Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Donnie Cruz
(no login)

“… how this is not gossip?”

April 7 2007, 3:14 PM 

Even with Keith gone, it is still an issue at Madison and in the brotherhood. After all, Keith, with his Praise Team [which is still in our midst], was overwhelmingly the cause of the congregation’s initial major problems. The havoc in early 2001 is/can not be that easily forgotten. I believe that it has been a negative impact since and is to be reckoned with even in years to come.

If other congregations are not warned in advance of Keith’s arrival, I’m not going to rule out the possibility that they, too, might experience such of the same catastrophic nature. The employment of a “Worship Leader” and his/her being on the church payroll is just not in congruence with what the saints’ contribution is designed for. I Corinthians 16:1ff speaks of the “collection for the saints … will I send to bring your liberality unto Jerusalem.” The collection that goes to one arm-wagging “saint” can easily support SEVERAL native evangelists on mission in foreign lands.

The members of the elite Praise Team performing their skills for/to the congregation do not need to let God know about their skills. In other words, let the congregation sing once again. Madison has several talented men who can start songs on a rotational basis—that will save the church big bucks. After all, the assembly is not designed for made-for-TV programming.

It was my hope that my post above would serve only to inform as Rick Warren’s culture-driven Church Growth Movement disease is still infectious.

Respond to this message   
(no login)

Re: “… how this is not gossip?”

April 9 2007, 10:36 AM 

You were not "warning other congregations in advance of his arrival," instead you and others were speculating on whether Keith left on his own accord or was fired...and were trolling for more rumors about it. I think your strong dislike for Keith clouds your perspective. Webster defines a gossip as "a person who habitually reveals personal or sensational facts about others." I ask you again, how does this not apply to you?

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(no login)

"... how does this [gossip] not apply to you?"

April 10 2007, 1:11 AM 

OK … maybe some church leaders who happen to read about Madison’s adversity do not care about what could happen to their own congregations. But does that mean that I should abandon the plea that “to be forewarned is to be forearmed”?

I don’t think so. Fact: Keith and his elite Praise Team wreaked havoc in the then-non-contemporary assembly in early 2001. Keith is gone, but as I have said time and again, the Praise Team is still around … performing away. So, for church leaders, be it known that this controversy is not going away soon. What I can only say “kindly and gently” is for the performers to donate their microphones to TBN or the 700 Club or Oral Roberts University. And … and … and let the congregation sing once again to the best of its ability the way it did.

OK, TMP, let’s just downgrade the level of “gossip” to speculation since no one has volunteered any reliable information—if someone knows, please speak up. This “inquisitiveness” [“fired” or “voluntary discharge”] is going to end soon.

Speculation is defined as “continuous and profound contemplation or musing on a subject of a deep or abstruse nature … an investment that is very risky but could yield great profits.”

The “Worship Leader” [leading God’s people into His holy presence] and “Praise Team” [the “Choir”] concepts just don’t mix well with the principles of restoring New Testament Christianity and the simplicity of the gospel of Christ. I can think of what would Jesus really do—drive them out of the temple [made into a Performing Arts Center], of course, along with their loud microphones and performances. These matters are profound in nature. Of several definitions, I have chosen also the “very risky” part that “could yield great profits” as a good one. Will the next “Worship Leader” be as well paid with the saints’ collection?

Your question—“how does this [gossip] not apply to you?” I don’t believe it does. If others see it otherwise, I’m not going to complain or argue that point. I see it as some speculation on my part—and that shouldn’t surprise anyone.

Respond to this message   
(no login)

To be continued …

April 25 2007, 8:25 AM 

“What Happened at Madison This Week—Part XII” is “under construction.”

Either Part XI has exceeded its capacity for being viewed in its entirety due to security issues with certain PCs or there may be a long delay in accessing this page.

Respond to this message   
< Previous Page 14 5 6 7 8 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site;

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter