Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Darryl Scott
(Login Darryl.Scott)

June 16 2006, 12:32 PM 

“However, the one point of continention I have is where you write "We can’t have one group saying, 'you don’t have to obey Christ commandments to be saved', and another group saying, 'you must obey Christ commandments to be saved'" To my knowledge there isn't a group even distantly related to the cofC that is saying you don't have to obey Christ commandments to be saved.”

I understand what you are saying. What I mean is they do not actually say, “you don’t have to obey Christ’s commandments to be saved”, they just say things like, “you don’t have to be baptized to be saved”, or on the other hand “you only have to be baptized to be saved.” (Leaving off repentance, and a new walk in life.) I have heard both from “cofC” members. That is the equivalent of “you don’t have to obey Christ’s commandments to be saved”. Sorry for the confusion. ;O)

But I'm interested in exactly what is required to be an apostate?

I might not have been clear in my post but the answer is in this. “Teaching for doctrine the commandments of men.” If a congregation or individual chooses to set aside biblical doctrine, they have crossed a line. Not out of ignorance, but setting it aside. They have become the objects of their church and the objects of their worship. To some degree I would say it is intent. Ignorance of God’s will, and weakness of man is forgiven when as you quote I John, “when we walk in the light as He is in the light”. But, what I might do in ignorance becomes rebellion when I learn the truth and continue on the same path. The sin is not only the error, but now the error + rebellion. A path that was formerly done in ignorance becomes a path that leads to destruction.

I have a friend that relayed a couple of events of his childhood that he did not understand. He was confused about the discipline that he received as a child. In one event he was told by his father not to go down to the pond in his church clothes. Of course he did and received a hard “whippin” for it. (been there and done that) The other event was when he was around 8 he decided to get the keys to their car and take it for a spin on the ranch. He related how his father only scolded him for his poor decision. His confusion was that the harsh punishment was for something not very dangerous, (A trip to the pond), and the lesser punishment was for something that could have cost him his life. (Driving the car) The answer lies not in the physical danger but in the spiritual danger. One was an act of rebellion, and the other was an act of an 8-year-olds stupidity. One path will get you killed, the other path (rebellion) will kill the body and the soul.

So when people teach there are many churches (denominations) and they have learned from God’s word that there is “one church” they are left with a decision. Do I (1) proclaim one church, or (2) in order to keep the peace, spare feelings, and/or remain popular I continue to proclaim all denominations are OK? Which one is rebellion?

”I do believe that it is good to have a conversation and share our convictions, but is it possible that we can read the exact same scriptures and come to different conclusions?

I agree! That is why we study. If I already had it all figured out I would leave my Bible at home. ;O)

”What if I conclude the wrong way?”
Is my conclusion based upon truth and the searching for it, or is it based upon, what I like, what Mom and Dad would like, or how can I please the people around me.

Thank you for your kind words.

”Why take anyone elses word for what the truth is other than what we believe in our personal studies that God is telling us.”

Amen. Let’s let God tell us through His word. Let’s follow Paul’s admonition (commandment) that we “Test all things, and hold on to the good” I Thes 5:21.

Darryl Scott

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(no login)

April 21 2007, 1:14 PM 

In my lifetime I have observed many changes in our society, some good, others bad. In the last 20 years I have seen several changes appearing in our churches.

Until recently our formal greeting for fellow-Christians was "Brother or Sister Smith, or Jones." For many it is now Mr. or Ms. From the Scripture, we learned that Peter referred to Paul as "our beloved brother Paul" (II Pet. 3:15). Jesus said to his disciples, "all ye are brethren" (Matt. 23:8). He pointed to his disciples and said, "Behold, my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father who is in heaven, he is my brother, and sister, and mother" (Matt. 12:49-50). Paul said, "ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus" (Gal. 3:27). Since all Christians are children of a common Father in heaven, we must of necessity be brothers and sisters in Christ.

In days past our brethren reserved the use of brother and sister to those who were fellow-members of the body of Christ. When addressing or referring to those of other religious bodies they generally spoke of them as Mr. or Mrs. since they were not members of the Lord's church. Now, with the new ecumenical spirit brought in by the promoters of the change movement, I fully expect we will be hearing some folks referring to Bro. Brown of the Episcopal Church, or Bro. Black of the Catholic Church Or Bro. White of the Baptist Church.

In days past when a preacher of the church of Christ spoke of "the church" he meant the church of Christ, that particular church which Christ built, the church revealed in the New Testament. It was not used to identify the Roman Catholic, Greek Orthodox or any other denomination, cult or sect. Now however, change agents commonly speak of "the church" with clear reference to the Roman Catholic Church even in those centuries of her cruel and bloody persecution of believers like us who dared to defy her in their attempt to serve Christ. To change agents, the church includes all their denominational neighbors, no matter how foreign their faith and worship be to the New Testament of Christ. Strangely those champions of change no longer view the church of Christ of which they are members to be the church of Christ that Jesus built!

The term Christian was used primarily to refer to fellow members of the church of Christ. They were in the Lord's kingdom because they had been born of water and Spirit (John 3:3-5). They were in Christ, since they had been baptized into him (Gal. 3:26-27). They claim to be Christians, without denominational affiliation (I Pet. 4:16). They took the Bible alone as their standard for their faith, worship and practice. They wore only the name Christian and eschewed all denominational suffices. Now agents of change extend the honorable name Christian to any and all who confess Christ, regardless of their denominational connection or their imperfections of their faith and practice. Even those who preach another gospel (Gal. 1:6-9) are afforded this sacred name.

These, among many other items, are the changes being introduced into the faith and practice of Christ's church.

What will be the end thereof?

John Waddey, Editor
Christianity: Then and Now

Respond to this message   
< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site;

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter