Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

“Are Change Agents Bad People?”

July 16 2007 at 10:26 AM
ConcernedMembers  (no login)
from IP address 170.141.109.33

-----Original Message-----
From: [fortify_your_faith@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf of John Waddey
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2007 7:28 PM
To: fortify_your_faith@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [fortify_your_faith] A Lesson to Fortify Your Faith - 07/14/07

THE CONVICTION IT TAKES TO WIN

Dear Fellow Member of the Lord's Church:

Today we send a lesson on the conviction we must have if we are to win the struggle with the forces that threaten the integrity of the church. We are also including our response to a letter—a regarding change agents. Please share these with other Christians.

— John Waddey

THE CONVICTION IT TAKES TO WIN

Before this generation passes one of two things will have occurred:

1. The change agents will have been met, defeated and routed, or
      2. They will have prevailed and the church we love will be left a broken and scattered remnant.

The victory will not be easily won, nor will the conflict be won by armchair soldiers. It will only be gained if a courageous and dedicated band of Christian soldiers commit themselves, without reservation, to their Lord and the welfare of his kingdom.

When the patriot fathers launched the revolution that gave birth to this nation, they pledged their "sacred honor, wealth and lives" to that cause (Declaration of Independence). It will take that same degree of dedication and commitment to save the church from the juggernaut of error that now threatens to destroy her.

Paul was willing to spend and be spent for the Cause he loved (II Cor. 12:15). Christ loved the church and gave himself up for it (Eph. 5:25). To win this battle that spirit must take hold of our hearts.

• Truth must take precedence over error, no matter how popular the error may be.

• Loyalty to Christ must take priority over loyalty to men and institutions, no matter how strong the bonds of friendship and affection may be.

• The authority of Scriptures must preempt the will of men in all matters relating to our faith, worship and practice (Gal. 1:10). To preach, to accept, to tolerate another gospel is more than a simple choice it is to be alienated from and anathema to God (Gal. 1:8).

• The kingdom of Christ must be cherished more than jobs, brotherhood recognition, popularity and worldly success. If we are striving to please men (we) should not be servants of Christ (Gal. 1:10).

• "The old paths" of Scripture must be valued more than the new paths of the "change agents" (Jer. 6:16). The old came from Christ; they are plainly set forth in Scripture. They can be followed in full confidence. The new paths of the professors of change have as their authority the uninspired assertions of men who aren't sure about the inerrancy of God's Word (See God's Holy Fire, By K. L. Cukrowski, M. W. Hamilton and J. W. Thompson of Abilene Christian University, pub. By ACU Press, pp. 39-44). Nor are they sure of the primacy of the New Covenant of Christ over the Old Covenant of Moses.

The battle being thrust upon us will be intense. It will result in the rise and fall of many in the Israel of God. False teachers who have already attained positions of power and influence are not likely to meekly surrender and walk away. It will require spiritual warfare on a large scale to dislodge them. As in Gideon's day, many will have no stomach for the conflict. The outcome will depend on a Gideon's band of 300 brave men to meet and rout them. The most pressing question of the day is where will you be found in the day of battle?

ARE CHANGE AGENTS BAD PEOPLE?

Bro. Waddey:

Yesterday, I heard a man speak. He seems to really love Christ and follows the Bible. He is also from a college. But I think he is one of the change agents but he seems so nice. —Katrina

Dear Katrina:

Occasionally we hear of a person who desperately wants to be a doctor. He/she loves people and wants to help them. However, because of faulty training, or lack of competence, the person ends up hurting rather than helping his/her patients. Some of them even die.

I have no doubt that many of the younger people who have eagerly embraced the change agenda and are promoting it in our congregations love Christ and are sincerely trying to do good things for his kingdom. Many of them have had poor religious training others are not mature spiritual leaders. Consequently, they ended up hurting the church.

Some do so by leading the people away from God's appointed way, rather than encouraging them to follow it (II Pet. 2:15).

Some do so by causing chaos, confusion and division in churches where they are able to stir up a few members for their agenda and there is tension and strife between those who wish to worship and believe as they always have and those who clamor for something new and different (Rom. 16:17-18).

Paul was sincerely wrong in persecuting the church (Acts 23:1). A person can be sincerely wrong today in his/her spiritual understanding and do great harm to the church.

— John Waddey

E-Mail: johnwaddey@aol.com

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
ConcernedMembers
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

“WHO IS HAVING AN IDENTITY CRISIS?”

August 13 2007, 7:05 AM 

-----Original Message-----
From: [fortify_your_faith@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf of John Waddey
Sent: Saturday, August 11, 2007 5:49 PM
To: fortify_your_faith@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [fortify_your_faith] A Lesson to Fortify Your Faith - 08/11/07

WHO IS HAVING AN IDENTITY CRISIS?

Dear Friends in Christ:

Today we respond to those who speak and write about Christians having an identity conflict. They leave the impression that everyone in the Church of Christ is experiencing such a crisis. They look in the mirror and see their own confusion and that that every one is similarly afflicted. Please pass this on to all your fellow-Christians.

— John Waddey

WHO IS HAVING AN IDENTITY CRISIS?

The March 2007 issue of The Christian Chronicle featured an article by Bobby Ross, headed, "Churches Face 'Identity Crisis.'" To prove his point he interviewed a number of people associated with churches caught up in the change movement. They do have an identity crisis. Comments from those from traditional churches of Christ, suggest they don't seem to have the problem.

Among the painful doubts that must be faced by Christians who are caught in the currents of change are the following:

• Am I a member of the church which Christ built and will save, or am I a member of a church established by Alexander Campbell and Barton Stone, neither of whom can save me?

• Am I a Christian in the biblical sense of that word, or am I a Protestant Evangelical?

• If the Church of Christ is actually a denomination, as our change agents say, then what right do have we to exist?

• Must my loved ones be baptized to receive God's saving grace, or will they get to heaven without baptism?

• Are Protestant and Catholic Churches equally pleasing to God as the Church of Christ? If so why should I stay with the Church of Christ?

• Has my previous faith and worship been Bible centered or has it been all a matter of human tradition?

• Can I trust my Bible as the inspired and inerrant Word of God, or does it contain mistakes and contradictions?

• Was the Christian faith once for all times delivered to the church (Jude 3), or does it have to be changed and adjusted when new world-views arise?

• Are the commands and prohibitions of God to be understood as absolutes or are they all relative and left up to me to accept or reject?

• Were my grandparents and parents true Christians when they heard the gospel, believed it, repented of their sins and were immersed for the forgiveness of their sins?

• If a Christian woman insists that the prohibition against women teaching or having authority over men (I Tim. 2:11-12) does not apply to her and proceeds to do that, is she defying God? Is it a sin to defy God?

• If the congregation of the Church of Christ in which I grew up and was baptized should change its name, change its worship and faith, is it still a Church of Christ?

• If the preacher and elders of my congregation are introducing new and strange teachings and practices that I cannot verify by scripture, do I sin by staying with them?

• If we can use the Old Testament to justify the use of instruments in music, could we not also use it to justify the burning of incense and candles, having a separate priesthood and special garments for them?

• If because God does not say "Thou shalt not use instruments" we can use them, could we not baptize babies since He does not say "Thou shalt not baptize babies?"

• If the New Testament is not the law of Christ, how should I understand those verses that speak of the law of Christ (Gal. 6:2)?

• If we borrow mystical practices of meditation and contemplation from pagans, does that make us in some way pagan?

• If the Church of Christ is so terribly flawed, as my change teachers insist, and if denominational churches are so wonderful and good, why should I stay with the bad rather than go to that which is better?

• Am I being honest and truthful if I accept a position with a traditional Church of Christ when my intentions are to change them into a contemporary, denominational church.

Disciples who are forced to wrestle with such profound questions are going to face an identity crisis. If they have unseared consciences they might even feel shame, guilt or remorse. We can expect to see many of them leave the Church of Christ and gravitate to denominational bodies. Some will drift into churches with "New Age" tendencies and mystical practices. Those who know the truth of God and believe and act upon it will have no such conflict (John 8:32). They will continue to strive to practice in their lives and discipleship the teachings of Christ as revealed in the New Testament (Matt. 28:20). They will know they are members of Christ's one true church (Matt. 16:18) and they will seek to bring others to the Savior and his church. When all around them is change and decay, they will hold to God's unchanging hand. They will look to his unchanging Son and chart their course by His unchanging Word (Matt. 24:35).

E-Mail: johnwaddey@aol.com

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter