Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

What Is an "Interactive Easter Sunday Drama Worship"?

April 19 2009, 7:10 PM 

Someone has asked, "Just curious - What is an "interactive" Easter service?"

My response:

It may be a uniquely Madison church of Christ term. The full expression is: "Interactive Easter Sunday Drama Worship." To me and possibly to many people, "interactive" means "online."

If other mega churches of Christ do not use the expression, they may be too far advanced into Community Church-ism, and Madison (perhaps much more "conservative" by other congregations' standards) may still be catching on or catching up. It is possible that Madison may have given up such "transformation" [into Community Church-ism] and is only [still] attempting to recover from its big loss

This is only my guess -- that Madison has been struggling and torn between becoming a full-fledged Community Church and remaining in the fellowship of churches of Christ. [We know what has become of Madison in the process -- a sad and unfortunate situation.]

My [own] opinion is that because the designated "traditional" assembly has not yet been infected with the pagan-originated "Easter Sunday" festivities and does not have an "Easter Sunday Drama," the "contemporary" assembly is the division that practices the "Easter Sunday" festival, coupled with, of course, the "Easter Drama."

The "contemporary" division has had its traditional [pun intended] "interactive drama worship" since the upheaval in 2001. I believe that it's an attempt to convince others (the community, the brotherhood, its membership) that it's NOT EXACTLY the annual Easter Sunday celebration because the observance of the Lord's Supper is done somewhere in there while the Easter Drama is going on. Such participation [partaking of the Lord's Supper], while attendants are watching the dramatists PERFORM, is what makes it "interactive."

But the bottom line is that the Easter Sunday Drama Worship, while only to a very small degree "interactive," is essentially a PERFORMANCE-driven affair. Solo, duet, quarter and "church of Christ" CHOIR [a.k.a. "Praise Team"] and the drama PERFORMERS comprise a major portion of the assembly's activities.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(no login)

If the "traditional" were to become a "contemporary worship" also?

June 7 2010, 5:06 PM 

The 2010 Interactive Easter Drama Worship was not so dramatic. Is "drama worship" not exciting anymore? The drama actors [pretenders] graduating from the class yearly? Tired of the same plot from year to year? How many variations can there be possibly? Maybe, the drama, the Easter drama in particular or the Christmas drama, is in its waning moments? Good thing is that pretense does not live forever; but the truth does.

With regard to the above subject matter, here's something that has not happened before to the best of my recollection. [And it would never happen in a congregation that is really united -- a congregation of the same mind and judgment.] The "Worship Guide" for June 6, 2010 had its "First Worship, 8 a.m." and "Second Worship, 10:30 a.m." programs reversed.

Can you imagine if the "traditional" folks were singing some 11 contemporary songs (with the exception of one verse of "Fairest Lord Jesus") ... and witnessing solo or trio and RHYTHMIC clapping performances ... and just listening to the Praise Team singing for them?

Can you imagine if the "contemporary" congregants were singing some 6 hymns that they have practically forgotten how to sing? [Side note: it is sad and unfortunate when the "contemporary musical worship leader" is having to explain the "background" of an UNFAMILIAR "old hymn" and allow the co-worship leaders, including the women, from the Praise Team, to LEAD.

Of course, that was all a misprint. Each assembly recognized either its own "hymns" or its own "contemporary music."

Church leaders will find a way to explain all this "division" in a congregation as "unity in diversity"? Really? Which takes precedence? Man's way to explain away "unity in diversity" to make it socially and culturally acceptable? Or God's way -- that they be "of the same mind and of the same judgment"? Which one>

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(no login)

Unity in Diversity

June 8 2010, 12:22 AM 

I continue to believe that just a few of us have landed on the planet of the apes after long time travel. Imagine that we see that the guys and gals have a whole Bible and they have records that it is a magical scroll.

They find that each book and chapter has a heading much like the operating instructions for an old nucler power plant that would solve all of their needs and stop the wars between the black monkeys and the white monkeys.

So, they set up a complicated institution with seven levels of staff infection. Everyone assembles at each appointed hour and those few who have gone through extensive training and received their degrees on old human skins, rises up to the podium and reads and explains just the LABELS on each book. His rationale is that the real text of the magical scrolls is too dangerous even to be read out loud. So, with training in Sermonizing Labels and Tables of Content and Indices, he holds forth in a complex sham of deception. The people love to hear labels read, explained and even set to music. This is so thrilling that they are willing to give the Pontificating Primates more of their food money than the IRS.

The only problem is, that in the course of time a giant spaceship hums over the local Caves of the Monkey Clans and waits for a short period of time and then closes its doors and zips off. Shortly thereafter, all of the hidden treasures of old dinosaurs turned to tar begins to break through the crust all over the world. It ignites and the whole thing goes up in flames.

What happened is this: the Pontificating Primates made such a good living from preaching and singing LABELS that the people didn't know the details of how to lift off and join the great chariot in the sky.

We think that silly? Why? The WORLD and the WISE are a different race and God HIDES Himselves from them. The WISE are the singers, clappers and pickers of favorite spots and THEY know just enough to make themselves into a laughingstock--as with the musical idolatry at Mount Sinai--and we simple people who don't know any better than to read the text as it is written, HEAR the message of God in Christ while the sorcerers--singers, clappers, pickers--are cast into the lake of fire with the DOGS or Catamites Paul warned about in Philippians 3.

So, here is some stuff on the SEVEN ONES or Unity in diversity which ACTUAL to we simple minds OUTLAWS the very people the Madison elders have INVITED into the sheepfold.

http://www.piney.com/Ephesians.4.Unity.in.Diversity.html

I know for a fact that all of the musical discorders are STRONGLY DELUDED to make LYING WONDERS (the performance worship thingy) OR they are terminally EVIL. Either way, Christ in Isaiah 55 says DON'T FEED THEIR FACE. You are literally feeding the THING rather than fighting it. That is why most people are APES in their native earth and we few be PLANTS God set out to grow in the midst of weeds.

Respond to this message   
Rocnar
(no login)

Re: Unity in Diversity

June 8 2010, 10:20 AM 

Ken, with all the rain, I hear the crops at the Farm in Summertown are doing real well this season. Short drive for you Ken. Do you do much trading with them old Hippies?............just kidding!

Respond to this message   
Ken
(no login)

Re: Unity in Diversity

June 8 2010, 3:24 PM 

No: I have never been to the Farm. The Mennonites have a farm store out that way and my wife usually finds them in town selling produce. Earlier, there were many kids of the rich and famous at the farm: Dinah Shore's black daughter used to stop by and chat with mom. I think they may not be the same pot smoking, rattle snake loving bunch of hippies anymore.

When I planned to build a house on my farm I hired a young Mennonite as the main man and he picked up laborers when needed. As I remember he cost $11.00 an hour and helpers 7.50 an hour: building supplies were about half of todays cost. A previous gulf storm sucked up all of the plywood just after I finished my house.

Before diabetes we used to show up at sorghum cooking time.

I saw one of my Mennonite helpers at the airport and he had broken up his ultralight trying to learn how to fly it in the cornfield: he was there to get some more training. His name is Beachy and there is a Beachy sect of Mennonites: they were the ones wiped out in a van going to a wedding.

You cannot trust the "brothers" like you can the Mennonites

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter