Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Jimmy Wren
(no login)

You're on Bud.

November 25 2006, 9:12 PM 

To: Another Rochester Student

I would be glad to meet you there or any where else if you will promise to meet me after that in another location of my choosing.

This would be welcomed indeed. Prehaps the other annoymous student would like to join me in accepting this challenge. The trouble is there have been many, to many to list, who have challenged the teachings of Rubel Shelly over the past 20 years. It has been Rubel who runs away from any and all serious Bible debating.

In Christ,
Jimmy

Respond to this message   
Calvin Moore
(no login)

I'm game.

November 28 2006, 2:12 PM 

Jimmy,

I'd love to meet you here and then at a place of your choosing (though I am not the poster).

Calvin

Respond to this message   
Jimmy Wren
(no login)

Maybe later..

November 28 2006, 9:57 PM 

Calvin first let me thank you for using a real name. Then let me ask you what you would like to debate.

I offered to meet with the "other student" only because he declare his willingness to address any issue any previous writer may have in a public forum because the hypocrisy is unimaginable amongst those who critique Rochester and its professors and supporters. And he included the name of Rubel shelly.

Do you find the complaints and criticism against the teachings of Rubel Shelly to be "unimaginable hypocrisy?"

In Christ,
Jimmy

Respond to this message   
Calvin Moore
(no login)

Debate...

November 29 2006, 8:33 PM 

I'm looking to sit and talk with you and about characterizations of people such as Rubel Shelly and the accusations being lobbed at RC, public or private. For starters, Rubel Shelly is NOT Rochester College as some have said. He has never once denied inspired Scripture in the conversations we have had with one another. We have agreed and disagreed on a number of points and lived in a spirit of charity. We both have enough of a sense of fallibalism that we could BOTH be wrong about certain things. But, he is not the only voice on the campus. Many within the religion faculty here at RC disagree from point-to-point on various subjects...as you will find within every church in America. So, in that, I do find a measure of hypocrisy. Even those who post here will find differences in terms of what Scripture demands of them in areas of faith in practice. Some will claim binding, others will claim freedom in Christ. The music issue is SO overblown/ridiculous that those who post here no longer even make sense to those without a doctorate in theology. JESUS didn't even talk that way. He talked about logs and vineyards, lost coins, and sheep. I find hypocrisy in the elevation of theology (an invention of man in his desire to better understand God) to the thing itself--God. Those are my thoughts and I will no longer post here. You can always e-mail me to keep this conversation going or call me on my cell, which I will give via email should you so desire. Ultimately, I think posting here accomplishes very little. If you would like to meet and relate and commune with one another, awesome. We can even formally debate. But, this here...this means nothing to me. I don't know if that answers your questions at all, but email me and we can continue. As for here..no more.

Respond to this message   
Darrell Holt
(no login)

Are you the one?

December 18 2008, 4:14 PM 

The Lord's Help

Hello brother Wren:

Are you the Jimmie Wren that once preached in Leland, Mississippi? I grew up in Greenville, MS. and was baptized by brother Loyd Harris in 1978.

I am now the minister for the Franklin Road church of Christ in Pontiac, MI.

Darrell Holt

Respond to this message   
Jimmy Wren
(no login)

Yes!

December 27 2008, 2:19 PM 

Brother Darrell, I am the one.

I sent you an email last night. I hope your ministry goes well. I attend the Brown Trail Church of Christ in Bedford, TX. Our web site address is:
http://www.browntrailchurchofchrist.com/

Happy holidays to you,

In Christ,
Jimmy

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(no login)

Rochester MUST respond: this is WWYDWJ Final Exam

November 29 2006, 10:28 AM 

Because Rochester brought Shelly north to suck in young "ministers" and one textbook defines the Missional Church which restores Apostles and Prophets, the future of Rochester has been DIVERTED so that Lucian Palmer would not recognize it. Therefore RUBEL SHELLY IS ROCHESTER for anyone seeking to hire a preacher boy Paul and Alexander Campbell thought they had removed.

Rubel believes that ALL TRUTH except a few facts ABOUT Jesus have been shot away by Evolution and the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle (kicks in close to the speed of Light). Therefore, he admits to TAKING LIBERTY with the old fragments in order to use Narrative Theology to concoct a New set of truth because OUR culture has changed. That means that ROCHESTER and any of its HATCHLINGS will have their forehead branded with the denial that Scripture is inspired. The Just Jesus mantra and turning to the "gospels" is confessed to be because the epistles are divisive teachings by divisive apostles.

Rubel Shelly believes and teaches:
Here is what God wants churches passionate about:
(1) "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,
(2) that whoever believes in him SHALL not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16).

Jesus founded the ekklesia which is a synagogue which is a school of the Bible. The evangelist (not Shelly's LOCATED EVANGELIST) must be passionate about GOING and PREACHING. He makes disciples by BAPTIZING AND TEACHING whatever Jesus taught and Jesus said very little about JUST JESUS.

The Israelites had to "look upon" the serpent) John 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Should is not shall which means a certainty.

Jn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,
    that whosoever believeth in him SHOULD not perish,
    but have everlasting life.

Those who believe have the POWER TO BECOME the children of God. That means that they are justified or have LEGAL STANDING TO request A holy spirit or A good conscience BY being baptized to WASH AWAY THEIR SINS. Jesus is PASSIONATE about washing people and adding them to the church which is NOT a pagan worship center BUT a school of the Bible. The REAL Jesus was passionate about saving people ONLY at the time and place of a NEW BIRTH for one who had ALREADY been born of Amniotic fluid: Rubel misteaches this.

Jn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, EXCEPT a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he CANNOT enter into the kingdom of God.

Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what SHALL we do? Brian, BE BAPTIZED is an ACTIVE VERB:

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, AND be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ FOR the remission of sins, and ye SHALL receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.)

A person who BELIEVETH is a person who COMPLIETH. If you believe you MAY then be baptized and THEN have God remit your sins and THEN give you life.
(3) "Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ" (Acts 2:36).

(4) "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: (5) While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (6) Since we have now been justified by his blood, (7) how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him!" (Rom. 5:8-9).

(Justified does not mean SAVED: Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also SHOULD walk in newness of life.) <>
These are the essentials of Christian faith. It is this COREmessage ABOUTJesus
that we share In common with othe
Bible-believing, cross-proclaiming,
resurrection-confessing, born-again persons
that constitutes us a church.

ESSENTIALS means that NOTHING Jesus taught and inspired Apostles heard in a "face to face" encounter with God and wrote for our READING (the masculine form) and MEMORY are essential. Now that Rubel has stripped off all of the APPLE he preaches that He is to "partner with God to work out OUR salvation" which he INTERPRETS to mean "a new APPLE which only the community or commune" can work out: individuals are not "lone rangers."

There is a lot MORE core ABOUT Jesus but Shelly totally removes Jesus Christ as the ONLY teacher when we teach that which has been taught: Jesus can save you but NOT teach you what the Apostles thought were the teachings BY Jesus.

That means ecumenical affirmation, as Shelly makes certain, the Stoneite instrumentalists who are ECUMENICAL in seeking to force peaceable churches to become MUSICAL.

That is the Just-Jesus dogma which Rubel etal hallucinate because they THINK that Paul said that he had resolved to PREACH only Christ and Him Crucified. That is terminal ignorance or terminal deception! Paul said that he had decied to KNOW only Christ and Him crucified. Paul defines that in 2 Corinthians to DISQUALIFY the rich and famous who do not LIVE and SUFFER and risk their LIVES like Christ in order to preach the gospel.
Outside the ESSENCE of the gospel,
there are OTHER features that reflect OUR HISTORY and CONSENSUS interpretations of the LARGER biblical message.

Pople like Rubel and some at Rochester repeat the MANTRA and using words like sectarian, legalistic, patternists, traditionalists and other RACA words, like Goebbels, know that if you tell a lie often enough people will believe it. Like Hitler if you tell it in a GREAT DEMONSTRATION intended to prove to people that they are "losers" already and need to JOIN EARLY. The CORE issue of the eternal troublerrs in Zion is the Musical Worship Team leading to Instrumental Music. SAVED FROM WRATH means to be SAVED FROM ORGE meaning ORGY which is exactly what the JUBILATORS are promoting. Salvation is FROM the Crooked Generation meaning the SKOLION SINGERS wich was the new wineskin NON-Israelites who ruled Jerusalem.

Rubel Shelly: seems to agree with those of whom he writes:They had to strain the story of Jesus through philosophical sieves. They had to create and clarify special terms. They made entrance into their circles a matter of "enlightenment" as reflected in peculiar vocabulary and interpretations.

In the meanwhile, the CORE gospel has survived two millennia now in its NARRATIVE FORM of telling the big story through collections of little ones about Jesus.

http://www.piney.com/RSJohn2112.html

Rochester are at the WWDJ stage: Have you utterly repudiated the Bible and the universal Biblical and church History belief that it is the TEXTBOOK for our learning and as authority in FAITH AND PRACTICE? Rubel is not a believer in the Biblical or classical sense of the word because, one suspects, he uses it as a PATTERN BOOK after all rather as something to be READ and REHEARSED as we REST from the neo-pagan "worship" rituals of watching disturbed people CLAIMING to be mediators using the POPULAR ARTS which defines HYPOCRITES and DEMAGOGUES.

If you could prove that the Bible is NOT capable of teaching and MOLDING people through edification or education, THEN you are still left with the fact that to ACCEPT PAY for pretending (meaning of hypocrite) to be a Christ-follower while denouncing those who have BIBLE and HISTORY universally in their favor is, according to Charles Spurgeion, so low ethically and morally that he struggled to find a word to define it.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Has the Rochester church of Christ gone astray … and how far?

December 27 2007, 10:47 PM 

Ken, the church’s website lists interestingly different types of “worship and praise” as follows:

• Cornerstone, 8:30 a.m.

• Encounter, 10 a.m.
    These two assemblies both feature an invigorating blend of worship songs and styles and an engaging message from Patrick Mead.

• Mosaic, 11:30 a.m.
    Experience the love of God in a non-traditional, celebratory worship and communion experience. This growing service is creating new traditions by communicating biblical truths in creative, compelling and contemporary ways.

New traditions? Communicating biblical truths in creative, compelling ways?

What is going on?

Donnie

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(no login)

Patrick Mead

December 28 2007, 11:40 AM 

I have tried to log into Patrick Mead's blog with no luck. I will e-mail him and tell him that I have downloaded his three sermons on "God and Instruments of Worship" in three parts. If I could get a printed version I could dialog with him sooner.

In addition, a fourth sermon is "Acapella from a Postmodern Perspective."

Now, God never had anything to do with Instruments of Worship! What Patrick missed as did all preachers is that God had abandoned the nation to "worship the starry host" because of musical idolatry at Mount Sinai. When the elders fired God and hired a senior minister God warned that they were beyond redemption (the old Samuel story we also missed out on while the girlings were outing themselves too much. The national sacrificial system was not COMMANDED but IMPOSED because they were being told how to worship just like the Canaanites, Egyptians and Babylonians.

Anyone who can speak of "postmodern perspective" is not reading off the word but "beyond the sacred page" and is probably being handled by a member of the NACC such as David Faust as the latest morning glory.

Patrick is spread all over the internet and I am sure that he is preaching the instrumental positon. I will do a rebuttal pretending that Patrick is being USED by a NACC agent or one of the TOTALLY-GONE-EFFEMINATE few which have been seduced to use instruments.

They list all of the PSALLO Greek texts to identify PLUCKING but even then psallo just means pluck and it might be speaking of the hairs of a younger boy "youth minister." In ALL of the passages they LUST to use it is always the universal association between religious music, sexuality and homosexuality--sure even in the temple at times. Even the code word Acapella is a CODE WORD for A cappella meaning the castrated singers USED in the Sistine Chapel where instruments were not permitted and the universal--beginning with the Levites--FALSETTO just didn't hack it when the Pope heard the castrated "musical worship team" singing a new form of harmony.

Patrick also preaches "Make a Joyful Noise!." Well, that is exactly what it was: God never called it music. In fact the Qahal, synagogue or church in the wilderness OUTLAWED making "vocal or instrument rejoicing sounds." That was reserved for signals and the synagogue was a SCHOOL OF THE BIBLE and no preaching or music was allowed when The Spirit OF Christ is being the teacher when the elders "teach that which has been revealed."

If any one has heard these sermons and tell us what Patrick is teaching it would speed up the review process. I would not expect Patrick to come out in the open.

Ken Sublett

Respond to this message   
Doug
(no login)

Can Mr. Sublett be a bit more confusing?

December 27 2008, 8:56 PM 

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(no login)

Patrick Mead: repeating all of the lies of the NACC handlers.

December 28 2007, 9:40 PM 

Summary of Patrick Mead: God and Instrumental Worship # 1: we listened to sermon #1 but we COULD have made it up from the NACC handouts and those USED by them to steal some church houses of widows.

Speaking style consistent with the Music Moveons. Evident that Patrick is reading off the Nacc Play book and therefore does not know nor quote either the context or the story line. Patrick is PROMOTING the same "worship of the starry host" (Acts 7 etc) to which God ABANDONED the nation BECAUSE of Musical Idolatry at Mount Sinai.

There is no reason to expect either Patrick or those being led astray to know what really happened in the Old Testament. For that reason, all of His proof texts promote that which The Spirit OF Christ in all of the prophets radically condemned. We wonder why no one uses the prophets to promote Instrumental Worship by God's DIRECT COMMAND.

Some of the examples speak of the women who went in procession singing and playing instruments around the Temple. The words for SING and PLAY prove that with all NATIONAL temples, it would be plagued by prostitutes and Sodomites which is the mark of all Priestcraft.

Furthermore, all of the proof texts Patrick's handlers use PROVE that those who plucked the harp strings were grooming younger males whose hairs had been plucked for the act of pedarasty. There is no missing the point that the tiny few churches led by bonded buddies have turned the "school of the Bible" into a totally effeminate ritual. Not surprising since John identifies the Mother of Harlots (Rev 17) who USES the "lusted after fruits" as speakers with a funnee style, singers and instrument players whom John identified as SORCERERS who Had deceived the whole world.

These "lusted after fruits" in Revelation are the same "basket of summer FRUITS" in Amos who defines the singers and musicians as still worshiping the starry hosts. In the process the were STARVING the people for lack of the Word and they WOULD go into captivity. Sounds like Rochester has gone all the way with lots of girlish giggles in the background. These are identified as DOGS (wolves Acts 20) or catamites identified by their singing style. Paul said that BECAUSE of the DOGS outside, worship must be IN the spirit as OPPOSED to IN the flesh. In John 4 Jesus identified the silent spirit as the ONLY place God will seek us. No! God does not like NOISE and any singer or musician or "funee" speaker who went into the Holy Place would be EXECUTED by his brethren.

Here are some of the USUAL prooftexts found in handouts by the NACC as handlers and defined by men like Max Lucado, Rick Atchley, Mark Henderson, Milton Jones etal. We have reviewed ALL of the major documents all from the NACC and I can assure you that they lie about each and every Bible passage and historical comments. That is what means TAKING YOU CAPTIVE.

Psalm 90 woman and man responsive singing

Standared Fare: Sunday Morning will be A CAPELLA

Proof Texts:

Genesis 4 when the Jubal family used musical instruments.

SOMETHING wrong with Cain.
Numbers 10 used to call assembly together
Josh 6:4 commands in battle
Gen 31: Laban entertainment
1 Kings show honor to the king
1 Sam 16:23
Psa 150 instruments, God said DO THIS. Not just a suggestion but a DIRECT COMMAND

Make a joyful noise before the Lord

Exodus 15:20-21, Miriam Leads the women OUT to escape,
Ark of the Covenant, rejoiced and danced naked
Psalms 33:2; Psalm 43: Psalm 68:25

Church of Christ traditionally NOT used instruments. Use with Video, second and third services.
Conviction in churches of Christ.

Psalm 68:5 singers after musicians maidens playing tambourines. Funny? Offended. Laugh and PLAY and sing
Psalm 98:6 harp, shout for joy before the Lord.
2 Chronicles 29:25-28 Direct Command of the Lord, david, gad commanded by the LORD, through prophets
1 Chronicles 16:4-6 Levites Ark of the Lord, Asaph "Four instruments" done in the temple. COMMANDEDS
1 Chronicles 25: singers, pagentry. God loved Art. Mocks those who bought church took out stained glass windows,

God Ordained the temple, God TOLD THEM to add music, dance,
Made replacement Hezekiah, cried.

2 Chron 29.27-28
    singing began, whole ASSEMBLY bowed and worshipped, until BURNT offering
    Lyre (no sound board), Harp (hollow), 10 string harp zither dulcimer, Shopfar (ram's horn, bleat),
    Long Horn war secular worship
    David made sure that instruments be used in worship. God liked the NOISE. Mountains and rivers praise Him.
    Closer to god in a NOISY place.
    [made list of instruments]
What happened to the instruments: God does not CHANGE. Doctrines are fulfilled and ceased.
Put in animals under the law. Blood and gore and smell: Never LIKED it.
When Jesus died He was the sacrificed because work DONE. Not a new law.
    Marriage, ceased.
    Food laws changed.
    No more Sabbath regulations.
Did He change His mind on music?: startling how little used in worship. Used by God in HEAVEN.

WHY IS DIFFERENCE? INSTRUMENTS began to disappear when temple ended.
    Bad guys stripped off instruments.
    Hang harps on willows, wind blows continued to make music.
People HAD to worship without a TEMPLE Worshipped God with what they HAD.
    People gathered together is called SYNAGOGUE.
    Not ONE ASPECT OF SYNAGOGUE approved by GOD!
    God accepted because that is what they HAD.
The CHANGE in music not mandated by God but by what they had. No instruments, expensive, hard to maintain.
Jesus sang and went out: not because they hated harps. They sang only witrhout instruments because that is what they HAD to offer God and He accepted it.

June 30 instrumental worship on Saturday.

We will address some of these but Patrick has poured out HONEY BUCKETS of stuff making raw assertions and does not intend to tell the whole story. Therefore, it takes a lot of WORK to turn Lye Soap into 99 44/100 percent pure truth. If you know anyone at Rochester let them chime in and if I am mistaken by Patrick he WILL give an answer for deliberately sowing discord. If not we will speak for him. His members want to know why this is happening.

It SHOULD be enough to grasp that the Monarchy was God's ABANDONMENT to worship the starry host. So that their Temple was built by Hiram the Masonic Architect and all of the ARTSY stuff is what we and Ezekiel 8 call IDOLS because it was BY REQUEST a temple for Sabazianism which is the same end-time Dionysus NEW WINESKIN by NEW WINESKINNERS treading out the grapes.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(no login)

Patrick's Credentials?

December 30 2007, 4:00 PM 

Patrick Mead does the Change Agent circuit so I thought this thread was interesting.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/177121/thread/1101925833/last-1139334531/Came+across+this+website>...

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 70.156.25.227 on Jun 6, 2008 12:08 AM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(no login)

Rebuttal Patrick Mead Sermon #1

December 30 2007, 3:22 PM 

I will post this review on the internet and it will be changed and improved as I have editing time.

http://www.piney.com/Patrick.Mead.html

You are free to do a rebuttal or question me directly on e-mail. The review is in images and may be slow to load but lets me keep the formatting:

Before looking at Patrick's FLOOD of "proofs" none of which related to the congregational meetings of the "civilians" in the Qahal, synagogue or church in the wilderness where vocal and instrumental rejoicing was OUTLAWED, it is important to see that Jesus claimed to have HIDDEN the truth from anyone who lifts prooftexts out of context and CANNOT see the massive and radical condemnation of instrumental noises: this is always the MARK of people trying to silence the Word of God. If you listen to the new musical "worship services" it is clear that when Jesus is replaced by women or the effeminate it is a mark of falling into the promised delusions.

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 70.156.8.44 on Jun 4, 2008 4:59 PM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(no login)

Patrick Mead Review #2

December 31 2007, 10:22 AM 

This is the link to the Crooked Generation treated by Jesus as a RACE so perverted and truth hating that He refused to speak to them other than through parables. If the false teachers cannot understand that all of the Bible POINTS to something outside of it they will miss the fact that the crooked race or the race of vipers are the people who "sing while getting drunk on wine." They are well documented in the literature which not even the best Greek scholar reads because they don't look where Paul and others point. This is a collection of comments only:

http://www.piney.com/Acts.2.Crooked.html

Contrary to the claim all of those ignoring all of the Word of God and trying to IMPOSE what was the curse of God on Israel because of musical idolatry. And they all read off the PAGES of the NACC all of which deliberately twist all of the Bible and historical scholars. At the same time they are utterly silent about the prophets who UNIQUELY spoke by the Spirit OF Christ who utterly condemn instruments a identify the SUPPLIER as Lucifer or Satan. So, no good to label truth speakers as of the Devil. Didn't the Jewish legalistic sectarians do that to Jesus who spoke VOLUMES condemning musical performers. Here is a link to the Burgess material which identifies the PSALLO word as pointing to perverts:

http://www.piney.com/Music.Burgess.98.html

Continuing to review Patrick's errors from the Old Testament but first to MARK music and the promise of Jesus that He would utterly take away the ability to understand the Word. Again, may be a slow load.

Jesus is going to point to Isaiah and Ezekiel--guided by the Spirit OF Christ--to tell God's FULLER story and identify the Scribes and Pharisees as hypocrites by pointing out "rhetoricians, singers and instrument players." Not surprising, John almost at the end of the Bible identifies them as SORCERERS who HAD deceived the whole world.

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 70.156.8.44 on Jun 4, 2008 4:41 PM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(no login)

Patrick Mead: #3

January 2 2008, 1:42 PM 

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(no login)

Re: Disturbing Things at Rochester College: A Student's Perspective

January 4 2008, 11:06 PM 

This may be tedious background but you need to understand that there is no exception to the rule for anyone to find where music is used in a religious sense and does not point to Lucifer "the singing and harp-playing prostitute" in the garden of Eden, getting people drunk with music to steal their property, warfare, sacrificial exorcism, prostitutes and sodomites.

Therefore, when people deliberately sow discord they must of necessity lie about every musical passage in the Bible and in church history.

Note continued from previous post:

See the TWANGING ARROW as the background to external melody which Paul prohibited. There are a dozen or more Greek words associating warfare, shooting people to hurt and musical instruments.

http://www.piney.com/Twanging.html>

See how Isaiah 30 shows how God will drive His enemies into "hell" using the same wind, string and percussion instruments Lucifer (Zoe) brought into the Garden of Eden.

http://www.piney.com/Isa30LXX.html>

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 70.156.8.44 on Jun 4, 2008 4:13 PM

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(no login)

Rochester Church of Christ CLAIMS #2

January 9 2008, 6:43 PM 

ROCHESTER CHURCH OF CHRIST Review of Patrick Mead #2. Patrick asks "how it all got started" teaching that the Christians were too timid to CONTINUE to use instruments. Most of the scholars quoted to prove that the church never used instruments are quoted in a new and "troubling" way of twisting facts.

http://www.piney.com/Rochester.2.html

Patrick claims that the church CEASED the use of instrumental music. He associates those noble scholars who explained WHY instruments were the marks of a fall from grace, by first labeling them as murderers, tyrants, deviants and Jew Haters. He claims that Alexander Campbell got his anti-instrumental views from John Knox whom he labels as a murderer.

Quoting Clement who makes man (the race) a more beautify instrument for SPEAKING the Word, he intimates that he was more interested in worshiping the male than refuting instruments.

This is a quick listen and review and I will correct if I have misunderstood.

I will continue to look at some of the "proof" which Patrick says proves that "God not only TOLERATED instrumental music but COMMANDED it." However, he uses the usual "calm the nerves" by saying they will not use instruments on SUNDAY as if using instruments to train up the children is not a problem. The driven purpose by beginning with instruments is to GROW your own instrumental church.

Is this reeally the MARK this church wants to OUT?

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

“President of Christian college in Michigan resigns”

June 4 2008, 4:06 PM 

Source: THE CHRISTIAN CHRONICLE (June 2008)

President of Christian college in Michigan resigns

ROCHESTER HILLS, Mich. — The president of Rochester College since 2003 has resigned but plans to remain as an English professor.

Mike Westerfield said he had considered stepping aside for several months before submitting his resignation letter recently.

“As most of you know, these final few months have been challenging yet productive,” he said at spring graduation ceremonies.

Those challenges included renegotiating the institution’s total indebtedness with the Church Development Fund, he said.

“I believe the time has come for a new president who will move the school to a new level of academic excellence in Christian community,” he said.

Rubel Shelly, best known as minister of the Woodmont Hills church in Nashville, Tenn., from 1978 to 2005, will serve as interim president, giving trustees time to search for a successor, the board announced.

Shelly began work at Rochester as a visiting professor of philosophy and religion in 2005, becoming a full-time professor in 2006.

“The future is rich with possibilities for Rochester College,” Shelly said. “Donors have come forward with significant financial gifts, and we are entering into exciting new partnerships within the Rochester community.”

Rochester College, established in 1959 and once known as Michigan Christian College, is a four-year liberal arts college associated with Churches of Christ.

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Re: “President of Christian college in Michigan resigns”

June 15 2008, 12:52 AM 

Calvin:
Don't be surprised with anything you see here at concernedmembers.com. Be sure of this though....this site and those that make up this unfortunate family are in NO way spokesman for the church of Christ.
They never will be. The only talk I hear about this site, from church of Christ members, is that this site poses an embarrassment to the church as a whole.
An embarrassment, and nothing more.
I

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: “President of Christian college in Michigan resigns”

June 16 2008, 9:50 AM 

I wonder how many church of Christ members Dave has personally heard or read who have allegedly remarked that this site is an "embarrassment" to the church of Christ. He should at least give us some true, accurate numbers. Were those people from hundreds of churches of Christ all around the country or just a small handful from Dave's own congregation? Were those people primarily from conservative, traditional, mainstream churches of Christ or from liberal churches of Christ bent on "change"? And to be complete, would Dave also care to tell us, honestly, how many people he has heard or read who spoke favorably of Concerned Members?

As I have said before, Dave is well known for transferring his own beliefs and desires onto everyone else. Whatever Dave believes and desires becomes "everyone's" beliefs and desires, or so Dave thinks. Dave is a "member" of the church of Christ, yet he constantly lobbies for instrumental music in worship and other "changes." As a result of Dave's passionate desire, "everyone" in the church of Christ wants IM in worship, or so Dave has convinced himself. It is no secret that Dave rabidly despises Concerned Members, so again, "everyone" in the church of Christ despises Concerned Members, or so Dave has convinced himself.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter