Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

"The Wall of Shame"

January 11 2009 at 4:52 PM
John Waddey  (Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison
from IP address 70.156.25.61

Dear Readers:

The church is in the midst of a battle that will determine her future. Will she continue to be the church founded by Christ or will she become a "Christian Church" or an Evangelical denomination? Although she has many enemies in the world, the enemy in this conflict is within her own ranks. They claim to members of the Church of Christ but are working ceaselessly to deconstruct her faith, her worship, her very existence. If you find today's lesson helpful, please forward it to others.

-John Waddey

==========================================

THE WALL OF SHAME

To honor their heroes, men build "Halls of Fame." To expose rogues and rascals some have created "Walls of Shame."

Among those who deserve to have their names on a wall of shame are those who have inflicted wounds on the church, the body of Christ (Eph. 1:22). Over the years a numerous band of villains have earned a place on the Wall of Shame. Historically there have been persecutors and oppressors, heretics and corrupters of the faith. There have been factious men and schismatics. Some have been ambitious for power and recognition. Others have used the church for their own enrichment. Still others have used her as a cloak to hid their sins.

Today, we nominate those contemporary leaders of the church who have opted to introduce instrumental music into their worship of God. You might be thinking, but surely there are far worse sins than the use of an instrument of music in worship. In one sense this is true. Atheism, or denial of Christ as the divine Son, is a greater sin. To blaspheme God or to curse his name is surely worse. But comparing one sin with the other and concluding that my sin is not as bad as yours is nothing to be proud of. All sin is a transgression of God's law (I John 3:4). All sin is offensive to God. All sin that is not repented of and renounced will be punished!

For preachers and elders of a congregation of the Church of Christ to embrace the use of instrumental music is especially shameful. It is a betrayal of a trust committed to their hands (I Tim. 6:20). The Lord's church was seriously wounded and decimated by liberal-minded leaders in the waning years of the 19th and opening years of the twentieth centuries. Among their innovations was the use of instrumental music in worship. We lost some 85 percent of our congregations and members in that conflict. A valiant handful of faithful men and women stood their ground and refused to compromise. They girded up their loins and went to work to rebuild the Cause of Christ. Within 50 years, their sacrifices and struggles paid off. They recovered all that had been lost and surpassed in size and strength both the Disciples of Christ and the Christian Churches. From their apostate brethren and sectarian neighbors, they endured scorn and ridicule for their commitment to the ancient, biblical form of worship.

As that past generation finished their earthly course, they committed the Lord's church to the care and keeping of this present generation of preachers and elders. They had taught, baptized and nurtured them. But some of them have betrayed that trust and embraced the idol. If it were left to them, the Church of Christ would soon cease to exist on earth.

By adopting the use of instruments in worship they are casting aside a heritage. They do so to please the world, to gain the praise of men, hoping to attract people of the world who have little interest in conforming their worship to God's Word (Gal. 1:10). Their acceptance of instruments of music in worship implies that their fathers were wrong in their faith, worship and stand!

Most of them still cling to the sacred name "church of Christ" but they have renounced and abandoned aspects of the biblical faith, worship and practice ordained by the founder and head of the Church. They are like the unfaithful prophets in Jeremiah's day who "were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush" (Jer. 6:15). They should "bear their shame and their abomination which they have committed" (Ezek. 44:13). Their names should be known to all (Rom. 16:16). Most prominent of those who have begun to use instrumental music in their worship are:

• The Richland Hills Church of Christ, North Richland Hills, TX, Rick Atchley, minister
  • The Quail Springs Church of Christ, Oklahoma City, OK., Mark Henderson, minister.
  • Norway Ave. Church of Christ, Huntington, WV, Jeff Garrett, minister.
  • The Faithcross Church of Christ, (formerly Tomball Church of Christ) Tomball, TX.
  • Oak Hills Church (of Christ), San Antonio, TX, Max Lucado, minister.
  • The Farmers Branch Church of Christ, Dallas, TX, Chris Seidman, minister
  • The Northwest Church of Christ, Seattle, WA, Milton Jones, minister.
  • The Central Church of Christ Cocoa, FL. Don Adkins, minister
  • Metro Church of Christ, Orlando, FL, Don Holland, minister
  • Bridgeway Church (of Christ) Flowermound, TX, Art, McNeese, minister
  • The First Colony Church of Christ, Sugarland, TX, Ronnie Norman, minister

This list will grow as other congregations choose to walk this path. There are many leaders who really see nothing wrong with using instruments in worship. It is just a matter of time before join the pilgrimage to Baal's shrine.

E-Mail: johnwaddey@aol.com

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: "The Wall of Shame"

February 3 2009, 3:37 PM 

"For this reason the kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who wished to settle accounts with his slaves. When he had begun to settle them, one who owed him ten thousand talents was brought to him. But since he did not have the means to repay, his lord commanded him to be sold, along with his wife and children and all that he had, and repayment to be made. So the slave fell to the ground and prostrated himself before him, saying, 'Have patience with me and I will repay you everything.' And the lord of that slave felt compassion and released him and forgave him the debt. But that slave went out and found one of his fellow slaves who owed him a hundred denarii; and he seized him and began to choke him, saying, 'Pay back what you owe.' So his fellow slave fell to the ground and began to plead with him, saying, 'Have patience with me and I will repay you.' But he was unwilling and went and threw him in prison until he should pay back what was owed. So when his fellow slaves saw what had happened, they were deeply grieved and came and reported to their lord all that had happened. Then summoning him, his lord said to him, 'You wicked slave, I forgave you all that debt because you pleaded with me. Should you not also have had mercy on your fellow slave, in the same way that I had mercy on you?' And his lord, moved with anger, handed him over to the torturers until he should repay all that was owed him." (NASB, MAtthew 18:23-34)

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Hall Of Shame

April 9 2009, 12:33 PM 

No longer worth the energy. It's a non-argument boys and girls. I'm sure God has been shaking his head in disbelief over this one for years. If you don't want instruments in your church, the answer is easy. Don't use them. Leave the rest of us out of your distractions.

Respond to this message   
Donnie
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Shameless

April 9 2009, 9:41 PM 

You are correct, Annie; the answer is very easy: we do not use those inanimate, lifeless, soul-less musical devices and we leave the rest of "you" alone. That's right; we have no control over the rest of "you." Some of "you" have now affiliated with the Christian Church [yes, instrumental]; and some of "you" are now "Community Churches."

What needs clarification, however, is your use of the expression "the rest of us." Just be sure the list of "the rest of us" includes those congregations that have apostatized -- they're listed in the initial message posted above -- and that 99.88888% of the 18,000 churches of Christ worldwide has remained loyal to His church and to His teachings.

Therefore, "the rest of you" will be left alone.

Respond to this message   
Bill Harris
(no login)

FSM

August 5 2009, 3:05 AM 

All you christians are the same. You all have to be right no matter how wrong you are. I'm doing a research paper for a critical thinking class and the many of you are able to twist and distort peoples words is incredible. Then you have a list of churches that are suppose to be bad. What happened to your 'love'? Even the key that I will hit to post this little message ends with a '!'. You all say that hate is of the world, and yet you can't take two seconds to look at yourself. Why me and millions of others will continue to not believe. As I'm sure that even in peoples response to this they will curse me, or I may even be edited out. This site is too biased and overly controlled. Just like all of you. Thanks for the help with my paper. I'll make sure to so my friends this site so that they can laugh as much as I have. All Hail FSM!

Respond to this message   
teresa
(no login)

Re: Shameless

September 12 2010, 10:21 PM 

nuff said.amen

Respond to this message   
lyle
(no login)

please add to the wall

August 28 2009, 7:31 AM 

PLease add to this wall
4th avenue C of C. Franklin Tx. Instruments and female leadership.

Respond to this message   
James
(no login)

Another Church breaks the bonds of Legalism

August 29 2009, 10:45 AM 

I am sure that church will be relieved to be on the list and no longer bound to the ties of the legalists that run rampant in the Lord's Church!

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

More relieved if and when....

August 29 2009, 6:56 PM 

You're correct, James, in that "the Lord's Church" bears the name of its builder, Christ.

To be "no longer bound to [its former] ties" and to be really relieved to be on the list, the elders of that congregation should remove or drop the name "of Christ" so that there won't be any confusion. Then, it becomes a matter of that church being associated with the Christian Church denomination or with the Community Church Movement.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(no login)

MUSIC is the only meaning of LEGALISM.

August 29 2009, 9:07 PM 

A musical instrument is defined as a "machine for doing hard work mostly in making war." It certainly works to chase out the owners to steal their property? But, you really have no choice: music is the MARK of God driving His enemies into hell.

So you guys are HEARING the MARK of the beast which is defined as A NEW STYLE SONG OR DRAMA.

SORCERERS BURN, BABY.

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 72.171.0.146 on Sep 13, 2010 8:06 PM

Respond to this message   
clh
(no login)

Never cease to be amazed...

September 2 2009, 9:45 AM 

I bookmarked this site several years ago and was stunned at the time I first found it to see all of the hatred cast at one another in the name of God. What a disgrace! I haven't visited the site in a long time, simply because I found it sickening to read. But, for some reason, this morning I thought I would glance at it and see if anything had changed. Well, I guess that goes without saying because we all know that change is bad. That has been hammered into everyone who ever visits this site.

Some seem to just look for opportunities to post the same rambling rants over and over and over...Some post to show how intelligent and superior they are; how proud you must feel that God has chosen you to be his judge here on earth.

I wonder what would happen if you took this same amount of energy and put it into loving your neighbor as yourself, caring for the widows and orphans, feeding the poor, all the the things we are called to do? I see no expression of love in this site. How can you proclaim your love for God and spew nothing but arrogance and hatred?

With all of the hurt and destruction in the world, do you think God is really only worried about whether we are worshiping with a piano or not? How offended he must be to see you minimize his call to us to such trivial, petty things!

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Never cease to be amazed...

September 3 2009, 5:54 PM 

To those who think that worshipping with or without a musical instrument is "petty" or "moot" or that God couldn't give a hoot whether we worship with or without an instrument, I refer them to the following verse:

"But the very hairs of your head are all numbered" (Matt. 10:30 KJV).

Who numbered the hairs of your head? You? Certainly not. God did. What do numbers of hairs on heads have to do with musical instruments? The verse above shows just how much God pays attention to the small and minute things--things that man would consider to be "petty" and "moot." And if God is THAT aware of every hair on our heads, then He is also very aware whether we worship Him according to His commandments in the New Testament, or whether we do as we please and add anything and everything under the unscriptural excuse of "God didn't say not to." God specified vocal music (singing) in Christian worship, yet man says, "God didn't say not to add instruments." Don't you think that God cares one way or another whether man forges ahead and adds more to, or takes from, a command of God than what God specified therein (1 Cor. 4:6; Rev. 22:18-19)?

Respond to this message   
James
(no login)

Context

September 5 2009, 10:59 AM 

Sorry, but try using that verse in the context is was meant for. Christ was gearing his disciples up for their journies into Isreal as they will begin to do miracles and preach to those that do not believe. In chapter 10 he is talking about the truths to their mission and how it will not be an easy journey, but a hard one filled with pain and struggles. Then he says, but do not worry because you are more valuable to God than anything. He loves us all so much that in all that goes on in this world, he loves us enough to know exactly how many hairs are on each of our heads. This verse is not meant to be a warning but to be a showing of the deep love and commitment that God has for his children. Leave it to legalists to propagate a sentiment of love with a lesson of obedience to a tradition. Context people!

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

ADDING TO

September 13 2010, 6:33 PM 

When a person adds the Word of God by saying that instrumental music is a sin, when God has done no such a thing......they are the real sinners.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: ADDING TO

September 13 2010, 8:59 PM 

People who justify instrumenal music in Christian worship with the lame excuse of "God didn't say not to" add to the Word of God, because "God didn't say not to" does not exist in the New Testament. That phrase is a figment of worldly man's imagination.

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

God Didn't Say Not To

September 13 2010, 10:32 PM 

Speaking of a figment of one's imagination......who is saying that God didn't say not to???

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: God Didn't Say Not To

September 14 2010, 10:59 AM 

Is Dave telling us he's not familiar with the phrase "God didn't say not to" that some people use to defend IM in Christian worship? I don't think Dave is that naive--or is he? Perhaps Dave would have us believe he would never use that phrase to defend IM. Neither are we that naive. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Life is GOOD!

September 14 2010, 8:11 PM 

For Donnie----William Crump could care less about whether it is a typo or misspelling. He gets his jollies from finding either a typo or misspelling. When people retire you would think that they would develop worthwhile hobbies and pastimes. I would suggest that he spend time over at the different children hospitals, but why would someone do that if they don't believe that God can actually heal those beautiful kids??? Trying to defend William Crump on that one, Donnie, is going down with a sinking ship.

For William Crump...
You KNOW because you and the concerned members possy have discussed IM with me to no end and you KNOW that I have never used the phrase 'God didn't say not to.' I don't have to. Oh, and William, you used quotation marks after 'God didn't say not to.' If you didn't assign the saying/quote to a particular person (you had your chance to land that quote on me, but didn't have the nerve to do so). Perhaps this is a TESTAMENT (or is it testment?) to your not being near the english cop that you claim to be. Since you did NOT give the quote to a particular person then it CANNOT be used with " ".
What's gotten into you lately William?
Bad day? Week? Month?

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: ADDING TO

September 14 2010, 8:43 AM 

Some people say, "Speak where the Bible speaks and be silent where the Bible is silent." But then those same people turn around and put words into the mouth of God by saying, "God didn't say not to have instrumental music in Christian worship." That rationalization speaks where the New Testament is silent. People who embrace that rationalization add to the Word of God in the New Testment.

Respond to this message   
Rocnar
(no login)

Testament

September 14 2010, 11:24 AM 

Dr. Crump, what is a "Testment"(sic)? The English Cop is already on probation!

Dr. Crump, I am glad you are human and make mistakes like the rest of us. Have a good day! happy.gif

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter