Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

For Elders only who have never read the Word

February 28 2012, 12:13 PM 

Ridiculing preachers who bring the Levites NEAR and INSIDE what they call the holy place is my job--that's what I do. Levites had NO INHERITANCE and they performed as SOOTHSAYERS OUTSIDE the holy places and ONLY when on rare duty making the lambs dumb before the slaughter while the priests "lifted them up to cut their throats" which God considered just like killing a man.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login BrianCade)

Re: For Elders only who have never read the Word

February 28 2012, 2:08 PM 

Ridiculing preachers who bring the Levites NEAR and INSIDE what they call the holy place is my job--that's what I do.

"Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly." - 2 Timothy 2:16

"Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels.And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth,and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will." 2 Timothy 2:23-26 NIV

"But foolish and unlearned questions avoid , knowing that they do gender strifes.And the servant of the Lord must not strive ; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves ; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captiveby him at his will." 2 Timothy 2:23-26 KJV

Sounds like the self-employment gig isn't working out so well. Maybe it's time you went fishing - permanently.

Respond to this message   
ken sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Never READ the definitions, huh?

February 28 2012, 6:28 PM 

You err? nothing Christian is for sale and nothing for sale is Christian. Why do you suppose that so-called conservatives use their Preacher's Rasp every time I quote more than one verse at a time?

I have been happy self-unemployed from the Engineering world for these 33 years.

[linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Never READ the definitions, huh?

February 28 2012, 6:37 PM 

Don't go away mad. Just...well,...

Respond to this message   
John watson smith
(Login johnwatsonsmith)

Why we seem narrow in eyes of progressives

March 8 2012, 12:03 PM 

To follow Gods word from Adam and Eve being forbidden to eat in Genesis to John in Revelation reporting that we are to be faithful until death. It could be considered an information war among man. Following that which God commanded verses all the ideas that come into the head of mankind. The specifications are important because our actions on those specifications are what determines whether or not we have obeyed God or man.

Consider also the following:

I Corth 1 - the preaching of the cross is to some foolishness - some consider what we do nonsense

John 14 - the way the truth and the life is the only way to God - there is no man that comes to God without conforming to Christ

Matt 24 - there will always be someone saying Christ is here or there. there are many false ideas to be dealt with

Jer 10 - Man cannot direct is own steps in the matter of being reconciled with God - many books and ideas today are just mans wisdom and are vain in the eyes of Jehovah

Matt 10 - Jesus said he came to bring a sword not peace - the popular idea of all religions being brought together under one is utter nonsense and is not peace with God but peace with current culture of man.

II Tim 4 - the current digression has not been brought about by man getting special experience from God or the Holy Spirit. Many have ears to hear every kind of new and false idea and will not endure sound doctrine.

comments welcome

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

That's true.

March 8 2012, 12:56 PM 

The role of the Holy Spirit was according to Alexander Campbell "a wonderful device" men used to give themselves more authority than Scripture. Rick Atchley claimed that "a spirit" stopped him in the middle of a sermon and told him that after about 12 years it was time to preach that sermon. The problem is that being led by the NACC proof texts they look for ever instance of a musical instrument and claim that God commanded THIS CHURCH to add "instrumental praise" (whatever that is). Failing to teach "that which is written for our learning" and imposing musical performance which has never had more than entertainment value seems to be a calculated effort to silence the voice of the victim. History has called musical as performance "sacred violence."

Men who have gotten themselves into the preaching profession and discovered that they don't believe or need the Scriptures they were paid to teach know that they are failing and they look for anything that will attract the "world." Too bad, Jesus said that He would not pray for the "world" they are seeking.

The sadness of it all is that there is nothing more fulfilling than reading and understanding all of the Bible rejecting the bad and ugly and defining and inculcating the good. Scripture claims that just reading the text produces the changes God wants. Understanding is a life of discipleship to CHRIST who defined the CENI as commanding us to teach and observe what He commanded to be taught. Peter makes that the prophets by the Spirit of Christ and prophecies made more certain by Jesus Christ and left for us as the "memory" of the eye and ear witnesses.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login BrianCade)

Re: That's true.

March 8 2012, 1:44 PM 

None of this changes the fact that you were banned from the Preacher's Files for being rude and incoherent.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

sure enough

March 8 2012, 3:53 PM 

I count it all pleasure to be banned by those with no Biblical role and no Biblical or ethical Dole. It is a lie that I was rude: you just think quoting the Bible is rude.

Once insecure preachers get their ticket punched no one can ever tell them anything again. Preachers are students until they are dead.

A "gospel" preacher would follow the direct command for the synagogue which never changed: PREACH the Word (only) by READING the Word as education and comfort. Only the Bible is the Prophets and Apostles upon which the church is edified or EDUCATED. The word LOGOS in fact OUTLAWS "what happened to me" as having any value in replacing that which is written for our LEARNING. You know, Disciples are Students and Students go to Bible School with Jesus as the Master Teacher.

I think people are wimpy burgers when they cannot tolerate being refuted by quoting the Bible.

1Peter 3:13 And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good?
1Peter 3:14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;
1Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
1Peter 3:16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

You seem to think that getting bumped from a preachers discussion is something BAD. Buck up, act like men.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login BrianCade)

Re: sure enough

March 8 2012, 4:21 PM 

You got banned for being rude and disobeying the moderators, so cut the martyr act. You don't even have the grace to be ashamed of your behaviour. You are far from innocent and no one is buying your "poor little me" defense of your childish words.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

March 8 2012, 4:47 PM 

I don't care, I don't care, I don't care!

I have no time or interest in "arguing" with people: preacher's files have a bad reputation from all spectrum of people who have tried to get a word in edgewise. They lose their whole foundation when someone questions their preacher school outlines.

Forget it, forget it, forget it. You just prove my point.

Try saying something Biblical for a change?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login BrianCade)

March 8 2012, 7:48 PM 

Actually, I think you just proved mine.

I have no time or interest in "arguing" with people

Then why spend so much time and energy doing it?

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold , a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." Matthew 7:3-5

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

March 8 2012, 8:07 PM 

I don't argue: I assert. You can disprove it or not.

You still haven't proven that you can do "Bible speak."

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Preachers Files

March 8 2012, 8:54 PM 

Here is my tenure at PF: you will notice that I post Scripture and they claim that I don't pot Scripture.

It is clear that they do not have the vocabulary to follow terms like PLAY at Mount Sinai. They also claim that God commanded instrumental music under the OT and the Jews continued to use instruments until they were "weaned." They do not grasp that God ABANDONED the Jews to worship the starry host (basic Acts 7) and that the godly people attended synagogue or Church of Christ in the wilderness which EXCLUDED "vocal or instrumental rejoicing" and any "elevated form of worship."

http://preachersfiles.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5889&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
http://preachersfiles.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=60105
http://preachersfiles.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5889&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

See whether I was rude or kevin Cauly etal were rude because it was simply impossible to fill in the blanks when people know little and care less about the Old Testament story line.

Maybe you will take one of these false assertions made about instruments in preachers files.

I saw a good anti-cauley bit debunking the trinity of people.

Respond to this message   
B
(no login)

Re: Preachers Files

March 8 2012, 9:32 PM 

Brian rags Ken about arguing, but then Brian seems to enjoy "arguing" with Ken. Good luck!

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Preachers Files

March 8 2012, 10:45 PM 

He enjoys accusing me of being an ignorant fool but he won't cough up any evidence. We are pretty open to use and abuse and he is free to go at it. All he has to do is find one command, example or remote inference of any one in the Bible engaging in congregational singing with instrumental accompaniment. People always sang and people always played but the Greek world thought at it was pretty obscene when the Lesbian girls sang Homer and added instruments at the same time. The evidence is that they didn't give a hoot that Homer wrote to inform.

Instruments among the Jews and most nations were in the hands of the Levites and Priests to make a loud distracting noise. We know that you can play bagpipes and get warriors to march into the jaws of certain death with nothing to gain.

If people find an example of David playing all of those instruments at the same time up in the FIRMAMENT just once in the whole Bible and then claim that is OUR command to use instruments in the school of Christ we know for certain that they are "of that wicked one" and not spiritual humanoids. Instruments were always called "machines for doing hard work" mostly in making war or creating the shock and awe of religious services intending to pick the pockets of the men's food money.

If no one cannot find a single hint in the Bible or historic Christianity before Calvin one wonders WHOSE spirit put it into their little heads. If I believe something that would drive me into deliberately sowing discord to RESHUFFLE ownership of buildings (God doeesn't go there) without any evidence but having a "spirit" tell me to assume the role of the Scribes and Pharisees I might think about checking myself into a padded cell. Or would I? Strong delusions remove any corrective power so that the deluders do NOT have any decisions to make anymore.

It should never be "what can I get by with" but what does Christ in Scripture say.

John 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him,
If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

These are the same people who deny that Jesus has the right to command, example or infer.

I wonder what part of IF YE CONTINUE IN MY WORD THEN ARE YE MY DISCIPLES INDEED is so wretched hard for Phds to grasp. Disciples go to BIBLE SCHOOL. Disciples do not go to DO CEREMONIAL LEGALISM.

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Not Again!

March 8 2012, 10:43 PM 

Ken Sublett said "Try saying something Biblical for a change?"

You are kidding, right? You, that goest the way of Enoch (still haven't located it in the NT of OT yet, but I am still looking) and Greek mythology?

Ken Ken Ken......and now you are getting banned from the preacher files because they didn't "speak that which is written," and you uttered contempt unto them.

Grace Centered Forum
FaithMatters
....and now the Preachers Files

3 out of 4 isn't bad
The fourth, you ask?
concernedmembers.com

Unless you can't afford this site, you will always have your say here.
Take a break and go to the church in the wilderness

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Re: Not Again!

March 8 2012, 10:50 PM 

When I look North my property is as far as I can see: after that is a 1250 acre tract.
If I go past my driveway on the south there is a 1400 acre tract. Only me and a few chosen people get to go to church in the WILDERNESS. Eat your heart out.

I only go past my mailbox to see the medical people and eat Mexican.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

March 9 2012, 4:21 AM 

Perhaps you should see the medical people more often...

Respond to this message   
Racnor
(no login)

March 9 2012, 11:51 AM 

Ken. no need to go past the mailbox for medical anymore. "The Farm" will ship it to you now.happy.gif

http://www.mushroompeople.com/contact-us/

Ken, I hope you know I am just kidding with you!

If you every fly like a crow, my neck of the woods is about 45 miles due south of your location.

If you like seafood check out the "Kuntry Kitchen" in Lawenceburg. Once a month they have great seafood buffet.

Hang in there and have a good day.

Respond to this message   
ken sublett
(Login Ken.Sublett)
ConcernedMembersMadison

No need

March 9 2012, 12:52 PM 

Humana ships the meds: wife walks to the mailbox!

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter