Paul addresses issues related to another "class" of false teachers known as the Judaisers. These people taught the death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord; however, they also required non-Jewish converts to become Jews before they became Christians. Paul makes certain that anyone who comes preaching "another gospel" is "accursed" in that he repeats this charge to make sure it is understood. This plain-language warning applies to any teaching that does not conform to what the New Testament says regarding salvation.

Mark Waggoner

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(no login)

Peter says: A FALSE TEACHERS teaches something BESIDES that which has been written.

February 1 2006, 5:42 PM 

A false teacher is someone who teaches something Jesus DID NOT teach, the Apostles DID NOT TEACH and is therefore NOT necessary to carry on the EKKLESIA. Those who ADD something not absolutely necessary to the pose of Christ deliberately SOW DISCORD and that is why they are called SECTARIAN or HERETICS. Amazingly amazing (meaning out of your wits) the predominant HERESY method was arousing EXCITEMENT in the ekklesia which is defined as TEACHING THE WORD. The METHOD of arousal was exciting forms of SINGING and the people who introduced the HERESY were called DEMAGOGUES and the motive is explained by the word KLEPTOMA.

GOD HAS ALREADY "HELPED" US BY SENDING HIMSELF AS LIVING WORD AND HE PROMISED TO GUIDE THE APOSTLES INTO ALL TRUTH.
    Is.8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Rev 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Is the New Testament less inspired than the Old Testament?

"Teaching the Word as it has been taught" is a MARKER by which false teachers can be identified. If the church does not leave the WORD just where inspiration placed it there is NO WAY we can tell whether someone is a Shepherd or a Wolf. ALL who claim some supernatural guidance ALL differ with EVERYONE ELSE. So, why accuse the Spirit of Christ with being incompetent?
    2 Pet 1:1 SIMON Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

2 Pet 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

2 Pet 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Lu.1:77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

Ju.1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

2 Pet 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

2 Pet 1:5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue, knowledge;

2 Pet 1:6 And to knowledge, temperance; and to temperance, patience; and to patience, godliness;

2 Pet 1:7 And to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, charity.

2 Pet 1:8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Pet 1:9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

2 Pet 1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

2 Pet 1:11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

2 Pet 1:12 Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth.

2 Pet 1:13 Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance;

2 Pet 1:14 Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me.

2 Pet 1:15 Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things alway in remembrance.

2 Pet 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

2 Pet 1:17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

2 Pet 1:18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.

2 Pet 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

2Co.3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

2 Pet 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

That means FURTHER EXPOUNDING: even if an Angel from heaven tells you something different.
    2 Pet 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

1 Pe 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

2 Pet 2:1 BUT there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2 Pet 2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

2 Pet 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Why take a chance: don't fail to JUSTIFY Christ by denying that he had the SPIRIT WITHOUT MEASURE which means that he spoke the WORDS OF GOD FULLY.

The DIRECT COMMAND is NOT to pleasure which connectes to the heresy, lifting, music, demagogue and kleptoma sequence of words WELL CONNECTED for the reader.

The direct command is to use ONE MIND and ONE MOUTH and speak THAT WHICH IS WRITTEN which Paul "further expounds" by calling it SCRIPTURE. The other "singing" passages which are not musical directly command the same INSPIRED TEXT.

The purpose was to EDIFY or EDUCATE and GLORIFY GOD. If JESUS PAID IT ALL then there is no TASK nor FUNDING for anyone who does not "teach that which is written" or "teach that which has been taught." The PATTERNISM was given to Timothy to "give attendance" (the only worship word) to the PUBLIC reading of the WORD and to admonishing that we all OBSERVE it and explain the DOCTRINAL content. That is what PAUL did when he went OUT as a missionary. We have EXAMPLES of him conducting EKKLESIA. No sanging, clanging or getting paid for human philosophy or teaching FALSE SCIENCE.

Peter has laid down a MARK: if they do not speak that which has been revealed and validated by GOD INCARNATE they are a FALSE TEACHER. Case closed. Anyone who thinks that loud singing and intruments are NOT condemned at every opportunity in the Bible and church history is truly AMAZED which was the ALTERED STATE the musicators performed to pick your pockets. John points directly to the holy whore under APOLLO or Abaddon or Apollyon documented and avaliable unless you have been brain damaged by a PhDuh in "bible."

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter