Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Is “Contemporary Christian ‘Rock’ Music” Satanic?

April 20 2007 at 4:23 PM
CCRM-Concerned  (no login)
from IP address 170.141.109.33

While Christian Rock Music has become one of the major enticements promoted by the Charismatic and Community Church Movements in their church and TV-programmed gatherings—and which undoubtedly has infected not only certain mega churches of Christ but also a number of fundamentalist and conservative church groups—there has also surfaced concerns that if this trend continues, the next and future generations will face a seemingly insurmountable task of determining what is reverential in God’s sight and what the pure gospel message is supposed to convey.

Are we in that group that should be concerned about whereto the Christian “Rock” Music is leading the “Christian” youth of this postmodern era, even certain adult “Christians” with similar tendencies or appellations as do the young Christians?

As the passages in Eph. 5:18,19 and Col. 3:16 clearly emphasize the truth that we “let the word of Christ dwell in us richly” and that we “teach and admonish one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs,” do we take such truth to heart or do we let the “rock” music overshadow the truth?

Shouldn’t there be biblical screens that any Christian “rock” music must pass before it can be labeled as “Christian”? Perhaps, the “lyrics” screen would be the easiest form of examination upon which the Christian “rock” music is determined as a failure. What about the “character” screen—in this case, the “attitudes” depicted in the “rock” music and as portrayed by the “performers”? Is it reverential or worshipful; is there any expression of real AWE [not to be confused with the modern definition of the word “awesome”]?

Then, not the least of all and the often ignored “score” screen. Uh-huh! Many will argue that “the arrangement of the musical notes” has nothing to do with passing or failing the “score” screen. Are we prepared to rebut such a notion by stating that while the notes should compliment the words, in no way should the arrangement overshadow the message being conveyed? Otherwise, the “ROCK” music is no longer “Christian”?

Therefore, when the “Contemporary Christian ‘Rock’ Music” fails ANY ONE of the biblical screens, it is or it has become only “Rock” music and Satanic.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ken Sublett
(no login)

Yes! via Voodoo and the Revivalisits doing devil worship

April 20 2007, 8:10 PM 

Rock and Roll really FUELED Great "awakenings" such as the Stoneites at Cane Ridge in 1801. The black influence and charismatic singing is rarely noted by those GENERATED in that movement. However, other observers fill in the blanks. The Blacks were smarter than the masters and had replaced the outlawed drumming with singing and polyrythmic clapping. Modern musicologists see most of the revivalists "hyms" as birthed by Voodoo. The Stoneites added the Shouting Methodists as a ACT OF WORSHIP and that fits the Anglican or Methodist background of the Christian churches radically different from the reverent Presbyterians.

http://www.piney.com/Cane.Ridge.Shouting.Method.html

Edward Alsworth Ross. "The Crowd". Chapter 3 in Social Psychology: An outline and source book. New York: Macmillan Co. (1919): 43 - 62.

Coe[7] thus accounts for the extraordinary phenomena often manifested in religious assemblies. "The striking psychic manifestations which reach their climax among

(53) us in emotional revivals, camp-meetings, and negro services have a direct relation to certain states of an essentially hypnotic and hallucinatory kind. In various forms such states have appeared and reappeared throughout the history of religion. Examples of what is here referred to are found in the sacred frenzy of the Bacchantes, the trance of the Sibyls, the ecstasy of the Neo-Platonists, the enlightenment that came to Gautama Buddha under the sacred Bo-tree, the visions of the canonized saints, the absorption into God experienced by various mystics, and the religious epidemics of the Middle Ages, such as tarantism and St. Vitus's dance. All these and a multitude of similar phenomena were produced by processes easily recognized by any modern psychologist as automatic and suggestive.

Before the Stoneites and other revivals of what was identical to fairly modern, Pre-Saddam Iraq "christian Devil worship" these people would be burned as witches. This writer has heard articulated the ridicule of people who still fight instruments and the PLAN to try to restore Cane Ridge. The Jubilee oozed out at the same time the Laughing Exercises were attracting the audiences in Nashville.
Similarly, the phenomenon in Methodist history known as the 'power' was induced by hypnotic processes now well understood,
    though hidden until long after the days of the Wesleys." "The explanation of the 'power' and similar outbreaks is simple. Under the pressure of religious excitement there occurs a sporadic case of hallucination, or of motor automatism, or of auto-hypnotism, taking the form of trance, visions, voices, or catalepsy.
Consistent with all PAGAN worship and the use of arousal singing and instruments, we know that a musical instrument or its "organic substitute" is a MACHINE for doing hard work or for producing shock and awe. The OBJECT was to drive people into PANIC and this was the laded burden of "spiritual anxiety created by religious ritual" which Jesus OUTLAWED and the equivalent SELF pleasing outlawed by Paul for the synagogue or church. Apollo or Apollyon who HAS unleashed the LOCUSTS or MUSES in John's message is also named FEAR. The same equivalent word defined the musical SERVICE of the Levitical Warrior musicians as HARD BONDAGE. Apollyon is called Phoebus or FEAR: he was the father of the twanging bow to send forth singing arrows (or love arrows with his lyre), musical harmony, thieves and liars.

The onlookers naturally conceive a more or less distressing fear lest the mysterious power attack their own persons.
    Fear acts as a suggestion, and the more suggestible soon realize their expectations In accordance with the law of suggestion,
    every new case adds power to the real cause and presently the conditions are right for an epidemic of such experiences."

"Suggestion works in proportion as it secures a monopoly of attention. Let us ask what, according to this law, will happen to passably suggestible persons who submit themselves to certain well-known revival practices.

Let us suppose that the notion of a striking transformation has been held before the subject's mind for days, weeks, or even years; let us suppose that the subject has finally been induced to go to the penitent form; here, we will suppose, prayers full of sympathy and emotional earnestness are offered for him, and that everything has been so arranged as to produce a climax in which he will finally believe that the connection between himself and God is now accomplished.
The leader says to him: 'Do you now believe? Then you are saved.' Is it not evident that this whole process favors the production of a profound emotional transformation directly through suggestion?"

There can be little doubt that modern outlaw men who lie, cheat and steal and says that the SPIRIT told them to deliberately sow discord have had their minds disturbed by a life of loud noise.

Answer: John identifies the Mother of Harlots and the singers and instrument players as SORCERERS who HAD deceived the whole world. The clear statement is that the SPIRIT which indwells them is that of Satan. Hitler defines the same process.

Respond to this message   
Amazed
(no login)

satanic?

April 26 2007, 5:47 PM 

Lyrics from "Strong Tower" by Kutless (a Christian Rock band)

When I wander through the desert
And I'm longing for my home
All my dreams have gone astray
When I'm stranded in the valley
And I'm tired and all alone
It seems like I've lost my way

I go runnign to Your moutain
Where your mercy sets me free

(chorus)
You are my strong tower
Shelter over me
Beautiful and mighty
Everlasting King
You are my strong tower
Fortress when I'm weak
Your name is true and holy
And Your face is all I seek

In the middle of my darkness
In the nidst of all my fear
You're my refuge and my hope
When the storm of life is raging
And the thunder's all I hear
You speak softly to my soul

VERY Satanic.

Get a life.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(no login)

X)X00000XXXXXX

April 26 2007, 8:02 PM 

Sounds like a proposition to me! Like all tham praise ditties.

Respond to this message   
Chris
(no login)

Ken is speechless!

April 29 2007, 9:22 AM 

Nice one Ken... Thanks for addressing the lyrics to the above song... God as our refuge, shelter and strong tower... Sounds pretty satanic to me...

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

"Strong Tower" Analysis

April 29 2007, 5:10 PM 

Here are a few observations about the lyrics to the song "Strong Tower":

The names of God, Jesus, Christ, Holy Spirit, or Savior do not appear at all. The nonspecific word "King" appears only once (BTW, some folks consider Satan as their "King").

The personal pronouns "I, me, my, or mine" occur 21 times.

Nonspecific pronouns such as "you and your" plus the contraction "you're" occur only 8 times. Although they supposedly refer to an unspecified deity, they could apply to anyone.

The lyrics mention the one in need 12 times:

1. Wandering
2. Longing
3. Dreams gone astray
4. Stranded
5. Tired
6. Alone
7. Lost my way
8. Weak
9. Darkness
10. Fear
11. Storm of life
12. Thunder

The lyrics also mention an unnamed entity, supposedly an unspecified deity, 15 times:

1. Mountain
2. Mercy sets free
3. Strong tower
4. Shelter
5. Beautiful
6. Mighty
7. Everlasting King
8. Strong tower
9. Fortress
10. True
11. Holy
12. Face
13. Refuge
14. Hope
15. Speak softly

Because the lyrics do not mention God, Jesus, Christ, Holy Spirit, or Savior, they could imply anyone or any deity. Moreover, the lyrics mention the one in need 33 times (21+12), compared to 23 times (8+15) for the unspecified deity.

If this is a song that is supposed to praise and glorify God, it focuses more on self and fails to mention His name. So you seek, it actually could be used by Satanists because of its nonspecific sentiment.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(no login)

me, me, me, I'm in love with me, me, me! Remember?

April 29 2007, 9:38 PM 

I, too, copied the song and made the ME bold.
then I made your in blue.
And then I trashed it after getting sick.

This IS the meaning of all selfl composed praise songs.
Me is the object and the performance is ME - centered.

I also noted the whiney-piney self pity
and concluded the man has no faith at all and less manliness.

If he were a disciple He would use the
songs written by the Spirit of Christ.

I can see the performers and feel all of
my testesterone being drained.

Many ancient writers claim that poets and
song writers by definition lie because they are
several removes from the truth and the style
is identified by John as Sorcery because someone
intends to keep your eyes OFF Jesus.

The ZOE movement of Looking to the Hills
literally lies aboutthe Bible and ADVISES that
we look to the HILLS GODS rather than to the
creator of the hills.

Thanks for a good review.

Respond to this message   
Joe Spivy
(no login)

Analysis of Strong Tower

April 30 2007, 4:20 PM 

Some have mentioned "problems" with the lyrics of the song "Strong Tower."

"God" is not mentioned anywhere... So let's throw out Esther.

It's "whiney" and has too many references to "I" and "me"... so let's throw out many of the Psalms.

The "King" and the "you" could apply to anyone (some might even apply it to Satan!)... of course the biblically illiterate may be unaware of the many similarities between the words found in the song and those found in a book often referred to as the book of Psalms (see just a few examples below).

I assume all those who have commented above are biblically literate and their comments arise more out of their dislike for "Christian Rock" (which I don't particularly like either) than out of any conviction that the phrases below are really somehow "Satanic" (unless you wish to ascribe to divinely inspired literature such a description).

Strong tower (Psalm 61)
Wandered (“whining?”—they cried out) (Psalm 107)
Stranded in the Valley (Psalm 23)
Tired and All Alone (Like the “bird” of Psalm 102:7)
Your mountain (Psalm 43:3)
Aren’t sure who the "King" is? (Psalm 24:7-8)
Your face is all I seek (Psalm 27:8)

You don't like Christian Rock, fine. You don't like the song, fine. You can't see how these words have any value (I'm not speaking of the performance of the song but rather the words to the song as shared above), fine.

Personally, I would rather have more overt mentions of "God" or "Lord" or "Father" as is usually (but not always) found in inspired material (Bible). However, much of what is found above seems to be more a display of a bias against Christian Rock (which is not completely unfounded) than it is a critical consideration of the words to the song.

God bless.

Joe

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Analysis of Strong Tower

May 1 2007, 10:06 AM 

Joe, nice try rationalizing all the "hidden" meanings allegedly present in the song, but admit it, "Strong Tower" is a bit too self-centered. It seems that many of the "modern" songs today stress the I, me, my, and mine over God. You would think that a song praising God would at least mention His name.

Those who know little to nothing of God would have difficulty identifying exactly to whom the song refers. If "modern" Christian songs want to evangelize, then they should be more direct about identifying God/Christ by name, Who He is, and how to become a Christian.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(no login)

Esther

April 30 2007, 7:34 PM 

Firstly, I have never heard a singy-clappy who had ever gave evidence of reading Esther. Paul commanded and all faithful practiced teaching THAT WHICH HAS BEEN TAUGHT: we don't need for God to be mentioned where they were pretty sure that they had left God in a box in a house in Jerusalem.

Nextly, I have never heard a church obeying DIRECT COMMANDS to SPEAK that which is written where SPEAK is the opposite of poetry or music.

Thenly, maybe you need to read the 11th chapter of Esther!

MEly, I don't WANDER around like a lost calf anymore; too bad about those trying to seek the FACE of God or get LIFTED UP into His presence by the Musical Elevators.

Respond to this message   
CCRM-Concerned
(no login)

Mentioning “Jehovah” does not sell

May 2 2007, 11:41 AM 

The premise that Christian Rock music is out there purposely for money-making ventures makes it the more important to mention the name of our Lord as a distinguishing mark that provides identification with our Father in heaven. The reality is that mentioning Jehovah will NOT sell.

“Strong tower” could easily apply to the female’s romantic partner who is either male or female. “Wandered”—Hmmm…. “Stranded in the valley”; “tired and all alone”—what’s going on here? The mention of these words and phrases found in Psalms is insufficient as they are commonly used in various cultures as well.

I am reminded of numerous Christian Rock musical pieces considered “praises” in certain congregations that have succumbed to cultural pressures. “You are the darling of my heart”; “Oh, I was made for this to know your tender kiss”; “I felt your warm embrace”; “I was made to love you, Jesus”; “Will I dance for you, Jesus”; “Oh my music makes you dance”; “You are the only One for me”; etc., etc.

Many of the Christian Rock musical pieces are very difficult for congregational singing. As written for the Performing Arts Center, often only the SOLOIST or the elite Praise Team is capable of excellent performances—thus, clapping gets in the act and the subsequent applause is inevitable.

Many of the Christian Rock musical pieces are written with the accompaniment of musical instruments. To incorporate such musical pieces into the reverential worship will obviously demand the man-contrived “Worship Leader” to do something to keep up with the musical beat, etc.; … and I believe you get the picture.

I believe that we need to review the initial post and honestly study and analyze as to which one or ones of the criteria determine the Rock music to fail.

Respond to this message   
TMP
(no login)

Re: Mentioning “Jehovah” does not sell

May 3 2007, 3:20 AM 

Don't you have better things to argue about? Every genre of Christian music has songs of varying quality and reflects the "contemporary" music of the day. Old hymns sound like classical music, since they were written by people with names like Handel and Bach. Songs from the 50's sound like big band. The bass line in "He Bore It All" sounds like trombones on parade. Many of the praise songs of today have a "pop" feel to them. Some of my favorite songs are old hymns. One reason is only the best have survived through the years. A good number of songs we are singing today will be forgotten in a few years. Are there songs today that are too inward focused? I'm sure there are, but the exegesis of the "Strong Tower" song above takes a particularly prejudiced mind to make the case for that one. Modern songs don’t have the monopoly on self centeredness. There are plenty of self focused songs I have memory of growing up. "I'm satisfied with a cottage below...but in that city...I want a gold one that silver lined!" Talk about self centered!

One of the reasons I like many of the praise songs today is because they are God-centered and based straight out of scripture. I could list lyrics to songs such as “Lamb of God” or “Blessed be the Name” that I believe are much more focused on God than pretty much anything I grew up singing in church. But I know it wouldn't do any good. Dr. Bill would try to find some angle to prove that they are really evil and Ken would babble about the Whore of Babylon or Zeus or something. But what I can tell you is that when I was going through an extremely difficult time in my life when my girlfriend was killed in a car wreck while I was driving, I almost gave up on God. The part of church that helped the most wasn't the sound doctrine I heard from the pulpit, or the King James prayers, or the "high church" songs, but it was the praise songs. Whenever I hear the song "Shout to the Lord" even today it brings back memories of that dark time and how I feel God used these songs to get me through. I nearly wore out a Steven Curtis Chapman CD, played his song "Free" probably hundreds of times.

So when I see a post saying "Jehovah doesn't sell" or "Strong Tower" could be a song to Satan, I do chuckle a little when I see how perspective can prejudice your opinion of things. Bill, I still encourage you to travel to a developing country and spend a few weeks using your physician skills in a village where the average salary is a dollar a day. I believe it may change your perspective on what is important and where you spend your energies. I know it has mine.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

May 3 2007, 1:06 PM 

What does getting through a hard time by listening to praise songs have to do with the fact that songs that omit or downplay the names of Jehovah, God, Jesus, Christ, Holy Spirit, and Savior sell better than those that boldly proclaim those names? Generic songs that downplay anything "religious" naturally sell better than truly strong, Christian songs that boldly tell of the Gospel of Christ and how to be saved by obedience to Him. "Christian" songs that have a hint of romance and sex also sell better than purely "doctrinal" songs. The same applies to the literary industry. Books based on sex and romance sell well. Books based on truth, goodness, and righteous do NOT sell well. Those composing "Christian" songs should have the conviction to proclaim the Gospel boldly and be less concerned with producing that which will fill their pockets with cash. I've also gotten the impression that those who prefer "Christian" songs that lack definitive references to Jehovah, God, Jesus, Christ, Holy Spirit, and Savior do so because they prefer the physical BEAT and the fast or seductive rhythms often present in such songs.

What does getting through a hard time by listening to praise songs have to do with the fact that "Christian" songs that are devoid of much of any real references to Jehovah, God, Jesus, Christ, Holy Spirit, and our Savior can be used by non-Christians, even Satanists, for their own purposes, because the songs are too generic and/or self-centered?

And finally, what does TMP's suggestion that I start practicing medicine in Africa have to do with anthing about "Christian" music? It's like s/he ran out of steam and couldn't find anything else to blow up about, so s/he threw a personal attack.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

May 3 2007, 12:10 PM 

Good points. If songs that frequently mention the names of Jehovah, God, Jesus, Christ, Holy Spirit, and Savior do not sell well among the general public, then "Christian" artists surmise that songs that downplay "religion" but that incorporate a "romantic" or perhaps even a borderline erotic slant will rake in the big bucks. In other words, sex, even a hint of it, sells.

Yes, if the "Christian" rock music industry wants the world to sit up and take notice, it has to make its "Christian" music more appealing to the world. Romans 12:2; James 4:4; 1 John 2:15-17.

Respond to this message   
rb
(Login rbstirman)

Another song

May 3 2007, 8:58 PM 

Bill,

Please use your above method an disect this somewhat popular song,

RB

Amazing grace! (how sweet the sound)
That sav’d a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

’Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears reliev’d;
How precious did that grace appear,
The hour I first believ’d!

Thro’ many dangers, toils and snares,
I have already come;
’Tis grace has brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.

When we've been here ten thousand years -
bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise -
then when we've first begun.

May be my math, but I only count ONE God reference and may personal pronouns.

Respond to this message   
CCRM-Concerned
(no login)

Is it performed in the night/social/dance club?

May 4 2007, 1:11 PM 

This song is popular in the religious world. It would rather be strange or out of place to sing it or even perform it with instruments in a night club or social club or dance club. It is for a similar reason that the name of Jehovah does not sell (in this case, “God” is capitalized). And your math is correct—one to reference in the song is quite sufficient.

If this should satisfy as an explanation, not all “hymns” in just any “hymnbook” deserve the merit to be called hymns, either. There are certain so-called “hymns” even in those hymnals published in the brotherhood and used in churches of Christ that do not qualify as “psalms and hymns and spiritual songs” that the New Testament would teach—doctrinally speaking. There’s a very good reason that the one who leads or starts songs in the assembly has the responsibility of selecting songs that are doctrinally sound.

Therefore, from that standpoint, it is even more of a serious issue when “songs” are derived from Christian “Rock” musical selections. Having said that, I must confess that I am hopeful that there will be certain ones (not many) from the Christian “Rock” music industries that will be included someday in our hymnbooks—but reservedly because they have passed the biblical screen tests mentioned in the beginning of this thread.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Another song

May 4 2007, 1:25 PM 

Although "Amazing Grace" suffers from too many personal pronouns, it does mention "grace" quite a few times (hence the appropriate title) and "God" once. That's a considerable improvement over "Srong Tower," which mentions neither "grace" nor "God" (nor or any of His other names) even once. The other attributes mentioned in "Strong Tower" are generic and could apply to virtually any deity. Even pagans often see their kings as gods and their idols as "holy." And those who worship Satan regard him as "King" and "holy."

As far as I can determine, no other religion in the world, not even Satanism, has a doctrine of salvation by grace through faith and obedience as does Christianity. Therefore, a song that definitively mentions God with as many references to His grace as "Amazing Grace" does can only point to Christianity.

The point to remember is that songs that emphasize God, Jesus, Christ, Jehovah, Holy Spirit, and Savior will be more effective evangelistic tools in the long run than songs that passively downplay God. Of course, songs emphasizing God and Christianity may not sell as well as songs that omit His names or that vaguely hint at Christianity. Praising God by definitively addressing Him and winning souls for Christ should be the ultimate objective for writing Christian songs, not in producing whatever it takes to stuff one's pockets with cash.

Respond to this message   
Amazed
(no login)

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

May 4 2007, 4:25 PM 

Oh, this is good. If anyone ever asks me to define "legalism", I will send them to this thread. I posted the lyrics to Strong Tower, a CLEARLY Christian rock song for the purpose of showing that (contrary to the title of this thread) Christian Rock is not Satanic.

A few days later, I check back, and a couple of you "defenders of the faith because God is not strong enough to defend it Himself" have legalistically and inaccurately picked it apart. Your conclusion? "Yep. It's Satanic. Or at least it MIGHT be."

Wow. Only a moron who does not have a hint of Christian education and experience would read those lyrics, or hear that song, and come to that conclusion. I am truly amazed (pardon the pun). I really am.

***For Entertainment Purposes Only***

Dissect this. Yet ANOTHER "Satanic" Christian rock song:

Tree 63- "Look What You've Done For Me"

Look what You've done for me
Your blood has set me free
Jesus my Lord look what You've done for me

I haven't been the same
Ever since that day I called Your name
Yahweh
Yahweh Look What You've done for me

What can I do for You my Lord?
I want You to know my heart is Yours
It's not a question of what You can do for me
But what can I do for You my Lord?

Up to Your cross I crawled
Now I am standing teen feet tall
Jesus my saviour look what You've done for me

Free at last I'm free
I owe You my life completely
Yahweh
Yahweh look what You've done for me

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

HA HA HA HA Back At Ya

May 5 2007, 1:07 AM 

My, my. Amazed drips with hateful sarcasm and calls us "morons" because we knocked down "Strong Tower," a song that could use much improvement because it neglects God by name and is much too self-centered. If Amazed auditioned for American Idol and got knocked down there, I could just imagine him exploding at the judges as some of the other kids do in a tizzy of childish, immature sarcasm: "Only morons who don't have a hint of musical education and experience..."

Amazed apparently can't see the real difference between the lyrics to "Strong Tower," which is self-centered and doesn't mention God even once, and the lyrics to "Look What You've Done for Me." Although the latter lyrics still manifest the "Me Me Me" attitude of a self-centered generation, they are actually better overall than "Strong Tower," because they at least mention Jesus, Savior, Yahweh, and the cross. Does Amazed think that is "satanic"?

Respond to this message   
The Returner
(no login)

Take My Life

May 6 2007, 9:51 PM 

Verse 1:
Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.

Verse 2:
Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet, and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

Verse 3:
Take my voice, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
Filled with messages from Thee.

Verse 4:
Take my silver and my gold:
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect, and use
Ev'ry pow'r as Thou shalt choose.
Ev'ry pow'r as Thou shalt choose.

Verse 5:
Take my will, and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine;
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.
It shall be Thy royal throne.

Verse 6:
Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store;
Take myself, and I will be,
Ever, only, all for Thee.
Ever, only, all for Thee.

Words: Frances R. Havergal 1874.

Let's use the logic that (Crazy) Kenny Sublet and Brother Billy have been using. Well, verse 1 is obviously someone pledging their lives to some entity...probably Pan and his flute girls. Verse 2 is obviously some kind of sexual favor, and man is it graphic. In verse 3 we find out that it's just some kind of king that they've pledged to they're trying to arouse him with their implied good singing voice. Verse 4 has this pledger giving everything they have to this king (who is nameless) and wanting the king to have their way with them. Verse 5 is obviously just a way for the pleger to show his/her wanting to be more like this king who has his way with people. Verse 6 just sounds kinky...I mean really, the feet? Oh wait, I took this song completely out of context, it's really talking about Jesus. I messed up big time, don't I look just downright foolish?

Wasn't that a good acting job of a terrible theology?

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter