Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Nadab
(no login)

Who's Bored?

October 4 2006, 1:13 AM 

You're right Donnie, the topics at faithsite have been boring. Not like the enriching, useful and interesting topics here. Such as:

T.U.L.P. or Two Lipped Heresy?

Faithsite / Jabez HIJACKED by ANTI Church of Christ PLANTS?

“JUST WHAT ARE THE CHANGE AGENTS DOING THAT IS SO WRONG?”

WHAT HAPPENED AT MADISON THIS WEEK—The Timeline (Part XI) Part 11- are you serious???

You HAVE been taken CAPTIVE: Please some PhDuh Refute?

Community Church or Commune? How to find a CULT.

An Online Conversation with the “Worship Leader’s” Wife’s Dad

Psalm 58: Proves Musical Agents DO lie from the WOMB?

Music in Worship-Jeff Walling

Otter Creek Church: a Community Church?

Rick Warren’s Purpose-Driven Strategy Splits Congregants

Very helpful to our struggle against the dark forces of this world. I'm sure God is proud.

I did like your lie... I mean statement:
"Besides, anyone can use different handles and post as much as he wants—but, frankly, the desire is not there for me, personally. Someday, maybe…!??"

How many "handles" did you actually have at faithsite? I can think of 2 off the top of my head.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Who's Bored?

October 4 2006, 9:12 AM 

Nadab will have to admit that, compared to the whole threads created at FaithSite just to say "Hi" to someone or to invite people into the chat room or to wish someone "Happy Birthday," the topics here at Concerned Members are far more on the cutting edge and address the problems of the Change Movement facing the Church today.

The specific thread that we are on now was originally created to expose the hypocrisy and fallacious theologies that had been presented at FS. Since it has come under new "management," however, it is clear that FS now operates far more as a social club with a "closed membership" than as a source for any significant theological presentations.

Respond to this message   
Nadab
(no login)

How's that banned sandwich taste?

October 5 2006, 9:18 PM 

"...the topics here at Concerned Members are far more on the cutting edge and address the problems of the Change Movement facing the Church today."

HA HA HA Oh, stop it Bill. You're killing me. That is hilarious. Cutting edge? The "edge" of this site couldn't cut melted butter.

"The specific thread that we are on now was originally created to expose the hypocrisy and fallacious theologies that had been presented at FS."

Real cutting edge topic there, Bill. What's funnier, is that the only hypocrisy and fallacious theologies presented were from you and your cronies.

"Since it has come under new "management," however, it is clear that FS now operates far more as a social club with a "closed membership" than as a source for any significant theological presentations."

Faithsite doesn't present itself as a theology-discussions-only site. Ever heard of fellowship? Since you liberals have left, the theological discussions that do take place are WAY more civil and accurate, and they make a lot more sense.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: How's that banned sandwich taste?

October 6 2006, 9:45 AM 

The fact is that there still aren't much of any "theological" discussions going on at FS, but Nadab just won't admit it. Even ultra-liberal Walt admitted that FS was principally designed for theological discussions. It's kinda hard to milk theology out of entire threads devoted to nothing more than the so-called "fellowship" of wishing buddies "Happy Birthday," invitations to meet in the chat room, and saying "Good Morning."

But FS only mirrors the Church today, which has become a medium geared toward entertainment and socializing and far less toward serious worship and Bible-based theology.

BTW, looks like "Bod" has returned to FS. Now are the FS liberals there gonna wimp out and knuckle under again like they did the last time he showed them all up? Are the FS liberals gonna resort to their old "Christian defense" of name-calling, insults, and personal attacks? Or are the FS liberals gonna get some FIGHT in their spines and defeat Bod with the WORD OF GOD as written, full and complete? After all it's THEIR site!

Oh, I suggest that Nadab get another "handle." The name he bears now recalls a deliberately disobedient soul in the Old Testament whom God slew outright. Or does Nadab's handle reflect his own deliberate disobedience?

Respond to this message   
Nadab
(no login)

October 7 2006, 12:43 AM 

The theological discussion that goes on at faithsite is done, (now that you and your gang are gone) by people who tell the truth and have at least half an idea WHAT they are taling about. It's good to see you still visit there frequently, even though you've been banned from posting. Keep reading Bill, maybe you'll learn something.

"But FS only mirrors the Church today, which has become a medium geared toward entertainment and socializing and far less toward serious worship and Bible-based theology."

Then why are you a member of that horrible church? Is it because you too are a liberal, and LOVE entertainment and socailizing?

"Oh, I suggest that Nadab get another "handle." The name he bears now recalls a deliberately disobedient soul in the Old Testament whom God slew outright. Or does Nadab's handle reflect his own deliberate disobedience?"

I thought you'd like my name. Thanks for the affirmation

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

October 7 2006, 8:58 AM 

So we can take Nadab's name "affirmation" as testimony that the one wearing that name follows in the steps of the Old Testament counterpart: a deliberately disobedient liberal proudly proclaiming that his version of "truth" is that there is no absolute truth; that there are no "wrong answers"; in short, that "truth" is only what each person perceives it to be. When you really think about it, that's the same attitude that the Nadab of the OT manifested. He offered his version of "truth": fire which God had not commanded. His version of "truth" was indeed the wrong answer. And because he offered his version of "truth," Nadab was obliterated. In parallel, that's the kind of "truth" that the liberals at FS espouse today: their own perverted version of "truth." How utterly shallow to deny that God's truth as revealed in His written Word IS absolute truth.

Yes, Nadab clearly belongs with the rest of the CROW-eating libs at FS, who crave desserts of HUMBLE PIE and ice CROWm.

Respond to this message   
Brian
(no login)

Re: Who's Bored?

October 6 2006, 12:01 AM 

"Nadab will have to admit that, compared to the whole threads created at FaithSite just to say "Hi" to someone or to invite people into the chat room or to wish someone "Happy Birthday," the topics here at Concerned Members are far more on the cutting edge and address the problems of the Change Movement facing the Church today."

You're right, Mr. Bill. You should avoid FS. You're better off here talking about how horrible Christians are.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

CROW Dessert

October 2 2006, 9:19 AM 

Along with the CROW that Max, Tom, Nadab, and now Brian and all the other libs at FS have been compelled to eat over the Bod issue, some HUMBLE PIE a la mode would make an excellent dessert for them all. And since that involves ice cream, a more appropriate topping would be "ice CROWm."

You know, it seems that the FS libs are gradually leaving that site and coming over here to visit us conservatives at CM more and more. At least something here is attracting them one by one: Max, then Tom, then Nadab, and now Brian. Eventually, FS will become even more of a ghost town than it already is. After all, CM IS a conservative site with regular posters whom the FS libs have branded as "legalists" many times over in the past. Now the FS libs have switched tactics and are saying that the regular CM posters, those CM "legalists," are instead liberals and that the FS liberals are conservatives. Black is white and white is black. Good is evil and evil is good.

I don't think the FS libs know which end is up at all. They should just stick to gorging themselves on CROW with HUMBLE PIE and ice CROWm.

Respond to this message   
Tom Brite
(no login)

Re: CROW Dessert

October 2 2006, 7:41 PM 

Doctor, your mental issues are showing again.

I did not follow you to this site. As Donnie can attest, I have been posting on this site for many years, probably an earlier arrival than you. Among my posts (used by Donnie from Faithsite) was a warning to Madison members that instrumental music was around the corner from the use of speical concerts in the building.

But, should we expect anything better from you?? No, you continue to be an embarrassment to Churches of Christ.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Tom's More Frequent Posts Not by Coincidence

October 3 2006, 8:45 AM 

Let's just say it's not by coincidence that Tom's posts have increased in frequency here at CM since the conservatives were banned from FS. Admit it, my dear liberal friend. If Tom wants to be truthful, he can't really deny that.

Perhaps if we keep the FS libs busy squawking over here, FS will dwindle to less and less...and less...and less. Right now, FS has been transformed into little more than a "How ya doin'" message center for birthday greetings and invitations to meet in the chat room.

The most suitable diet for Tom and all the other FS liberals continues to be roasted CROW, HUMBLE PIE, and ice CROWm.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(no login)

The TRUE meaning of the WOLVES and there TEAM!

October 2 2006, 1:39 PM 

While the children are picking thingies out of one another's noses, I thought I would slip in a responds to V-jo about WOLVES. Someday I will tell what means the WOLVES in Acts 20 and how to identify them. Lucky we don't have an editoress so we can say words like THINGY.

Acts 20 prophesied about the ELDERS of YOUR church which has suddenly turned MUSICAL and allowed the WOLVES to import others to EAT UP YOUR LIVING: definition of a Pharisee. Jesus identified the "speakers, singers and musicians" and HYPOCRITES by quoting from Isaiah and Ezekiel. BY DEFINITION a HYPOCRITE is a theatrical performer. It matters no how much ZOE imports experts to EXORCISE the "Platonic Fallacy" your shepherd is REALLY a wolf. I may tell you more about the UNIVERSAL warning about WOLVES.

Ezek 22:1 MOREOVER the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,

Ezek 22:2 Now, thou son of man, wilt thou judge, wilt thou judge the bloody city? yea, thou shalt shew her all her abominations. [Loathing: in Greek connected to dung and menstrual juices held to bring life]

Not now, but I need to tell you that the word PSALLO which the PhDuhs now use as authority to go "wolfing" has three major uses in the literature:
    First, it is a WARFARE word and NOT a musical word: it relates to Apollyon and his prostitute MUSES John calls Sorcerers in Revelation 18

Second, the chalk-line really POINTS to the blood shed when the bow was PSALLOED to attack your literal heart.

Third, and only as a metaphor, it was used meaning to SHOOT OUT HYMNS.

Not, a FOUNDATION to build your church upon. When they pour GRACE all over your head, remember that Chara was a brown-eyed, Greek prostitute goddess as were all of the MUSES or musicians. The word CHARIS includes "favors granted to a male."
Ezek 22:3 Then say thou, Thus saith the Lord God, The city sheddeth blood in the midst of it, that her time may come, and maketh idols against herself to defile herself.
    IDOLS Clement in Stromata notes of Mount Sinai as Egyptian worship of the TRIAD under Apis, the golden calf:

http://www.piney.com/Clement-Stromata-Five.html

The Beetle, cap. iv. p. 449, note 6.
    Cicero notes the scarabus on the tongue, as identifying Apis, 244 the calf-god of the Egyptians. Now, this passage of our author seems to me to clear up the Scriptural word gillulimin Deuteronomy 29:17, where the English margin reads, literally enough, dungy-gods. The word means, things rolled about (Leviticus 26:30; Habakkuk 2:18, 19; 1 Kings 15:12); on which compare Leighton (St. Peter, PP. 239, 746, and note). Scripture seems to prove that this story of Clement's about the beetle of the Egyptians, was known to the ancient Hebrews, and was the point in their references to the gillulim (see Herod., book iii. cap. 28., or Rawlinson's Trans., vol. ii. 353). The note in Migne ad loc. is also well-worthy to be consulted.

You will remember that Jesus CAST OUT the musical minstrels where the word means LIKE DUNG.

When Israel rose up to play in musicial idolatry, they thought that they looked COOL. However, God said that they were just a laughingstock. And so are modern musical idolatrers PROCURED by WOLVES to help extort from the poor.

Ezek 22:4 Thou art become guilty in thy blood that thou hast shed; and hast defiled thyself in thine idols which thou hast made; and thou hast caused thy days to draw near, and art come even unto thy years: therefore have I made thee a reproach unto the heathen, and a mocking to all countries.
    cherphach (h2781) kher-paw'; from 2778; contumely, disgrace, the pudenda: - rebuke, reproach (-fully), shame.

Charaph (h2778) khaw-raf'; a prim. root; to pull off, i. e. (by impl.) to expose (as by stripping); spec. to betroth (as if a surrender); fig. to carp at, i. e. defame; denom. (from 2779) to spend the winter: - betroth, blaspheme, defy, jeopard, rail, reproach, upbraid.

Paul told the synagogue in Romans 15 not to SELF-pleasure and connected that to the REPROACHES Prophesied for Jesus Christ.
Ezek 22:5 Those that be near, and those that be far from thee, shall mock thee, which art infamous and much vexed.

When God pours out His WRATH he sends jesters, buffoons and others of the HYPOCRITIC arts to make FOOLS of you. Because they are "angels of light" you BELIEVE that they are laughing WITH you but they are laughing AT you. One can suspect that most of the SEEKERS just come for the performance and that defines hypocrites in Ezekiel 33.
    Mehuwmah (h4103) meh-hoo-ma'; from 1949; confusion or uproar: - destruction, discomfiture, trouble, tumult, vexation, vexed.

Publish in the palaces at Ashdod, and in the palaces in the land of Egypt, and say, Assemble yourselves upon the mountains of Samaria, and behold the great tumults in the midst thereof, and the oppressed in the midst thereof. Am.3:9

Huwm (h1949) hoom; a prim. root [comp. 2000]; to make an uproar, or agitate greatly: - destroy, move, make a noise, put, ring again.

Howleluwth (g1948) ho-lay-looth'; from act. part. of 1984; folly: - madness.

The beginning of the words of his mouth is foolishness: and the end of his talk is mischievous madness. Ec.10:13

The word HALAL or PRAISE g1984 means to MAKE SELF VILE or make a fool of yourself. It is the source for the word HEYLEL or LUCIFER who is the "singing and harp-playing prostitute" and equivalent to Zoe.
Ezek 22:6 Behold, the princes of Israel, every one were in thee to their power to shed blood.
    Princes are
    Nasiy(h5387) naw-see'; or nasi· naw-see'; from 5375; prop. an exalted one, i. e. a king or sheik; also a rising mist: - captain, chief, cloud, governor, prince, ruler, vapour
Ezek 22:7 In thee
have they set light by father and mother:
in the midst of thee have they
dealt by oppression with the stranger:
in thee have they vexed the fatherless and the widow.

Qalal (h7043) kaw-lal'; a prim. root; to be (caus. make) light, lit. (swift, small, sharp, etc.) or fig. (easy, trifling, vile, etc.): - abate, make bright, bring into contempt, (ac-) curse, despise, (be) ease (- y, -ier), (be a, make, make somewhat, move, seem a, set) light (- en, - er, -ly, - ly afflict, -ly esteem, thing), * slight [-ly], be swift (- er), (be, be more, make, re-) vile, whet.

Oppression is THE LAW OF GIVING or TITHING:

Osheq (h6233) o'-shek; from 6231; injury, fraud, (subj.) distress, (concr.) unjust gain: - cruelly, extortion, oppression, thing [deceitfully gotten].

Ashaq (h6231) aw-shak'; a prim. root (comp. 6229); to press upon, i. e. oppress, defraud, violate, overflow: - get deceitfully, deceive, defraud, drink up, (use) oppress ([-ion], -or), to violence (wrong).

You will remember that Paul did not want any collections came AFTER he came because his presence would be an EXTORTING INFLUENCE: Paul equates extortioners to adulterers.

Ezek 22:8 Thou hast despised mine holy things, and hast profaned (h2490) my sabbaths.

Ezek 22:9 In thee are men that carry tales to shed blood: and in thee they eat upon the mountains: in the midst of thee they commit lewdness.

Ezekiel 13 speaks of those who STOLE WORDS one from another in "workshops" and then SOLD them as the truth. He is especially hard on the WOMEN PROPHESIERS which always means "music" and other performance.

http://www.piney.com/MuEzek13.html
    Rakiyl (h7400) raw-keel'; from 7402; a scandal-monger (as travelling about): - slander, carry tales, talebearer.

Rakkal (h7402) raw-kal'; a prim. root; to travel for trading: - (spice) merchant.

Lewdness is:

Zimmah (h2154) zim-maw'; or zammah zam-maw'; from 2161; a plan, espec. a bad one: - heinous crime, lewd (-ly, -ness), mischief, purpose, thought, wicked (device, mind, -ness) Zamiyr (h2158) zaw-meer'; or zamir zaw-meer'; and (fem.) zˇmirah zem-ee-raw'; from 2167; a song to be accompanied with instrumental music: - psalm (-ist), singing, song

Thy statutes have been my songs in the house of my pilgrimage. Ps.119:54

Ezek 22:10 In thee have they discovered their fathers nakedness: in thee have they humbled her that was set apart for pollution.
    Discovered: Galah (h1540) gaw-law'; a prim. root; to denude (espec. in a disgraceful sense); by impl. to exile (captives being usually stripped); fig. to reveal: - / advertise, appear, bewray, bring, (carry, lead, go) captive (into captivity), depart, disclose, discover, exile, be gone, open, * plainly, publish, remove, reveal, * shamelessly, shew, * surely, tell, uncover.

Nakedness: Ervah (h6172) er-vaw'; from 6168; nudity, lit. (espec. the pudenda) or fig. (disgrace, blemish): - nakedness, shame, unclean (- ness).

Ezek 22:11 And one hath committed abomination with his neighbours wife; and another hath lewdly defiled his daughter in law; and another in thee hath humbled his sister, his fathers daughter.

Ezek 22:12 In thee have they taken gifts to shed blood; thou hast taken usury and increase, and thou hast greedily gained of thy neighbours by extortion, and hast forgotten me, saith the Lord God.

The baptism with the spirit OF FIRE and spirit OF JUDGMENT is not good: the outpouring by the return of CHRIST THE SPIRIT was a one time event: it was to the generation of VIPERS that this would be a SIGN of judgment and a warning for any literate reader. Having NON CLERGY praising God in NONE Judean was a sign of JUDGMENT: don't pray for it.

Ezek 22:19 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Because ye are all become dross, behold, therefore I will gather you into the midst of Jerusalem.

Ezek 22:20 As they gather silver, and brass, and iron, and lead, and tin, into the midst of the furnace, to blow the fire upon it, to melt it; so will I gather you in mine anger and in my fury, and I will leave you there, and melt you.

Ezek 22:21 Yea, I will gather you, and blow upon you in the fire of my wrath, and ye shall be melted in the midst therof.

Ezek 22:22 As silver is melted in the midst of the furnace, so shall ye be melted in the midst thereof; and ye shall know that I the Lord have poured out my fury upon you.

Ezek 22:23 And the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,

Ezek 22:24 Son of man, say unto her, Thou art the land that is not cleansed, nor rained upon in the day of indignation.

Ezek 22:25 There is a conspiracy of her prophets in the midst thereof,
    like a roaring lion ravening the prey;
    they have devoured souls;
    they have taken the treasure and precious things;
    they have made her many widows in the midst thereof.
Ezek 22:26 Her priests have violated my law, and have profaned mine holy things: they have put no difference between the holy and profane, neither have they shewed difference between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from my sabbaths, and I am profaned among them.

PROFANED IS: H2490 chlal khaw-lal'to wound, to dissolve; figuratively to profane (a person, place or thing), to break (one's word), denominatively (from H2485 ) to play (the flute):.. take inheritance, pipe, player on instruments, pollute, (cast as) profane (self), prostitute
Ezek 22:27 Her princes in the midst thereof are like wolves ravening the prey, to shed blood, and to destroy souls, to get dishonest gain.
    Epictetus, Works XLIII.
    As a wolf resembles a dog, so much does a flatterer, an adulterer, a parasite, resemble a friend. Take heed, therefore, that instead of guardian dogs, you do not inadvertently admit ravening wolves.

H2963 taraph taw-raf' A primitive root; to pluck off or pull to pieces; causatively to supply with food (as in morsels): catch, X without doubt, feed, ravin, rend in pieces, X surely, tear (in pieces).

H6233 Osheq o'-shek From H6231 ; injury, fraud, (subjectively) distress, (concretely) unjust gain: cruelly, extortion, oppression, thing [deceitfully gotten].

Ezek 22:28 And her prophets have daubed them with untempered morter, seeing vanity, and divining lies unto them, saying, Thus saith the Lord God, when the Lord hath not spoken.
    Untempered:

Taphel (h8602) taw-fale'; from an unused root mean. to smear; plaster (as gummy) or slime; (fig.) frivolity: - foolish things, unsavoury, untempered.

Taphaph (h8608) taw-faf'; a prim. root; to drum, i. e. play (as) on the tambourine: - taber, play with timbrels.

Divining is the use of "magical songs" which were claimed to have power. John in revelation 18 calls the speakers, singers and musicians SORCERERS

Qacam (h7080) kaw-sam'; a prim. root; prop. to distribute, i. e. determine by lot or magical scroll; by impl. to divine: - divine (-r, - ation), prudent, soothsayer, use [divination].
Ezek 22:29 The people of the land have used oppression, and exercised robbery, and have vexed the poor and needy: yea, they have oppressed the stranger wrongfully.
    Osheq (h6233) o'-shek; from 6231; injury, fraud, (subj.) distress, (concr.) unjust gain: - cruelly, extortion, oppression, thing [deceitfully gotten].

Ashaq (h6231) aw-shak'; a prim. root (comp. 6229); to press upon, i. e. oppress, defraud, violate, overflow: - get deceitfully, deceive, defraud, drink up, (use) oppress ([-ion], -or), to violence (wrong).

Ezek 22:30 And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.
    Baqash (h1245) baw-kash'; a prim. root; to search out (by any method, spec. in worship or prayer); by impl. to strive after: - ask, beg, beseech, desire, enquire, get, make inquisition, procure, (make) request, require, seek (for).

Make up means to RESTORE the walls the "musical" heretics boasted about BREAKING DOWN.

Qadar (h1443) gaw-dar'; a prim. root; to wall in or around: - close up, fence up, hedge, inclose, make up [a wall], mason, repairer.

The musical worship condemned by Amos TOOK AWAY the knowledge of God's Word. As a result the people hungered and thirsted for the WORD but never found it. As a result, the SONGS IN THE TEMPLE became wailings. And God said: I WILL NOT PASS THIS WAY AGAIN.

In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old: Am.9:11
Ezek 22:31 Therefore have I poured out mine indignation upon them; I have consumed them with the fire of my wrath: their own way have I recompensed upon their heads, saith the Lord God.

Wrath in Greek which Paul outlawed by restricting women was ORGE which was the worship of EROS with singing and music which destroys the ability to hear the Word of God.

If you have recently ADDED any "new style music" or LADED the widows and honest working people with a MUSICAL MINISTER then Acts 20 has been fulfilled and there is one or more WOLVES among the shepherds parceling out the LAMBS to their STAFF INFECTION. This is exactly what happened when Israel's elders needed a DOMINANT PASTOR who would take up the TITHE and confiscate the youth to be his Chariot musicians and perform other tasks FOR THE KING.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(no login)

Polytheism and Blasphemy at FaithSlight?

October 7 2006, 12:11 AM 

One who denies that FULL DEITY dwelled in Jesus Christ is called an ANTI-Christ. One cannot be a neo-trinitarian (church of Christ Tritheists) without dening that Christ came FULLY in the flesh.

Those with ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT should be ARRESTED:
    Jesus commanded that we not only be baptized in order to be saved (Mark 16:16) but that we also be baptized in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost (Matt. 28:19), otherwise known as the Trinity. Those commands are quite clear.
But, no one in the early church ever baptized in the nameS of the "trinity" which was invented as "three persons" in 1942.

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Matt 28:18

How much POWER do you deny that HE has?
    Power is:

Ecousia (g1849) ex-oo-see'-ah; from 1832 (in the sense of ability); privilege, i.e. (subj.) force, capacity, competency, freedom, or (obj.) mastery (concr. magistrate, superhuman, potentate, token of control), delegated influence: - authority, jurisdiction, liberty, power, right, strength.
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name (singular) of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Matthew 28:19
    Name is:

Onoma (g3686) on'-om-ah; from a presumed der. of the base of 1097 (comp. 3685); a "name" (lit. or fig.) [authority, character]: - called, (/ sur) name (-d).

The Greek ONOMA or name stands "for all that a name implies, of authority, character, rank, majesty, power, excellence... of everything that the name covers" (Vine, Name, p. 782)

There is only ONE name and if ALL authority is vested in the name SINGULAR of Jesus Christ then we baptize in the NAME of Jesus Christ.

Why? Because, neither Father, Son or Holy Spirit is a name of God. According to Zechariah His Name would be Jesus or Joshua which means Jehovah-Saves.
    And Paul said

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. Col 2:9
That does not leave any GODHEAD left over for "father" and "spirit." Jesus CHRIST came FULLY in the flesh: if there was TWO OTHERS on the "throne" then Jesus DID NOT come fully in the flesh and that makes you an ANTI-CHRIST. Peter agrees with me and NOT the Polytheists:

Therefore, Paul and the rest of the New Testament baptizes in the name of Jesus Christ. This was continued for many years. Quite LOGICALLY when they BEGAN to baptize in THREE NAMES they baptized THREE TIMES.
    Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Acts 2:38
Jesus is a name!

This was not a "baptismal formula" but a statement of the authority of Jesus to accept God's disciples.
    "The nearest approach to a formal announcement of the doctrine of the Trinity which is recorded from Our Lord's lips, or, perhaps we may say, which is to be found in the whole compass of the NT, has been preserved for us, not by John, but by one of the synoptists. It too, however, is only incidentally introduced, and has for its main object something very different from formulating the doctrine of the Trinity.

It is embodied in the great commission which the resurrected Lord gave His disciples to be their 'marching orders even unto the end of the world.' (Int Std Bible Ency., p. 3017)

"It does not say, 'In the names [plural] of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost";

nor yet 'In the name of the Father,
      and in the name of the Son,
      and in the name of the Holy Ghost,'
      as if we had to deal with three separate Beings. (Int Std Bible Ency., p. 3017)
Preachers are presumptious when they put one hand INTO the air like an antenna and one hand on the candidate AS IF they were the CONDUIT for conducting the AUTHORITY.

The Jews: Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for (in order to) the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Acts 2:38 Discussion of Eis,... Part Two,... Doctor Jack Lewis on Eis or For.

The Samaritans: (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.) Acts 8:16

The Gentiles: And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days. Acts 10:48 (not lords)

Those baptized after Pentecost: When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. Acts 19:5

Apostle Paul: And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord. Acts 22:16 [This is the clear proof that the "pastor" has no authority to pronounce but Paul was to call on the name consistent with Proselyte baptism]
    And I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest. Ac.22:8

I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth. Ac.26:9
Romans 6: Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Romans 6:3
    Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. Romans 6:4
Corinthians: Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul? 1 Corinthians 1:13
    And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. 1 Corinthians 6:11
Galatians: For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. Galatians 3:27

James: Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called? James 2:7

If you call HIM "THEM" then you are blaspheming Jesus Christ which is THE name of the Holy Spirit as "another Comforter." Jesus said, "I and the Father are ONE." Sorry, people, but you are in the WRONG religion!

Respond to this message   
Max Moon
(no login)

Eating a Banned Sandwich

October 7 2006, 10:18 AM 

Looks like Dr. Bill Crump is hungry again for a quadruple banned sandwich.

Its not hard to see over at "faith slight" that Dr. Bill Crump = "All in Good Time."

Yes, all in good time will "All in Good Time" be banned.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

The FS Libs Return for More CROW

October 7 2006, 5:53 PM 

Since the FS libs can't get enough CROW to stuff down their goozles over there, they one by one come over here begging the CM chefs to prepare yet more CROW, HUMBLE PIE, and ice CROWm. I'm sure the chefs are glad to accommodate them.

And since Bod, the overwhelming nemesis of the FS libs has returned there, looks like history (and a huge feud) WILL repeat themselves after all. Too bad the libs didn't invoke the "Barney Fife Principle (BFP)" right off. What's the BFP you ask? "Nip it in the bud!" Naw, the ragtag troupe of FS libs are railing at Bod as wildly as before. Funny, "evil" Bod is as sweet and kind and pleasant as all get-out over at FS, while the "Christian libs" there scream, holler, revile, rant, hoot, insult, and gnash their teeth. So Bod is behaving like a Christian, and the FS libs are behaving like demons! What role reversals! What exciting theater!

Respond to this message   
Max Moon
(no login)

Re: The FS Libs Return for More CROW

October 7 2006, 11:09 PM 

I haven't engaged "Bod." I am taking a helper of Satan, aka Dr. Bill Crump to task!

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Max Knows Not to Engage Bod

October 8 2006, 8:45 AM 

Max has responded to Bod only once during the latter's second appearance at FS. Max definitely engaged Bod in the first battle and got bested. Having been whipped by a superior debater such as Bod, Max now knows better than to go up against someone like Bod until Max is better prepared. Insults, name-calling, and personal attacks just won't do the job, Max.

Does being a superior debater automatically make Bod some kind of agent for Satan? And if people recognize Bod's superior debating skills, does that make them "helpers of Satan?" Perhaps only to those who are intimidated by such skills. To admit that Bod is a superior debater is to face reality. Since Max evidently considers himself spiritually superior to those who regularly post at CM, then let him redeem himself by engaging Bod in a full, mature, one-on-one debate at FS.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

The Constipated Message Board

October 12 2006, 9:51 AM 

Once upon a time, an Internet message board professed to promote “Christian” values and Gospel truth. Yet this board preferred a closed society with members of a “progressive” mentality, all of whom believed that the Bible was not the source of absolute truth; that “truth” was not definitive, because it depended on how each individual person perceived it to be in his own mind; and that there were no wrong answers. Moreover, the members professed to have love and tolerance for all people’s beliefs and creeds. Yet if conservative posters appeared with messages that strongly supported the New Testament and encouraged all to follow it faithfully, these progressive members shouted them down, mocked them, insulted them, and hurled all manner of personal attacks against their names, jobs, and characters.

And it came to pass that once this message board had rid itself of all the strong, conservative posters, the progressive members in residence were at a loss to come up with worthwhile topics of discussion. Since they cared nothing for deep, biblical topics, they created entire threads devoted to inane and trivial subjects such as saying “Hello” to friends, wishing them “Happy Birthday,” or inviting select members to meet in the chat room for “small talk.”

By and by, a few of the progressives began to note that their message board had lapsed into a dire state of constipation, and they began to wonder why. Of course, the reason why the board was sluggish was quite obvious, except to the progressives, who wore perpetual blinders when it came to their own shortcomings.

It then fell to the conservatives to bail out the progressives by providing a series of topics on a level that the progressives could handle. Unfortunately, since deep, theological discussions would be too advanced and confusing for the progressives, the conservatives felt that the progressives could surely generate some lively discussions from the following suggested, but by no means exhaustive, list of inane and trivial topics:

• Favorite flavors of ice cream (better, ice CROWm)
  • Favorite methods to freshen the breath of dogs
  • The most comfortable types of toilet seats
  • The softest brands of toilet paper
  • Which brands of pizza have the stringiest cheese
  • How to get 39 inches out of three feet
  • How often rap, heavy metal, and punk rock artists are incarcerated
  • How often your cat regurgitates hair balls
  • How to choose a pet rock
  • The best way to hug a tree
  • The worst case of halitosis you’ve ever encountered
  • Telling your spouse the truth about his/her “morning breath”: do or don’t
  • The proper way to break a stick
  • Sleeping preferences: mouth open or closed
  • Advantages of blowing your nose on a tissue or a handkerchief
  • Advantages of applying deodorant using the stick, cream, or roll-on types
  • Whether traffic lights stay red longer than green

•  
     Respond to this message   
    Roger Bradley
    (no login)

Nice Story

October 14 2006, 1:29 AM 

Once upon a time, a message board liked to whine, cry, and complain about how another message board edite, deleted, and restricted posts. Then, surprisingly, that message board did the same thing.

Weird.

Respond to this message   
    Donnie Cruz
    (no login)

More “Nice Story”

October 14 2006, 3:49 PM 

Once upon a time, a message board approved a post by “Weird,” which was a response to the preceding post “The Constipated Message Board.”

Once upon a time—later on—the same message board reviewed Weird’s response and decided that it served no purpose in rebutting the message concerning the “constipated” board—there was no rebuttal. The message has been undisputed—the board is still constipated. Check it out.

Yes, this message board “did the same thing” … but more intelligently in that the entire thread was not deleted.

One of the approvers and disapprovers,

Donnie

Respond to this message   
    Roger Bradley
    (no login)

As Long As You Know

October 14 2006, 11:38 PM 

I'm impressed. If you're going to be a hypocrite, at least you can admit it. I'm proud of you.

It's also good to see the high standard of postings continue here at concerned members. I'm glad you won't allow posts titled "Weird", but have the good sense to alow ones titled "The Constipated Message Board". The standards just keep getting higher.

Keep up the good work,
    Roger

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 12 3 4 5 612 Next >
      << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
    Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
    Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
    10 Not so Godly Elders
    120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
    2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
    2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
    Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
    Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
    page counter