Place your banner ad here.          See all banner ads

|| ConcernedMembers.com || About || Links Library || Help Warn Others ||
|| Madison Church of Christ || Richland Hills Church of Christ || Hillcrest Church of Christ || More Churches || Sunday School in Exile ||

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Phil Barnes urges 'insanity?'

February 28 2010 at 10:31 AM
Jimmy Wren  (no login)
from IP address 65.69.155.149

Phil Barnes affirms the elders authority to DECIDE on using or not using instruments. He says that they have wasted too much time allowing Satan who has WEAPONS keeping them from their task. We will show that all evidence points to Satan as the source and promoter of instruments which, then and now, are held to give off sacred sounds because they have the ability to stimulate all of the LADED BURDEN effects Jesus died to remove.

http://www.piney.com/Phil.Barnes.Madison.Church.of.Christ.Instruments.html

http://www.piney.com/Buck.Dozier.Instrumental.Music.Madison.Church.Of.Christ.html

I will look first at Wayne Huddleston "proof passage" as one of several reviews of ALL of their scripture passages. No doubt, Buck Dozier is doing all of the thinking as he has from the first massive sowing of discord by adding the "Worship Teams" assuredly one of the vilest ideas since Jesus said that our WORSHIP is IN the place of our perfected spirit as OPPOSED to houses built by human hands.

I will add the JESUS VISION as time permits.

On the Madison Blog site athttp://www.madisoncofc.org/blog/ Phil writes: 'Have an insanely blessed week as you serve the Master and live out Jesus Christ in your life.'

Synonyms for 'insanely are: devilshly, crazily, dementedly and deucedly.

Sounds like strange advice to me!

In Christ,
Jimmy

This message has been edited by Ken.Sublett from IP address 166.248.79.238 on Jul 1, 2012 2:56 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Phil Barnes urges 'insanity?'

March 1 2010, 8:41 AM 

Urging people to have an "insanely blessed week" apparently is an attempt to sound "contemporary" and "cool." Those who watch TV's American Idol will note judge Kara DioGuardi praising some contestants by saying they have "ridiculous chops" or a "ridiculous voice." That's her way of giving the highest praise. It's "contemporary" and "cool." So we shouldn't be surprised if those in the Change Movement imitate the entertainment world by using similarly "cool" expressions in worship.

Respond to this message   
Jimmy Wren
(no login)

There's a little more to this...

March 1 2010, 6:26 PM 

Phil writes: 'Have an insanely blessed week as you serve the Master and live out Jesus Christ in your life.'

Christians are to understand that blessings come from God - not Phil. It would seem to me that Phil is saying that God is a giver of insanity blessings!!! Something new and strange to the word of God is being taught here!

In Christ,
Jimmy

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: There's a little more to this...

March 2 2010, 1:07 AM 

It only sounds to me as if saying "Have an insanely blessed week..." is a way to avoid a traditional benediction such as, "May the Lord bless and keep you until we meet again." The Change Movement seeks to eradicate the "old, traditional, reverent" ways and replace them with phrases and innovations that are "hip," "cool," "popular," and more appealing to the masses. All that nonsense does is make the Church more like the world. The more the Church resembles a theater, a circus, or a secular rock concert; the more the minister resembles a comedian or storyteller with a vast repertoire of amusing anecdotes and jokes, the more likely that people will pack the pews to be entertained. Hence, popularity requires "cutting-edge" (controversial) phraseology that matches the above-mentioned goals of the Change Movement.

Respond to this message   
Tom Brite
(no login)

Re: There's a little more to this...

March 2 2010, 7:30 AM 

Bill puts much emphasis on the need for having a "traditional benediction." While it should not surprise anyone that Bill relies heavily on "tradition," it should come as a surprise that he also recognizes the need for a "benediction" at the end of a service since such is not found in scripture. As one who claims to follow the scriptures, and scriptures only, Bill should look again at his love for man-made traditions rather than following the simple truth found in scripture. Then again, it is not surprising behavior to anyone who has followed his teaching which promote tradition over truth and self over love for others.

Respond to this message   
Jimmy Wren
(no login)

Maybe but...

March 2 2010, 3:00 PM 

I just can't see any reason to use the word 'insanity' as an adj. to God's blessings! Maybe Phil can justify his use of the word 'insanity', as you pointed out Dr. Bill, but I can't.

He had a good lesson but I can't overlook the 'insanity' remark! (end of discussion)

In Christ,
Jimmy

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Maybe but...

March 2 2010, 6:30 PM 

Yes, I think we've covered the ground as much as we can. Did Tom say something? I thought I heard some gibberish and gnashing of teeth over in his corner. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Ken Sublett
(no login)

blessing

March 2 2010, 3:40 PM 

I would think a more spiritual blessing would be:

Num. 6:22 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
Num. 6:23 Speak unto Aaron and unto his sons, saying, On this wise ye shall bless the children of Israel, saying unto them,
Num. 6:24 The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
Num. 6:25 The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
Num. 6:26 The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
Num. 6:27 And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Respond to this message   
Tom Brite
(no login)

Re: blessing

March 2 2010, 8:00 PM 

Jimmy, I probably would not have used the word (by the way, it was "insanely" not "insanity") but it was the use of a common phrase used in today's world. It is common vernacular.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

March 2 2010, 11:01 PM 

Actually for once, I agree with Tom that the common vernacular word "insanely" was not the best choice of words. Just because a word is a "common vernacular" does not mean it is always suitable to use in a service. For example, "OMG" ("Oh my G*d") is also a "common vernacular," yet it would not be a suitable phrase to use in a service, because it is used more today in the secular world as an interjection or even sometimes as an expletive and not as an explicit expression of praise to God.

Therefore, do not say or do things in worship that make the Church more like the world.

"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God" (Romans 12:2 KJV).

"Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God" (James 4:4 KJV).

"Love not the world, neither the things [that are] in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that [is] in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever" (1 John 2:15-17 KJV).

Respond to this message   
Tom Brite
(no login)

March 3 2010, 7:57 AM 

I guess I should rethink my position. If Bill agrees with me, then I must be wrong.

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

March 3 2010, 12:03 PM 

For the sake of illustration, suppose Person A has a flaming prejudice against Person B and makes every effort to disagree with everything that Person B says, no matter what. Then a situation arises when Person A states a particular belief or position with which Person B agrees. Person A immediately changes his belief/position, because he must remain at odds with Person B. That's nonsense.

Here's an example of such nonsense: Person A says, "I believe that Jesus Christ is the way to salvation" and Person B says, "I also agree." Because Person A must remain at odds with Person B, Person A immediately changes his belief and claims that Buddha is the way to salvation. That's nonsense.

Because Bill agrees with Tom about "insanely," Tom now considers that his original position may be wrong. That's also nonsense.

Respond to this message   
Tom Brite
(no login)

March 4 2010, 2:29 PM 

Bill, I believe that a better illustration would be this:

Suppose that Person A has shown himself to be a bitter, arrogant, hate-filled individual who misinterprets scripture on a regular basis. Person B has observed the syle and errors of Person A on numerous occasions. Person B then makes a statement with regard to a question which has been presented on a message board. Person A then agrees with Person B's statement. Person B notices the response of Person A. Person B, knowing the prior behavior and beliefs of Person A, rightly concludes that perhaps he (Person B) might want to rethink his response since he finds it troubling that Person A agrees with his statement.

That, in fact, would be a more accurate description of the situation.

Come on Bill, you take yourself MUCH too seriously. Just can't stand a little kidding, can you?

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

March 5 2010, 10:36 AM 

Well, I guess in the opinions of some, those who support biblical Truth are "bitter, arrogant, [and] hate-filled." No doubt the Pharisees had similar, foul opinions about Jesus for teaching the Gospel. They probably thought Jesus took Himself too seriously.

Biblical Truth is irksome to some folks, especially if it clashes with their beliefs that embrace denominationalism, so they resort to smear tactics against strong Bible believers. Then when rebuked, they whitewash their mean-spirited trails with sentiments of false contrition and say something like, "Aww, you take yourself much too seriously. Can't you take a little kidding?"

Remember the movie titled The Green Mile, starring Tom Hanks? One character (not Hanks) was a sadistic, vicious little prison guard named Percy, who enjoyed tormenting the inmates who had been condemned to die in the electric chair. Often when Percy's acts had been especially mean, the other guards would rebuke him. Percy would only laugh and say that he had only been having a little fun and that it was just a joke. But then he would continue on as before. Percy whitewashed his mean-spirited trail with false contrition.

Something to think about.

Respond to this message   
Jimmy Wren
(no login)

March 4 2010, 6:16 PM 

Tom thanks. I used the word 'insanely' in my original post. I did not mean to use the word 'insanity.'

Ken had an excellent post as we do not find the word 'insanely' in any Bible transaltion.

In Christ,
Jimmy

Respond to this message   
Your Ole Pal
(no login)

Same thing.....Just a Different Day

March 9 2010, 12:22 PM 

William Crump, I saw where you used your famous 'parables' to suggest that someone would change their mind from believing in Christ to believing in Buddha just because they didn't care to agree with another person. You then compared that to Tom changing his mind because you believed in the same sort of belief as he would.
Again, and even more and better, this shows that you have no credibility here, at Faithsite or anywhere else.
The one thing that you haven't figured out yet, and a lot of people have not....it's not about what you know, it's about how you use that knowledge. Until you know REAL love William, you are lost....it doesn't matter how many times you are plunged beneath those cleansing waters.

1 Corinthians 13
1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Respond to this message   
Gary
(no login)

Unbelievable

May 28 2010, 6:32 PM 

You guys are unbelievable. To make such an issue about what Phil Barnes said. You really need to focus on serving God and stop all this. Silly!! Thats all I have to say!!

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

Re: Unbelievable

May 29 2010, 12:41 AM 

Is Gary telling us that he won't be posting here anymore, since the topic is "silly"?

Respond to this message   
Rocnar
(no login)

May 29 2010, 11:09 AM 

Madison CoC must be in great shape if this is all y'all can find to complain about. How about posting something positive about Madison?

Respond to this message   
Dr. Bill Crump
(no login)

May 29 2010, 2:28 PM 

If rancor wants to read only positive things about Madison, why doesn't he post something positive, unless he's never been there?

Here's a hypothetical scenario about positive-only thinking: The bubonic plague is killing thousands of people in the Middle Ages, and someone cries, "All this death and dying is lowering our self-esteem. How about finding something positive about the plague?"

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened at the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral

CM Visit Counter as of 6/25/2015

Site Visits Since 6/30/2015
page counter