Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

CHRIST'S REQUIREMENTS FOR SALVATION

December 30 2009 at 12:32 AM
Dr. Bill Crump  (no login)
from IP address 68.19.236.171

Denominationalists will say, "Jesus requires nothing from us for salvation," or they may say, "All we need to do is just believe/have faith, nothing more," or even, "Just trust in Christ's sacrifice alone; don't bother obeying Christ's commandments." Either these people really don't know that Christ has issued specific requirements for salvation, or their denominational traditions compel these people to deny Christ's requirements for salvation. Here are Christ's requirements for salvation with example references from the KJV:

1. HEAR THE GOSPEL
"And the gospel must first be published among all nations" (Mark 13:10).

"How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?" (Rom. 10:14).

2. FAITH.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16).

"And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:31).

Faith is certainly a highly important requirement for salvation, but it is by no means the only requirement. Without faith, we cannot comply with Christ's other requirements.

3. REPENTANCE.
"I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish" (Luke 13:3).

"Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord" (Acts 3:19).

4. CONFESS JESUS BEFORE MEN.
"Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven" (Matt. 10:32-33).

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation" (Rom 10:9-10).

5. BE BAPTIZED.
"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned" (Mark 16:16).

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost" (Acts 2:38).

"And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord" (Acts 22:16).

"The like figure whereunto [even] baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ" (1 Peter 3:21).

6. LIVE A CHRISTIAN LIFE IN OBEDIENCE UNTO CHRIST.
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven" (Matt. 7:21).

"If ye love me, keep my commandments" (John 14:15).

"And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power" (2 Thess. 1:7-9).

"Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him" (Heb. 5:8-9).

The first five requirements deal with the conversion process. A person cannot be saved until he is converted to Christianity and obeys the Gospel. After obeying the Gospel, a Christian must continue to obey the teachings of Christ for the rest of his life. Therefore, the sixth requirement comprises everything else that Christ commanded explicitly and through His apostles (for example, observing the Lord's Supper, helping the needy, visiting the sick, love thy neighbor, doing good for mankind, assembling together for worship, etc.). Collectively, all six are required for salvation. Of course, Christ knows if man's compliance is done faithfully and willingly or just for show.

Therefore, Christ requires that we hear the Gospel, followed by faith, repentance, confession, baptism, and a life of obedience from us before He will grant salvation unto us. Those people in rebellion will argue that since these requirements are not conveniently provided together in one spot in the New Testament, they are not valid. But even if they were listed together, the rebels would then brand that a "legalistic list" and thumb their noses at it. Rebels will also argue that obeying Christ equates to personal works, that obedience "robs" Christ of His sacrifice, that physical water can't "save" anyone, or a hundred other man-made excuses for circumventing what Christ commands. The fact remains, however, that Christ has issued certain requirements for salvation, either directly or through the apostolic epistles, and it is up to us to decide whether we"ll submit gladly and willingly, obey Him, and have the promise of salvation; or not submit, disobey Him, and have the promise of damnation.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Your ole Pal
(no login)

Don't You Miss It Boys?

December 31 2009, 12:00 PM 

Be truthful now. Well, forget about the 'be truthful' part. You got nowhere to go and no one to hammer on or slander. Just passing through boys and wanting to say hello and love you!

1 Corinthians 13
1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

Let's Just Discuss Doctrinal Issues

December 31 2009, 9:51 PM 

Interesting premise stated in the initial post:

Denominationalists will say, "Jesus requires nothing from us for salvation," or they may say, "All we need to do is just believe/have faith, nothing more," or even, "Just trust in Christ's sacrifice alone; don't bother obeying Christ's commandments." Either these people really don't know that Christ has issued specific requirements for salvation, or their denominational traditions compel these people to deny Christ's requirements for salvation. Here are Christ's requirements for salvation with example references from the KJV:

Ole Pal,

Do you agree or disagree with the denominational teachings pertaining to God's plan of salvation?

Let's discuss. Are you ready?

Respond to this message   
Your ole Pal
(no login)

FaithSite!!!

January 1 2010, 2:04 AM 

Am I ready?
Always!!!
2 Timothy 2:15
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

Am I ready to discuss it with you guys?
No.
Matthew 7
6"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

Sure do miss Faithsite already.

Respond to this message   
Joe
(no login)

Always?

January 1 2010, 6:18 AM 

Are you always ready? Yea you are always right, with lies. When you post them here the light is shine on them and they wither. You're the dog, but our love for the concerned causes us to cast our perils amoung you also.
Dogs like having their itching ears scratched so go on back to faithsite I'm sure they will tell you what you want to hear.

To God be the Glory
Joe McKnight

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Always?

January 1 2010, 5:04 PM 

ServantforHim can't go back to FaithSite, because the boards there are now defunct. Since Servant was just "passing through" the CM site and wanted to say "hello" (in a manner of speaking), he'll either have to find another board that will allow him to smear the mainstream church of Christ or wander aimlessly about until FaithSite should ever revive its boards. And you know what they say about a snowball's chance in the infernal regions... happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: FaithSite!!!

January 1 2010, 8:51 AM 

Nobody who really wants to become a Christian would balk or scoff at anything that Christ requires to become a Christian.

All the verses that "ole pal" cited are part of the sixth requirement for salvation: obey Christ's teachings and commandments for the rest of your life after you have been converted to a Christian. No true Christian would have any problem with following anything that Christ teaches.

And if "ole pal" misses FaithSite that much, how come he didn't fork out the $75 a month to keep the boards going? BTW, surely "ole pal" saw that BOH posted the last topic thread titled "For SFH" before the boards shut down.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Don't You Miss It Boys?

January 1 2010, 11:05 AM 

When the poster identified himself as an "ole pal" from FaithSite, I thought it might be either ServantforHim (Dave) or wavemaker. But the IP address confirms "ole pal" to be SFH.

Just remember that the FaithSite boards collapsed and the CM boards are still standing, proclaiming the Truth of the New Testament.

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 99.177.249.211 on Jan 2, 2010 12:03 AM

Respond to this message   
Your ole Pal
(no login)

January 1 2010, 8:17 PM 

I love you William Crump. I love you too Joe. I forgive you both. Jesus says to forgive and forgive. If He says to, then it is good enough for me.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

January 2 2010, 4:03 PM 

Does an old thread at FaithSite titled "The Narcissist" ring a bell with "old pal"? That thread was explicitly created to smear someone. I think "ole pal" would agree that the one who was smeared in that thread should forgive the mean-spirited person who created that thread. That would be the Christian thing to do, right, "old pal"? And "ole pal" did tell us, "Jesus says to forgive and forgive. If He says to, then it is good enough for me." Very well, I am quite sure that the person who created "The Narcissist" thread was forgiven long ago.

After all, to forgive those who wrong us is just one part of Christ's sixth requirement for salvation: obey Christ's teachings for the rest of our lives. And Christ taught us to forgive.

Respond to this message   
Your Ole Pal
(no login)

H.A.A.H

January 11 2010, 11:14 AM 

Does an old insult like "H.A.A.H" ring a bell with "believeonhim (Bill Crump)? That insult was explicitly created to smear someone. I think Bill Crump would agree that the one who was smeared in that thread should forgive the mean-spirited person who spoke the insult. That would be the Christian thing to do, right, Bill Crump? I did tell you, "Jesus says to forgive and forgive. If He says to, then it is good enough for me." Very well, I am quite sure that Bill Crump, who slandered "ole pal, SFH," with the term H.A.A.H., was forgiven long ago.

Oh, by the way, for anyone who doesn't know.....H.A.A.H. stands for 'Hot Air and Halitosis.'

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: H.A.A.H

January 14 2010, 6:16 PM 

I do find it difficult to believe that a person who claims to "love" and "forgive" those whom he thinks have allegedly "slandered" him would also write in another post about the Concerned Members site: "Does it seem that my sarcasm is a bit overboard? Hope so." In other words, sarcasm compels that person to post at Concerned Members. Do love, forgiveness, and sarcasm all go hand in hand?

The dictionary definition of "sarcasm" is:

noun 1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark

It sounds like sarcasm is the very antithesis of love and forgiveness. Therefore, we should take any sarcastic person's "Christian teachings" with a grain of salt.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: H.A.A.H

March 23 2010, 3:05 PM 

Ya gotta admit that H.A.A.H was designed to be high comedy, and it was quite original, too happy.gif, yet YOP, taking himself much too seriously, got himself all worked up in knots over it. We really can't say the same thing about that malicious thread on FaithSite titled "The Narcissist." That wasn't designed at all to be comical, as YOP knows. It was designed by an utterly mean-spirited person to vilify and smear someone who disagreed with its author.

Respond to this message   
Tom Brite
(no login)

January 1 2010, 8:48 PM 

Bill, because of [...], I overlooked the first time that you posted my name without my permission or participation. However, now that it has happened again, I would request that you observe normal internet rules and not post my name again without my permission. I realize that this is much like posting a correction to spelling or grammar, however, I figure that you would appreciate learning basic internet rules of behavior. I am sorry that I have needed to correct you yet again.

(Donnie, I would request that you edit Bill's posts above to remove my name from the thread. Thanks!)

This message has been edited by Donnie.Cruz from IP address 99.177.249.211 on Jan 2, 2010 2:34 AM

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

January 2 2010, 1:37 AM 

Tom, I do apologize for mentioning your name without your permission. Very well, henceforth, I also ask you to reciprocate in kind. Everything must be fair, as I'm sure you would agree. Let's not turn this board into another FaithSite. There was far too much insulting, smearing, slandering, and character assassinations on all sides at that site. That was because FaithSite was not moderated. Maybe I should post my essay that discusses the difference between reviling someone and correcting doctrinal error.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

January 2 2010, 11:27 AM 

And at my request, Donnie also edited Tom's post to remove a slanderous remark about me. Thanks, Donnie.

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(no login)

Where no man has dared to go before.

January 1 2010, 11:04 PM 

You will remember that the Disciples invented the word PSALLO to try to justify their deliberate discord to get the Churches of Christ to join with them and to keep their "disciples" called the Christian Church from being split over forcing the organ into congregations.

I affirm that no one has gone beyond a simple lexicon (for the simple) to find that PSALLO has been used to mean TWANG a string. For that folly, both wings of the bird have forfeited their right to ride on the backs of widows (tandem or more) and honest working people and promote the MUSIC with or the MUSIC without machines.

The PSALLO word has been chased down and captured and guess what: the MARK of the PERSONA is still absolute. The word speaks of making war by shooting literal arrows or making love by shooting love arrows enabled by plucking the lyre. Both point to Apollo who is your comon grade Abaddon or Apollyon in Revelation and his LOCUSTS, to the literate, are his dirty, smelly muses as common grade adulteresses.

I have put my last few days into Ronnie Norman's Review at First Colony. How can we know: is it terminal ignorance or terminal evil. In any case, the MARK is that making music will guarantee you a place on the barbecue rack since Christ in Isaiah 30 says that HELL was created for those NOT FIT for water baptism so they will be baptized with WIND and FIRE.

http://www.piney.com/First.Colony.Norman.html

I will be cleaning it up as time goes by--or not.

Respond to this message   
Your Ole Pal
(no login)

Forgiving Again

January 2 2010, 11:16 AM 

I forgive you too Ken Sublett, and I love you. Hey man, when are you going to let me see the great Hohenwald fortress? Might have some time in the next few weeks. You could invite William over and we could have tea.

Joe McKnight, how is Madison these days? Still infiltrated with those nasty change agents? They're everywhere!!!

Respond to this message   
Your Ole Pal
(no login)

Re: Where no man has dared to go before.

January 2 2010, 1:15 PM 

Hope you get them there change agents. If they use a song from the last 20 years--get rid of them. If they talk about using praise teams--get rid of them. Round em up boys. If they have a Christmas tree, even in the fellowship hall--get rid of them. If they use any version other than the KJV--set those brethren up for public ridicule. If they disagree with you in ANY way--have none of that and pull their membership from them.
Does it seem that my sarcasm is a bit overboard?
Hope so.

Respond to this message   
Donnie Cruz
(Login Donnie.Cruz)
ConcernedMembersMadison

The Change Agents: Baptism No Longer Essential to Salvation?

January 3 2010, 11:55 PM 

Ole Pal thinks it's all and only about the rah-rah praise songs and the rah-rah "Praise Team" [a.k.a. "contemporary church of Christ CHOIR]. How shallow of an understanding of what change agents [a.k.a. "transformers (or robots) in disguise"] are doing in the brotherhood!!!

Maybe, they're everywhere. But, again, maybe, more and more in churches recognize their presence and their evil deeds.

So [while there's a separate thread dealing with the "varieties of change agents"], how would Ole Pal categorize the change agents he is associated with? Any or some of the following?

1. The architects and designers of the Change Movement [from ACU, Pepperdine, DLU]?
  2. The traveling salesmen of change in workshops, retreats and campus programs?
  3. "Pastors" [who love being addressed as "Pastor Sumone"] in your own church?
  4. Those who show-case and demonstrate the change agenda of Rick Warren and the Community Church Movement?
  5. "Like wolves" in vulnerable congregations like yours?
  6. Deceiving change agents being with those easily deceived?
  7. Those who want to change the entire brotherhood?
  8. Those who abuse the Restoration Movement principles and desire to be affiliated with the Christian Church?
  9. Some or a combination of the above?

Or, are "change agents" change agents, regardless of where they may be?

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter