Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

ACU-God Centered University Getting New President

February 4 2010 at 3:06 PM
Your ole Pal  (no login)
from IP address 130.127.120.111

http://www.acu.edu/aboutacu/presidentialsearch/index.html
Thank God for such a wonderful University.

Both of the two candidates hail from ACU and attend Southern Hills church of Christ.
http://www.shrefresh.com/
http://www.shrefresh.com/community.html
http://www.southernhillschurch.org/templates/System/details.asp?id=41803&PID=624788

Supper Clubs, a coffee house, and tae kwon do for regular members, and used also to bring in new ones?!?!
That is AWESOME!!! Using the head for something other than a hat rack.
Our churches of Christs expanding and reaching out in a way that would bring lost souls to Christ.
Just not your more traditional methods, like slapping them up side the head with 'If you use instrumental music, your mother will hate you and your soul will be lost in eternal damnation.'
Wonderful new methods are sprouting up everywhere.
Just like someone thinking to have these great Winterfest celebrations for our teens, bringing in contemporary Christian artists to WORSHIP with them. The Gatlinburg winterfest is next weekend and looking to bring in over 10,000 teens.
Bill Crump, Donnie Cruz, or any others, what word would you insert in place of WORSHIP?
Life is GOOD!!!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ken Sublett
(no login)

Kick boxing is THE IN THINGY

February 4 2010, 8:30 PM 

Wade Huggins mentioned 14 times

Stage directions
Lights Down
VideoSound

Lights Up
A new annointing
.......Praise team
.......Congregaton up

Welcome/ Stkck Mic.
Zoe song Stick Mic
.......Praise team/ mics
Lords supper
.......Lights downhalf
.......stick mic
Sharing the bread praise team
Sharing the cup praiste team

Adult offering
.......Lights up full
.......Zoe song sing through
....... praise team

Children's Offering
.......stick mic, praise team

Video SPIRIT false teachingg
.......Lights down
.......Video of the HS working on the waves
.......Lights Up
.......Wade and mics
Song Wade and praise team mics
.......Congregation up

Sending [Wade will setup sending piece]
.......Wade's mike
.......Lights Down
Video HIM
..............Video Sound
Lights up
Zoe mighty to save
.......Wade and praiseteam UP
.......Congregaton UP

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: ACU-God Centered University Getting New President

February 4 2010, 10:02 PM 

My goodness! So the "right" way to recruit Christians is to provide such opportunities as supper clubs, coffee houses, martial arts classes, celebrity performers, and mega fun-and-games events--all of which appeal to the pleasure senses. Now I wonder why Jesus never thought of or mentioned anything like those things in His ministry. When He sent His apostles out into the world to preach the Gospel, I do wonder why He never said something like, "Now the BEST way to convert people to Christianity is to preach a 'gospel' of pleasure and entertainment. Make them feel real good, boost their self-esteem, and they'll come in droves!" Nope, Jesus never said anything even remotely like that. Jesus simply said, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you..." (Matt. 28:19-20 KJV).

YOP (Your Ole Pal) asked what word would you insert in place of "WORSHIP." I can think of two--pleasure and entertainment. Churches of Christ and associated universities that "reach out" in such a fashion as YOP has described in his post only "reach out" to entertain and satisfy man's desire for pleasure. Such churches labor under the profound delusion that providing worldly pleasure and entertainment is synonymous with "worship." Nothing could be further from the Truth.

Follow the example of Christ and DO NOT pollute worship with worldly pleasures and entertainments. If people will not become Christians simply by hearing or reading the simple Word of God, the Gospel, then the lure of all the fun and games in the world will only give them a moment of pleasure; it will not truly convert their souls.

Respond to this message   
Tom Brite
(no login)

Re: ACU-God Centered University Getting New President

February 5 2010, 9:08 AM 

I was a freshman with Rick Lytle at Harding in 1976. He impressed me even back then with his love for God and his caring, compassionate attitude towards others. I don't think I have seen him since, however, my son, who is at ACU in the business department has come away with the same feelings about him. He would be a good choice.

Respond to this message   
Your Ole Pal
(no login)

Love You Guys

February 11 2010, 12:42 PM 

Thank you William Crump for your answer for my request for YOUR word for WORSHIP to explain what one church in Texas is doing, and doing well to bring in lost souls for our Lord.
You may fool some people William, like you did at Faithsite, and claim not to respond because you think that I don't answer with the Truth. The reason that you DO respond time after time to my posts and requests is because I always do speak the Truth, and nothing else, and it irritates you to no end.....as it did when Jesus spoke to the Pharisees. The Pharisees didn't like the answers that Jesus gave, they didn't like the Truth, and they didn't like the fact that He brought about CHANGE after CHANGE. Jesus just didn't conform to their way of thinking. The Phariesss didn't understand True Love, which was the perfect description of Jesus Christ.
William, you and Donnie remind me of the Pharisees so much. You want your old song, your coat and ties, and can't picture Jesus without the proper atire like the Pharisees always clothed themselves in. You can't believe that Jesus would smile, have fun and there is no way you would believe that Jesus would ever turn water into wine (wine is always alcoholic., it is a matter of how much alcohol.....remember how I proved that already?) If you can't see a Jesus that would do any of those, then you certainly will not ever accept His church that would use new or different methods to bring in the lost. William, also, Jesus brought in the lost because He cared for them.....He healed them, and He fed them. He met their needs. If the Words of Jesus were enough, then why would He need to heal, and to feed, and care for the poor and lost souls? Why??? Because Jesus loved them and He loves us the same today. Love is a concept that eludes you and Donnie. You want your establishment, your traditions........not love. Hey William, when I spell out Pharisees.....should it be capitalized or not?
happy.gif

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter